Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I said a few months ago. I officially gave him up after his last injury or the one before. I don't remember..... he injured himself every other week.

Anyway, I changed my mind. I pray for his health every single night. I am Christian, but I encountered Buddhism, confucianism and Hinduism daily. I need to download a photo of Chris Hemsworth so I can pray to Thor too.

Bale is our only savior left. And that is so sad!

Chinky24, Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  2. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ironically he is our best attacker atm. He needs to stay healthy, BC is gone now, he gotta score the goals now.

3. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great that he's doing well. If he manages this string of games then perhaps there is hope for us. We have 5 LaLiga games before PSG : Villareal H, Deportivo H, Valencia A, Levante A, Sociedad H . Then Betis A,Alaves H, Espanyol A, Getafe H before the return leg of PSG.

Rest him for Copa. If he manages those 11~ matches then fcking great. But if we're going by the usual Bale trajectory..

5. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Happy for him today, I always believed in this guy, only if he stays fit, he is going to be great.

Anon. repped this.
  6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When healthy, this guy has more quality than anyone we can buy this summer. There is no way we can give up on him.

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Watching the game now. Glad to see him back in form. We need him

9. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Now Ronaldo is not such a focus he is able to blossom

10. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I was at the Bilbao game last year, he was horrible but at the same time going through injury issues.

Just shows how mismanaged it was and to a certain extent, Bales fault for not accepting he was ********ed.

Seems the club has taken care of him up to now and hopefully an end to his injuries.

11. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    If only he remained fit :cry:

12. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I read that he is isn't training with the team right now. He is working alone in the gym. Please don't tell me he is injured again...

Kroosinator repped this.
  13. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is usually the pattern with him after having a game that he doesn't do anything in it (like our last game). The pain makes it so uncomfortable to play so you can't see him doing the things he can do (like run, tackle and headers).

14. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Last two matches, he has been quite poor. Almost lost out there. Hardly involved in much of the play. I wonder if we all got a bit too excited?

It seems he still has the same problems that have plagued him throughout his Madrid career - not able to penetrate defensive teams, only dangerous with spaces on counter attack

15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hes not a player who dominates a game, rather one that pops up to make the difference once in a while. That makes him a good player to have, but definitely not an indispensable one. Add his salary, then add his injury record, and you have a player who a sound management should be looking to offload asap.

Digital, J-Mezzy and Iscodisco repped this.
  16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's injured. Just hiding it.

17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    looks like the club decided to cut short the losses on Bale and sell him.
    should probably get around 20M-30M for him.

18. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol you re trying hard for that red card

19. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gareth is done... Seems like the club finally decided to cut him loose this summer. As much as I think he could have been a great player for us, his injuries and inconsistency is not worth the insane wages he's earning right now.

We need to nurture Asensio and give the kid his playing time and he will blossom to be our next big thing.

That's one down, let's just hope that the club can also get rid of Benzema sooner than later...

20. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He looked pretty good in the first matches after his return from injury. We should wait until the season and see how things are going before taking such decisions. I am not sure that there are many alternatives to him in that market and the players that are on his level will demand similar salary.

Just look at the posts in the begging of this page.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I never worried about his form, i think most of the time it was as a result of his injuries and long layoffs or caution/fear of injury. The real problem are his injuries, if he goes that's the main reason... and insanely high wages considering he's injured half the time.

Los Merengues, J-Mezzy and temesgen repped this.
  22. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    for writing the truth?

23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No matter how good some think Gareth is, if you are not available to help the team half of the time in it’s various quests for trophies then it’s time to make a change, your quality makes no difference to the team and our results if you are sitting at home injured so often

I think he’s a decent player but certainly not indispensable, and that’s been my stance since day one, funnily enough I think Hendrix has described his game contribution best

Ronaldo already brings every single thing Gareth brings to the game, except he’s better at all of them, a different more technical player might suit us better, if it was up to me, I would have sold him at the end of last season

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that's half of what we'd get for Lucas Vazquez right now.

25. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like you more and more every single post. Damn.

Bale's speed is still faster right now though, I don't know what difference that makes when he only plays 20 games out of like 60 a season.

Digital and temesgen repped this.