Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I don't get it..

2. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not that he's always been injured but that he's always had juggling injuries particularly muscular ones throughout his career (you just wrote it yourself) showing doubts over his durability, there is no agenda as this point has clearly been proven..

And durable players really don't miss 2-3 weeks at a time over muscular problems 2-3 times a season.

3. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No, they are arguing that he has been injury prone since joining Madrid, (look at his stat in Spurs vs Madrid, numbers dont like).
    I was and still am his fan, I wish he could play more for Madrid, but I still thank him for winning us the CDR vs Barcelona, and scoring the winning goal vs A.Madrid in conquering La Decima. Could he have done more? 100% , much more, but it still doesnt justify the amount of hate you guys have towards him ... hating any Madrid is just wrong, wrong wrong wrong ....

S1na repped this.
  4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    this does not automatically point the finger at RM .
    It could also be due to his age and longevity in the sport as his body is not healing properly (100%) after major injuries.

RM or None repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's on the medical staff to know though. What is more concerning then the actual injuries is how they're happening. How many of those injuries were during rehab from a previous injury or in training or the first game coming back from a previous injury? Bale, btw, is not an isolated injury. It's happened to other players here the past few years.

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    The other players' injuries are nothing outside the norm for players who are competing in three/four tournaments in a season, which is consistent with the other top teams.
    And the medical staff should know.. but they are also not supposed to make every detail public.

7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    So now Bale is also "lucky to win the 3 CLs" because we won them despite him. Lol. First Benzema and now Bale. Soon it'll be hard to find players in the first 11 who actually won these trophies instead of just being around. Lol.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Not the injuries they get from rehabbing original injuries (such as Vallejo this year, Marcelo and Varane last year, and a few more examples), nor the recurrence of the same injury they just came back from. That's not normal.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Not the injuries they get from rehabbing original injuries (such as Vallejo this year, Marcelo and Varane last year, and a few more examples), nor the recurrence of the same injury they just came back from. That's not normal.

10. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Shouldn't the medical staff know this though?
    and to other guy, if you call scoring the winning goal in "La Decima" "being around" then I rest my case :) you got to give credit when its due and criticize when its time. Bale is struggling now , no questions, but to say he was "standing around" when we won the CL is a bit biased, dont you think ? especially in Decima.

11. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was a key part of La Decima but you can't really say he played much of a role in last season's triumph. He only played 20mins of CL football between the QF first leg and actually winning the trophy in Cardiff.

ahnaf, Lyra, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but that didn't stop him from walzing right back into the team and making a cameo appearance in the final ahead of deserving players like James, Nacho, Lucas Vazquez, Mariano, Pepe, etc.

Must be nice, and he's getting away with it again. Either he will conveniently "recover" when the team is in form and on the cusp of another title or he will "remain" injured and let some other poor slob like Benzema take all the blame.

robnycus repped this.
  13. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have been supportive of Bale's stay here(not anymore). "There were not many players at his level in the world. We should keep him and see what would happen," I used to believe.

But it is hard fact in sport. He is not playing.... he is not playing.
    Yes, I am sad that it does not work out, but other players had moved onward. Iker and Raul did much more for us, but they still got to go when they got to go. I can add Pepe to the list. And I also believe that Bale is worth something in the market. He is the British icon of his generation and there are not many British footballing icons in this generation. Who is the next one? Kane? Alli? Rashford? Rooney is now playing for Everton, btw. The Preimership clubs still want him(not 85 million as reported).

I still thank for his winning goal in the CL Final. That goal alone is worth of the 100 million we paid for him. I am serious. 100 million for the winning goal!

S1na repped this.
  14. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Agreed. I was referring to post made by Shay, where he referenced "3" CL.

15. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You calling me an idiot? Can someone ban this Asshole?
    Ain't happy he is injured, but there is no doubt that every time bale "declare himself fit" he causes a team formation shift for 1-2 games that make other much more important players get benched (isco, Marco and casemiro). Benz missing some games kind of "fixed" this, but the reality is that as soon as bale is fit, he starts, and play horrible or get injured. With this latest injury, hoepfully even zidane and Perez realized they can't put their trust in him.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  16. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh no. That's terrible. Poor Bale is having a rough year. Bless him and his family

S1na, Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yup, I can.

Raul_Madrid and Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    lol

20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What can you do? He's part of that Reus & Robben crew.

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just saw this, I won’t get into that “winning goal” nonsense again but, did you actually watch this game?

RM or None and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's useless to argue,it's the ultimate undisputable argument. "But but but he scored 1 out of the 4 goals in the final,2 meters away from the goal line".

RM or None and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    indeed, and if this is the case then we have to rename Estadio santiago Bernabeu to Estadio C. Ronaldo . sky's the limit ...

24. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yes i did, and i almost had a heart attack when Ramos scored ! I am not sure if we ever discussed this, but not sure why you think that goal was nonsense.