Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn't particularly think he had a great game apart from his goal, but the way he took that ball down from Isco's pass.. absolute class and signature Bale move.

Lyra repped this.
  2. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's the difference between power and strenght? Lukaku can match(and some more) his combination of strength and speed.

What's with all the hype? Prime Cristiano says hi. Cristiano had 48 goals in La Liga in 2014/15. Bale has 54 from 4 seasons. Was he he ever on fire? His highest tally in the UCL for Real is 6. He has 10 goals and it's his 5 UCL season for RM. Cristiano has 10 or more goals per season since 2011/12.

100 m transfer fee - check
    From EPL - check
    Praised to be the easy bet for next Ballon d'Or and to overtake Ronaldo - check
    Undisputed starter even tho he was bad in 2 seasons, a horror show last season - check

Yet for some reason he's compared to Lucas and him scoring 1 goal and he's "ALMOST BACK" and when on fire no one in the sport can match his combination lmao.

He came back from injury almost 4 months ago and played a shitton of matched. Don't give me that bullshit of "He wasn't fit ,he really wanted to help the team so brave bla bla" . Even worse, he played unfit ,dragged the team down and was taking the starter spot from more deserving players.

Arcticmandaly repped this.
  3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    #hailbale

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #829 Saeta Rubia, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Comeback when flat track bully Lukaku has scored/assisted in multiple CL finals and semis and cup final against Barca. Talks about standards then over hypes Lukaku so often. :D Till then compare him to Robbie Keane or Luca Toni. All good players at a lower level. Bale played at a much higher level even at Spurs rather than just spanking minnows. Scored great goals against City, United, Arsenal etc. Carried his team without Modric.

2015/16 was his best season. So I dunno how he had 2 bad seasons. He was our best player against City too in crucial semi tie. Carried us in the league when Ron was out towards the end of the season. We are going through one of the most successful periods in our history and Bale has definitely contributed in 2 CLs. Pretty "bad".

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Something few others pointed out after the match.

910056959717523456 is not a valid tweet id

Asensio and Mayoral wre guilty of the same.

Zidane05 repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lukaku has one of the most talented NTs and has done ********all. Lost to Walsh team vastly made up of minnow club players that qualified for their major tournament for first time in their history. Thanks to many crucial goals from Bale himself in qualifiers and few in tournament. Talk about over hyping a player that hasn't proven much at the top level.

S1na repped this.
  7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    To bad that the amount of times he was on fire in his 5 year stay in Madrid = number of digits on both hands.

I dont know about you, but i would gladly swap Bale for Neymar, Mbappe,...etc...

8. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hes a 100 million pound left back thats really all he is these days.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am still glad Neymar rejected us. He has caused Barca a president, several law suits and an exit that messed up their transfer market. Not to mention all the money his dad squeezed out of the club. He was a non-show against Atletico when they got knocked out and missed a sitter at Calderon. I had mentioned why Barca have 1 CL in four years while we have 3 is 'cos MSN got shut out entirely in 3 ties while Bale/Benz have made a difference when Ron has a rare off day. City game or Calderon last season for instance.

10. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh lord we cant forget hes amazing tap in the final and hes goal against barcelona. Not like we dont hear about this every single day as a reason to why bale is so brilliant .

MaxY repped this.
  11. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    City game he scored a cross that ended up into the net he wasnt even good lol.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A left back who manages that being out of form. Hopefully, he continues to improve as he has done in last 2 games. You know hatred is strong while defensive contribution is used against a player.

S1na repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #838 Saeta Rubia, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    He also gave 1v1 pass to Modric and Ronaldo. But obviously, we will only hear that from you if it was the opposite.

14. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Left backs can assist 5 yard passes and cross the ball you know. Hes been dog shit in every single game this year .

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh lord. Goals that helped us win titles. Assist in 2016 final too. Someone has to score/assist when Ron doesn't right? Those don't matter as we are RM and would win finals anyway!

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Being a Ron stan, you should know his crosses to him was longer than that in last game. ;)

17. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When you have to repeat the same 3 or 4 big moments in 5 season span career for bale for why he is so good . Its been discussed to death on this thread already, with video evidence and clips of how bad bale was in the final and how many sitters or chances he missed in that game .

18. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :laugh:........;)

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, he has been involved in 3 CL campaigns mainly and those are the big moments usually people remember. Not goals against Valencia, Villarreal etc. Not denying he has missed 40% games due to injury as well.

Him and Di Maria were the only ones taking on defense as well. If everyone played like Ron and Benz that night(no show), Atletico would have probably dominated us.

20. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't take Neymar over Bale, just because of the fact that he is a despicable character.

21. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has 10 goals in total in hes champions league career,thats a pretty piss poor total for someone that is know for scoring goals and i dont really call someone like that important because he scored a fluke cross goal against city.

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Alright this ends here. If you can't make a football related post, don't post anything at all. And going around the same crap over and over is getting tiring.

Non-thread related threads will be deleted and warnings will be issued moving forward.

23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He said that Bale has the best combination of speed and strength. I stated that Lukaku has that. Why the fck are you talking about Lukaku scoring/assisting or mentioning Bale's "achievements" in cup finals? Does that affect speed or strength somehow? I "overyhpe" Lukaku so often? Fam you literally have no idea what you're talking about. I preferred Mbappe over Lukaku and even if he was available I'd prefer Werner,Belotti & Dybala. Also said that Morata is the better option. I don't give a single flying fck about Lukaku nor how he fares against quality opposition. Go preach that to someone who actually mentions it.

Bale wasn't our best player vs City,lmao. Bale carried us in the league ? Didn't even break the 20 goal barrier yet. 2 bad seasons = 2014/15 and last one.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Those that actually want the team to win can't forget it because there was a trophy at the end of those goals. You're amazingly bitter for somebody who apparently should be happy about those things happening.

2-3 pages of "he's sh*t and he knows it" after he scores a pretty fantastic goal, in an otherwise solid match. Salt mines are open.

Eddie repped this.
  25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You certainly seemed to think so in 2016.

S1na, PigBenis, J-Mezzy and 7 others repped this.