Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He belongs to left or right flank. But the problem is that in Spain and under Zizu`s system, he will not have many options to run into depth. Then, what is the point of playing him besides trying to keep his value for future sale?

As for me, 4-4-2 -diamond with Benzy :unsure: and CR7 up top is the best possible line-up.

2. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    How did Isco manage to put him through when he can't speak Spanish to him?

Shay Z, Ahmadi8, 9Qui and 3 others repped this.
  3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Because Isco`s Disco transcends the language barrier.

4. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    That's enough of a reason for the club to play him. It was impossible to remove James from the books and he's also a star player, he's younger then Bale, he's not made of glass and he makes much less then Bale does.

With stadium renovation and future signings in attack Flo will want to recoup as much as he can and if Bale manages to stay fit and has average season, EPL clubs will be lining up to take him.

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's wrong with a goal and being active in defense? Isn't that enough for his game to be rated as good vs one of the toughest opponents in La Liga?

Anyway, as many others pointed out he worked a lot in offense too and got himself in pretty good positions, just wasn't being given the ball as much as he should have.

Ahmadi8 and 9Qui repped this.
  6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He wasn't actually. He was making tons of runs and finding himself in a lot of open space, only for Isco or Asensio to not see him or choose not to pass to him and hold on to the ball.

7. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course Isco skipped him, each time he got the ball he ran back to Navas. That goal was world class tho, good run and world class finish. He should only make runs behind the opponents defense, thats it. Don't play him the ball in his feet, always goes back or sideways.

Lyra repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    909785163680419840 is not a valid tweet id

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  9. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yep he was horrible in general.A bit of tracking back is enough to please people on here for 100 million pound winger.

Balls were being crossed into the box and he was standing taking naps in the D area instead of trying to get on the end of them .

There was another great counter attack we had from a corner and are whole attack was busting a nut to get on the end of it but bale was just walking up from defence not bothered at all.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They skipped him when he had loads of space in opposition's half. He would have been through on goal. Much easier chance than the one he finished yesterday. Isco himself got ignored by Asensio in same situation.

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, he was taking naps clearing corners and even had a block from a pass deflecting to Varane. He must be superman to reach other end along with those at the edge of the box. Usual bullshit from you.

Ahmadi8 and sneakking repped this.
  12. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bullshit you say ? i thought bale is supposed one of the fastest guys on the planet as seen when he made that run yesterday. Are whole team was back defending the corner and yet hes having a stroll on a brilliant counter attack

Let me put it this way, would u ever see ronaldo taking a nap in midfield or walking up we have the numbers advantage , in a counter attack, after defending a corner and a great chance to score.? No you would not.He would easily make that run and get on the end of it and hes not even as fast as bale so there is no excuse.

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    When Ronaldo is the first to clear 3-4 corners and even tracking back to defend through balls, I don't expect him to be as fast as Asensio or Isco who are closer to the edge of the box being shorter. In fact, Bale's goal in Decima came that way. Ron tracked back and got the ball. ADM, Bale and Morata who were further up took advantage in counter. It's like saying Di Maria who was in deepest position during Bayern counterattacking goal should have been up there with Bale and Ron who got a head start.

14. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

your Bale cardboard cutout must have gotten quite the workout last night after his goal

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Lol man, you're now trying really hard. That's some BS out there, and I would ask for examples of balls that were crossed in his vicinity that he was just standing and taking naps, but I know I'll get the "I'm not going to watch the whole game to give you specific examples" response.

saadomar, Shay Z and Eddie repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Must be wishing he played there all the time.

909807343252262912 is not a valid tweet id

Excape Goat and S1na repped this.
  18. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    You know it's a special kind of hate when it's "yeah yeah yeah, but besides scoring and assisting defense what else did he do??" :rolleyes:

saadomar, S1na, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You know it`s special kind of bullshit when you must use the "hate" rhetoric or "he made tons of runs".

In reality, up to the goal he was largely anonymous. Not being involved in build up play and in general being poor with ball at his feet. The only memorable thing that he has done was defending. Should i be thrilled by that considering he is 100m Ballon D Or forward? His goal on the other hand was great. Not so much because of run but because of finishing which was class.

Now better utilize your immense moderator powers and prevent the hate rampage across the board!

Arcticmandaly repped this.
  20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He can't score every second of the game, nor will we be the attacking team in every one of those seconds, so yes him helping to defend (and not sometimes, but he ran back practically every time) is a good thing for the team.

In attack he wasn't static but made himself an option various times, but he didn't receive the correct pass. That's not 100% on him.

He didn't have a great game, but then I wouldn't say any of our players did, but he was ok/good. Should we expect more? Hell yeah, but I see no reason to complain about him using yesterday's game.

21. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so many salty tears after a goal in a win

it must have been so deflating to see that chip roll over the line

saadomar, libertao, S1na and 4 others repped this.
  22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I emptied my tequila stash right after the goal due to all that massive pain. It went nicely with salty tears. Although the experience was ruined due to lack of lemons.

23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When he is on fire, no one in the sport can match his combination of power, speed and strength. And I always said that we should keep him.

24. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Happy for Bale. Hopefully this is the beginning of his return to form. Would love to have an attacking three for us that's above the two that Barcelona has. I want RM to crush Barca.