Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He wont, but will drag it OUT as long as he can. This is why Zidane should have just let him play for 10mins on Sunday.
    Instead he embarrassed him and made things worse.
    He will need to play for Wales so he wont sit and play golf next year without competitive action.

2. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Exactly we could have handled this better but now he wont make it easy for us.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Same people coping pleas for Bale leaving matches are the same ones who lost their mind anytime Cristiano did anything... and he had never done anything egregious while he was hear as Bale.

4. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    So you're saying all of us fans are just overly sentimental haters who can't see the real picture?

5. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Calderon came out and said Bale is set to leave this summer and is adamant there can be no way back for him under Zidane.
    Zidane last year when he left said it was imperative to keep Cristiano Ronaldo and sell Bale and they decided not to do that, it seems it is impossible for him to be here because of the coach and the relationship with the fans.
    he told the BBC Wales

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's one thing to not be happy with his performance and another to make him look like a person he's not. Bale has for the most part outside of moments of frustration been professional. We've had players come to the training ground drunk in the past (Carlos, Robinho and Ronaldo), so I find the portrayal of Bale's overall attitude very extra.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo hosted a birthday party after we lost a Derby and pique absolute destroyed us for a year with the pics and the footage that went viral.

Ronaldo did heaps of things wrong, but he had his shit together in terms of performance.

8. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who the f*ck cares what Pique thinks!? He’s an insecure hypocrite that can’t stop running his mouth.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You literally don't get the point, ever.
    We lost 4-0 and Ronaldo was dancing and singing with Kevin Roldan. It's not only what Pique thinks, people caught up with Cristiano outside of Valdebebas the next day and yelled abuse at him as he drove through.

10. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  11. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're absolutely right, I don't get your point because there is nothing to get. You're trying to conflate & distract in order to make Bale seem more likeable? Look like a victim? I'm not sure what the point is.

Kevin Roldan & CR7 has nothing to do with Bale being a 100 million dollar player that has been injured over half his time at Madrid. Kevin Roldan & CR7 have nothing to do with the fact the Bale thinks he's the best player in the club & that him/his moronic agent go over the coaches head constantly to play the position he wants. Kevin Roldan & CR7 have nothing to do with Bale/his agent sh*tting on the fans not that long ago. Kevin Roldan & CR7 have nothing to do with Bale not staying on the bench with his team, or leaving the stadium before games were over multiple times. Nobody besides Bale is at fault for him being a mediocre at best player, or not having any friends on the team, or the fact that 91% of fans want him gone from this club (see below, more fans want him gone than any other player).

I'm not saying Bale is a bad person, I'm saying he is dead weight holding this club back & he needs to be gone ASAP.

I don’t care what Pique thinks, I don't care what Kevin Roldan things, or what CR7 thinks about this issue. I just want Bale gone.

1130837093108916225 is not a valid tweet id

12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    People on that poll rather see Lucas, Nacho and Asensio stay over Kroos and Ceballos

I don’t get it.

13. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yea online public polls are usually not the best thing to reference. I think it still supports the point I was trying to make.

I bet if a poll was made who you would rather keep Lucas & Asensio or Kroos & Ceballos I bet you would see different results. I know I’d vote for Kroos/Ceballos

14. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I simply don't get it...what is it exactly that Bale wants?

Can someone please explain that to me?

Hes constantly moaning since the past year and I'm tired of hearing him and his agent talk.

Simply put, he's underperforming AND talking crap so what exactly does he expect when he's sitting on a massive salary? Hugs and kisses?

J-Mezzy, appwrangler, PigBenis and 6 others repped this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If those words are true, he's showing that he's very childish and used to getting his way.

edit: also delusional

Lyra, HZinho, PigBenis and 4 others repped this.
  16. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    J-Mezzy, MiamiNative0722 and Shay Z repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marcelo and Isco certainly look like they are eating what they want, when they want. I'm not getting his point.

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's most likely referring to the amount of travel, the strict itineraries. He's probably also at some point been put on some alternative new age diet to try and cure whatever his injury problem is.

We're also talking about a guy who's probably frustrated to on end that he hasn't been able to hit the greens at the various golf courses in Spain.

19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    To me he just sounds like a player who has lost passion for the sport.

His obsession with Golf is making more sense now.

ImadEdd repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't see what he's saying that's so problematic. People have internalized this image of Bale as the enemy that even saying something like this makes him questionable when it's an absolutely fair thing to say.

No matter what you do, when it becomes a job, the feeling surrounding it becomes completely different. Most football players look at the game as a job after a certain point.

21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Who gives a damn about the "farewell". If that meant anything to him he should have walked onto the field as soon as the final whistle was blown and taken his bow.

He's been a pro but apart from his non existent performances on the field I lost good will for him after he did that on pitch interview after the final and soured our joy. Funny thing is he talked a big game and when he got exactly what he wanted he couldn't even pull the cart for a few weeks let alone a season. Thank you for you efforts but it's time to mutually end this relationship.

Also who gives a damn what journalists think or say about our "image". Screw them. For them it was great when Bale was talking on the field 10 seconds after a final and talking about leaving but its booooooooooooo Madrid when we didn't give him a proper farewell. Who stopped him from saying goodbye that day? Nobody.

People will always hate Real Madrid. Those who know...….. know.

J-Mezzy, Lyra, Vector-SS and 6 others repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It literally defines how much money the club gets from sponsors to a certain extent. Bad pr=less money.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If this were true we would be the poorest club in Spain.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This "everybody hates us!" rhetoric is the same thing Bayern fans say all day long. It feels nice to pat yourself on the back and act like we're some kind of outsider while this is the most popular club in the country and possibly Europe.

The whole thing just opened a discussion that didn't need to be opened. It will not matter in a few weeks but the fact that Bale can't do anything without having people triggered here says a lot.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Real Madrid is the most polarizing and heaviest criticized club in Spain.

I will repeat, your statement:

..is brutally false.

Ahmadi8 repped this.