Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We are a year too late to get great money and two years too late to for the perfect transition because stupid pride.

If only Florentino had bet on Mbappe and sold him the way the way he bet on Bale, selling Ozil.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  2. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ten year challenge

IMG_20190118_152417.jpg

libertao, Deep Pal, Saint Iker and 16 others repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll say this for the 100th time, but even Özil himself didn't feel pushed out. He said that he wasn't happy with our offer, but also says that a competent agent would have managed to strike a deal with the club, he wanted to stay, the club wanted him to stay, but his father looked at our offer, got angry and and started yelling instead of going through regular negotiations. After that it was impossible for him to stay. When he told his father that he messed up, he deleted Mesut's twitter page out of spite.

4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Carlo began to bench Ozil for Isco and DiMaria .. with the arrival of Bale to form the BBC it was gonna be almost impossible for Ozil to play in the 433..
    He was essentially forced out.

Excape Goat repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Uh....

SOURCE

So threatening Ozil with sitting in the stands after low balling him at the contract renewal negotiation didn't make Ozil feel pushed out?

Lol ok.

Again, Florentino should have used these "not feeling pushed out" tactics on Bale or Benzema instead of coddling them.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's a wrong translation.

This is the original from the first print of the book:

„Ich konnte nicht ahnen, dass das Sturkopfduell kein lächerliches Kräftemessen mehr war, kein kleines Geplänkel mehr unter Männern, sondern inzwischen derart festgefahren war, dass es tatsächlich Konsequenzen für mich hatte. Bei dem Big Boss meines Vereins war ich in Ungnade gefallen, obwohl ich selbst überhaupt nichts gemacht hatte. Mir drohte ein Platz auf der Tribüne. Plötzlich musste ich handeln. Im Sinne meiner Karriere. Nicht mehr zu spielen, kam überhaupt nicht infrage – vor allem, wenn diese Entscheidung nicht auf Leistungskriterien beruhen würde.“

It doesn't say that his father's reaction during the negotiations ruined the relationship with the club, and the situation threatened to have him dropped to the stands. It wasn't a disagreement between men any more, it was something that could potentially ruin his career, so he left the club and relieved his father from all duties as his manager.

The "threat" wasn't from a person at the club, it was that what his father said made him look like he didn't even want to play for the club anymore and threatened his future in it.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yes because Florentino felt disrespected and this disrespect became threat enough to potentially ruin his career.

Let's try not to spin the obvious.

Ozil was lowballed by Florentino. Ozil's naive father in a rage disrespects Florentino. After this action Ozil felt his career could possibly be ruined. This "feeling" Florentino gave Ozil is what led to Ozil's departure.

I'm saying Florentino should have also given Bale and/or Benzema such "feelings". If Florentino wanted to he could. After all he had no problem giving Cristiano "feelings" for years as well (yes, I'm aware you hate Cristiano and he is a brat).

This is bullshit. Ozil could have easily said "No, I want to play at the club".

Ramos and Rene do this all the time. Yet Florentino sees them as indispensable so they stay.

Excape Goat repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can't stay at a club where your father disrespected everybody. We're talking about a man who deleted his own son's social media accounts out of spite. The situation became incredibly uncomfortable. The stuff he said at Schalke when his son was a teenager won't fly at Real Madrid.

It's not about being a tough negotiator. I remember many years ago, Schweinsteiger was discussing his final contract extention with Bayern and Hoeneß said that even with players that love the club, you haggle about every last Euro. That is part of the business, but what's not part of the business is kicking and screaming like this is at Gelsenkirchen where he directly told them Schalke are trash and not good enough for Mesut.

9. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2634 fierro, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    @YOUNGSTARS87 He doesn't want to understand, he just wants to slander Ozil because its the thing to do in Germany these days.

I get it though, we give Bale/Benz the Ozil/Higuain/James/Morata treatment and we are selling them the next transfer window.

We're watching it happen in real time with Isco and Keylor FFS.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yes you can and his father disrespected Florentino. Is he now "everybody"?

His father made those mistakes, not Ozil. This was Ozil's point and why I again highlight the "feeling" Ozil was given by Florentino.

Exactly.

Florentino knows how to make players feel less welcomed and they usually move. If he did half of that with Bale, he bails.

Florentino didn't because in his arrogance he wanted to get rid of Cristiano and saw Bale as his replacement. We are suffering for this. That is the reality.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How the hell would you know what the thing to do in Germany is? On the other hand you seem to act like you know everything so it doesn't really surprise me.

At least I respect the man enough to write his name correctly.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You know because you've met him and shit.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    #2638 YOUNGSTARS87, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    ... or we could just use the obvious examples from the past (not purposefully avoid the hints that don't support our side of the argument).

14. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wait, so you know because you met with him and shit?
    You seen to defending Perez with any decision.
    If it's a good decision, it's Perez.
    If it's a bad, it's the "board".
    Keep thinking that Perez is not involved in benching players.
    Perez is like Jerry Jones, he thinks he knows football (NFL), he thinks he has the best coach and the best QB in the league, everyone outside Dallas knows his wrong, but nobody is saying it internally.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, 1 playoff win in 8 years vs 4 CL trophies in 5 years. Perfect analogy you genius.

People assumed Perez was trying to force Keylor out and Navas signed a new contract instead.

16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's just to get good money on his eventual transfer and because as a 32 year old coming off a year on the bench Keylor wouldn't have any leverage for contract negotiations with a new team.

17. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This guy is the footballing equivalent of a catfish.

Kroosinator repped this.
  18. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    4 CL in 5 years comes down to the players & Carlo/Zidane. Perez is lucky to be associated with that in some ways. He is the one that hired Rafa Benitez to lead us and got beyond lucky that Zidane came in mid season to save us.

Also Bale is trash , get the hell out of my club.

19. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1 La liga in those 8 years?

20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    sorry, forgot to add, genius...

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ah, so when the team wins it's because of everybody but Florentino, but when the team doesn't do well, it's because Florentino runs the club by himself top to bottom. Sounds like you are the one shifting the blame. It's a collective effort across the board, win or lose. Club, coaches, players.

Also a lot of people (including myself) were curious to say theleast that Perez kept Zidane employed for years under bullshit job descriptions to keep him attached to the club before he became an assistant. So even if he was lucky, he deserves credit for holding on to the guy since the first day of his retirement and keeping him employed throughout.

Most Bayern fans i know would easily trade 4 Leagues against 4 CL trophies. Complaining about the past half decade is truly a luxury problem.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still like Florentino a lot, the current state of this club is 100% on him though. He can be foolish, like thinking Bale could be the leader of this club smh.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is how I feel as well.

I just find it hypocritical that some get made just because I call him out on his mistakes; mistakes which have severly hurt us.

Regardless he is still our guy, we just need him to do better. The complacent attitude of defending players, coaches or our leaders blindly doesn't help this club. It's what hurts it.

Chinky24 repped this.
  24. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so when you want its ok to compare us to Bayern, but when we're talking about players, its like heaven and earth distance between us and them...

I'm not erasing what Perez did for the club, and the many CLs win, but you can't deny that while we won CLs in the last 2 years, we were getting weaker and weaker with Perez not taking any steps to fix it, even worse, taking steps to make us weaker.

Chinky24 repped this.
  25. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Veratti is injured apparently. So injury prone