Give the Gift of Personal Protection this Christmas

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Bill Archer, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That settles it - I'm booking a flight to my old motherland.

2. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Don't forget the most important Dutch invention of all: the Dutch Oven.*

*Technically, this isn't really a dutch oven.

3. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is pathetic, just insulting a nation.
    What do the jews in a Warschau ghetto have anything to do with the Dutch capitalation to Germany in may 1940? Those judes would have been killed anyway, they fought for their lives.

The Dutch capitilation came after the big bombing of Rotterdam where tenths of thousands innocent lives were lost and flattend the second biggest city of Holland. I am very familiar in Rotterdam and the aftermath of those bombs are still to be noticed everywhere. The whole centre was completely gone and Rotterdam still is by far the ugliest big city over here. If holland wouldn't have stopped fighting the nazi's just would have bombed other big city's like Amsterdam, The Hague, Utrecht etc. Which would have cost an unbelievable amound of lives, only to be forced to sign anyway.

We were fighting a nation like 20 times as big as us and at that time the absolute military worldpower. The Nazi army was in a complete different league compared to the Dutch. Look at France, the Germans just walked in there without any problems and France really is 20 times as big as Holland. I for one got great respect for those guys who fought for six days knowing they didn't stand a change.

I will admid that there were a few shamefull people who collaborated with the nazis, as in every occupied country back then. They where so small in numbers you cannot hold them accountable for Dutch behaviour in the war, dumb********s are to be found everywhere. Holland is still completely loaded with jews and the only negative attitude towards us tends to come out of USA but certainly not out of Israel (or the rest of Europe for that matter). Holland has always been one of the closest allies to Israel.

History is full of story's where Dutch people resisted by underground guerilla groups, people giving jews shelter and loads of farmers who organised themselfs to hand out food (people were dying of honger). But that's probably not the type of story that runs well there.

I think it's pathetic to use those kind of argument in some offpoint discussion because you guys (and me) really not know what we're talking about

Again, what has that got to do with Holland. Are you insinuating that the whole nation of The Netherlands should have fought agains the Nazi's, not capitulating and thus do the same thing those jews did? It sure sounds good in the history books but it's crap and you know it, a few million human lives would argee with me here.

Is that supposed to be funny?

4. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Maybe the Dutch can copy the French system of terror warnings:

Blue - Run

Yellow - Hide

Orange - Capitulate

Red - Collaborate

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that you're even posing the question.

6. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, spoonman has got be some Belgian's sockpuppet, right? Trying to make the Dutch look like raging pvssies, correcct? Because that was just too over the top...

7. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he's on your side in regards to Bush and Iraq! ;)

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You want me to start listing the wingnuts on your side of the fence?

9. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering your stance on guns and the bombing of Mecca as a way of solving the Middle East question, I think your just chomping at the bit to burst out of the conservative closet. The Riot Squad's chant of "One of us! One of us!" whenever Donovan scored a goal comes to mind.

To paraphrase Stan Marsh, "come out of the closet Dustin, come out of the closet..."

10. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Hey didn't you know it's cool to be a liberal?

11. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cindy Sheehan.

I believe that's game, set and match.

As for the Dutch, the bottom line is that they won't have a country in 25 years. It'll be an Islamic Republic.

And when it comes to burglary, just to be very clear: you set foot in my house and I will blow your brains out.

12. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in Southern California and work in television. In some places I'm surprised I could keep my mouth shut and avoid being sent to Re-Education Centers...

13. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [Snort]But, but they'll still be able to have gay marriages, legalized prostitution, and hash bars right?[/guffaw]

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you forget where I'm from?
    You're confusing me with Loney. (Although I think they've got it coming to them.)
    Good luck with all that. You can take it up with my paleoconservative wife. Lord knows that she's been working at it for the past six years.

15. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, right. And she's not even the biggest wingnut on my side of the fence.
    I can see the opposite scenario coming to fruition. The local Muslims get a little too uppity or kill the wrong person(s) or blow up the wrong building and the next thing you know, some charismatic politician gets elected prime minister on the "Burning Muslims will heat our homes more cheaply than natural gas" platform.
    Indeed.

16. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (I forgot to update this...)

Posts by spoonman since he showed us by saying he wouldn't post in this thread anymore: 3

I'm putting the over/under at 8-1/2[/QUOTE]

17. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    I wonder how many of you guys ragging on spoonman claim to be christian......

18. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooooh! Ooooh! ME!!!!!!

19. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do.

What of it?

20. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    That wasn't aimed so much at you but now that you ask....

Genuine question - how do you square your willingness to kill a burglar with "thou shalt not murder"?

21. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love it when people who know next to nothing about the Christian faith use some kind of second-grade level logic to pick and choose a few words of scripture here and there to triumphantly challenge the faith of people who have spent decades pondering the message.

The level of arrogance that requires just astonishes me.

22. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I love it when people who know next to nothing about The Netherlands use some kind of second-grade level logic to pick and choose a few completely misinterpreted issues here and there to triumphantly challenge the culture and history of people who have spent decennia living there.

The level of arrogance that requires just astonishes me.

23. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    It's not murder. It's self-defense.

Now please explain how killing in self defense is wrong but killing an innocent unborn baby is a woman's right.

24. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    As I would find breathtaking the arrogance in dismissing what is a perfectly valid question.

25. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Can you clarify where that distinction is made in the Bible for me? Considering murder is one of the Ten Commandments I'd have thought self-defence via a Tazer or some other non-lethal device would be more aligned to christian teachings.

Extrapolate much? At what point did abortion become relevant to this discussion? A number of people on here have expressed a willingness to arm themselves with a weapon which offers the highest potential for killing a burglar - considering how "murder" is a cardinal sin then how does this attitude fit with those who practice christianity?

I'm asking a genuine question here - I haven't demonstrated one single intent to troll, offend, use inflamatory language etc. I'm genuinely interested in a straight answer......