NSR: Give me your rested, your rich, privileged White Colombians yearning to post in soccer forums...

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by dapip, Oct 18, 2018.

?

My parents/grandparents/great great great grandparents arrived:

1. They were here when Columbus got lost and hit America

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. They arrived in the Mayflower

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. They came shackled and got to work in plantations at the sound of a whip

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They arrived through Ellis Island between 1830 and 1950

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. They came here as a result of _______________ crisis

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  6. I'm the first one to move here from my country.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

dapip repped this.
  2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  3. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1. Theres plenty of room in this country, and studies show that immigration is good for the economy. Im not going to read through this entire thread, but why are you against it?

2. We already do, and it takes an eternity to get into this country LEGALLY. People wait years and years because of the current backlog. If we were to address that backlog, then maybe there would be less people fighting for their lives to get in “illegally”. In addition, the idea of a “wall” is stupid and insanely expensive. Besides, the majority of undocumented immigrants in the country are here because they flew into the country and overextended their visas (but no one wants to talk about that because a lot of those individuals are white or european)

3. In what sense are our own citizens not being treated as a priority? Immigrants even illegal ones have been shown to commit crime at a lower rate than US citizens. When it comes to jobs, i’m sorry but most immigrants who are new to the country are doing demanding labor for low wages, if they are taking your job then maybe you should do better for yourself?

4. Yes they should, but when it bans immigrants based on their religion or nationality, it directly contradicts what this nation has stood for and was built upon.

5. People are bent out of shape because the current regime has empowered extreme white nationalists and have failed to denounce them. Hate crime from right wing extremists have jumped significantly since the orange guy came into office. So yes its a problem.

6. Everyone is entitled to express their beliefs, but that doesnt mean their beliefs aren’t ignorant or morally insensitive.

sidspaceman and dapip repped this.
  4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

sidspaceman repped this.
  5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    BlueDamian and dapip repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #456 HomietheClown, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    I thank you for taking the time to answer these important questions. In order to have a discussion we must be open to answer difficult questions and evaluate things rationally. I know for many here it is very difficult to have a conversation without emotional attachment (especially when it comes to this topic) but conversations and debates are not supposed to be about emotions. They are supposed to be about rational thoughts and policies.

Now on to my responses:

1) I am not against immigration. In fact, I think most people love immigration except for a small amount of people who are just plain ignorant & prejudiced. My father is an immigrant and I am blessed that he came to the United States. . What I am against (and millions of people are against) is illegally crossing the border or over -staying visas or undocumented immigrants since people love that term.
    And as has been talked about I am also against companies that take advantage of immigrants and are part of the problem and not the solution.

There are Billions of people on this planet who would love to come into this country from all corners of the globe. How many of them do we take in and what are the standards? Why should immigrants close to our border have priority over someone from Africa or from Asia who is also looking to have a better life who also wants to come here and not face persecution etc, etc. and is LEGALLY following the processes.
    I am calling for more legal immigration and a cleaning up of the system.

2) I never said anything about a wall in my second question so that is irrelevant.
    My question is how do we properly vet and screen illegal immigrants that are coming in by the droves when we are not properly doing it now. We have to screen them for illnesses and immunizations and such (Something we talked about on the first few pages) and that is clearly not happening in an organized fashion (Colombia is also having this problem as Baal addressed with Venezuelan immigrants.).
    Also there's some criminal activities that are happening on the border and by people taking advantage of the immigrants they are smuggling here. For instance Statistics have revealed that more than a third of women who cross the border illegally are raped. or worse.
    The more people we allow in the harder it is to screen who is coming in for good purposes, who is coming in for illegal actives, and who has diseases that can harm the general population etc.
    Yes a vast majority of immigrants are good for the population and are nice people but that is irrelevant. We have to figure out a way to do it vigilantly and methodically allow millions of people in simultaneously. I think we all here can agree that there has to be reform and the system is not working optimally.

3) The United States Government and Constitution's first priority is to its very own citizens and the protection of their rights. Securing the border and making sure that we properly bring in the right amount of people in an organized fashion is for the benefit of all.
    As ex-President Obama so eloquently stated when he was in office "Elections have consequences".
    30 of the 50 States clearly voted for a President who ran on a stricter immigration policy and appeared to have an iron fisted policy against illegal immigrants.
    The President was one of the only candidates on both sides of the electoral aisle who focused on illegal immigration as a key point to his victory and continued debates on how we should be trying to fix the problem.
    The American people have spoken and we all here agree that the system needs to be fixed as I alluded to before.

Personally, I think there are some people who come to the United States who think they have US rights just by being here and that is not the way it goes. You do not have the right to just come here and be here. You do not have the same rights as a USA citizen. You do not have the right to work in the USA (And as I said, Companies have to be held accountable too not just immigrants that come here illegally or stay here illegally.)
    Also I think it is very naive of you to just say -"if they are taking your job then maybe you should do better for yourself?"
    In many cities and in many cases African Americans are losing their job or not being hired for the plain and simple reason they are African American and do not know how to speak Spanish. Are you going to go up to those people and say "Hey learn how to speak Spanish and do a better job?"
    It is not as easy as you portray it to be.

4) No one is talking about Religion. I never once brought up religion in this thread when pertaining to illegal immigration. And it must be clear that there is no legislation or executive order that bans anyone's legal immigration based on religion.
    That is one of the many fallacies in this thread being propagated.

5)There is no tangible proof that the current regime has emboldened White Nationalists. That is just another myth being circulated by people on the left and wacko civil rights activists.

Let's get real here. There has always been prejudices and people. There has always been evil people and sinful people in general. These evil people will be emboldened by a White President a Black President a Purple President a Green President or a Hologram President. Evil always finds a way to embolden itself because evil people focus on doing evil no matter who the is president is.

You think that prejudice people are going to magically just go away if Trump were not president?

And let's say there is some tangible proof that this regime is emboldening White Nationalists (I have yet to have seen it but for sake of argument.)
    It is stupid and just plain wrong logically to say that Trump and his cabinet are emboldening white supremacy.

It would be like someone saying hey, the Books and Internet allows white supremacists to gather together their thoughts and ideas and circulate their vile and ignorant ways of thinking.
    That means Books and the Internet must be stopped and ended forever and is evil for emboldening those types of people!!!

The argument just does not hold water.

6) Exactly.
    Everyone has the right to say their beliefs even people you disagree with. Even if you think it emboldens evil people or weird conspiracies. Even if it is considered "Hate Speech" which has no legal definition in the United States.
    People who are USA citizens have the right to talk and they have the right to vote for what they think is right and what they believe is going to be best for the Nation and the American Culture.

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

sidspaceman repped this.
  8. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1064382586905026560 is not a valid tweet id

sidspaceman repped this.
  9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But her emails...

sidspaceman repped this.
  10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The troops deployment was not about the election...

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/19/troops-us-mexico-border-come-home-1005510

The 5,800 troops who were rushed to the southwest border amid President Donald Trump’s pre-election warnings about a refugee caravan will start coming home as early as this week — just as some of those migrants are beginning to arrive.

Democrats and Republicans have criticized the deployment as a ploy by the president to use active-duty military forces as a prop to try to stem Republican losses in this month’s midterm elections.

What a joke...

sidspaceman repped this.
  11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

sidspaceman repped this.
  12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Now we're in the same bed with tyrants and dictators:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/...ship-khashoggi-fallout-says-source-1684431379

Saudi Arabia's king and crown prince are shielding themselves from the Jamal Khashoggi murder scandal by using a roadmap drawn up by the US secretary of state, a senior Saudi source has told Middle East Eye.

Mike Pompeo delivered the plan in person during a meeting with Saudi King Salman and his son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, last month in Riyadh, said the source, who is familiar with Pompeo's talks with the Saudi leaders.

The plan includes an option to pin the Saudi journalist’s murder on an innocent member of the ruling al-Saud family in order to insulate those at the very top, the source told MEE.

sidspaceman repped this.
  13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When someone tells you “the majority of the states support X Policy”....

sidspaceman repped this.
  14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

BlueDamian repped this.
  15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

dapip repped this.
  16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

dapip repped this.
  18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The White Nationalists Party sustained heavy loses....

1064258966509641728 is not a valid tweet id

sidspaceman repped this.
  19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1064994074158137345 is not a valid tweet id

dapip repped this.
  21. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

sidspaceman repped this.
  22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    BlueDamian and sidspaceman repped this.
  23. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    American Politics is severely complicated. US has a social responsibility with other countries, just as much as they love to Police the WORLD with its massive Military expenses.

I'm not a fan of the new NAFTA agreement, and I believe in order to prevent illegal immigration focusing a budget on building a wall is silly. I think we need to help countries be more economical sustainable, improve education on those countries to give a less a reason to leave out of desperation.

24. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota