Give A Cheer, It's Yanks Abroad (06/07 Edition)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I heard from Haynes' agent today and he says he's not a Yank, so I'm closing the book on this one.

2. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Isn't that more acknowledgement than US Soccer gives to Jay DeMerit ;)

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Just a quick note for the record... Transfermarkt lists Mike Randolph as being with a lower-division German club, but the birthdate listed as the same as for the guy with the Galaxy and it appears he is still in LA. Plus, he's not actually listed by the club named. So, I'm guessing it's some kind of error but will watch for more.

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    A little something for the former YA file:

After graduation from Chaminade High School, Italo Zanzi received a bachelor's from Chicago and played professional soccer in Chile. He then studied law and business management at Emory University, where he also took up handball.​

Link:
    http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...7,0,245064.story?coll=ny-uspolitics-headlines

He was born in the States. Don't yet know where he played in Chile.

5. fusion101

fusion101 Member

Jan 11, 2002
    I read about Romario going to Adelaide United FC for a few games, so I went to their website and surprising learned a young yank is on their books. His name is Bruce Djite, born in DC in 1987. Looks like he hasn't seen any first team action.

6. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tons of props for compiling the the list. That is AWESOME!!

However, I do have 1 note: isn't Spector playing for West Ham, and not Charlton? I don't know if it is loan deal of not, but he is NOT playing for Charlton.

7. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

there was a thread about him about a month ago

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407066&highlight=djite

8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Former U-17 pool player and St. Mirren trialist Livio Gross, a 1982, appears to have played with FC Goldstern in Switzerland during the first half of the 04/05 season.

Not sure what he's up to now or what he was doing before, though I believe he was going to college in Scotland for a while before, apparently, returning to Switzerland (where he was based).

9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Just a quick update on a name that had been mentioned here in the past at some point. An old article on Reading's web site mentions an American trialist at the goalkeeper position named "Philp LaMerre." This is actually "Phillip Lamarre," a freshman who has played and started in every match of the season so far for Florida Atlantic U.

College bio:
    http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/lamarre_phillip00.html

10. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  11. SWIMMER

SWIMMER New Member

Oct 14, 2004
  12. SoccerFanatic1012

SoccerFanatic1012 New Member

Jul 28, 2006
    New York
    What's the story with Michael Dal Pra? He was on Udinese's Primavera squad last year, but I see no mention of him on the Primavera squad or the first team this year... is he still at Udinese or has he moved on? If he's moved on, does anyone know where?

13. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I got a bit more information from this from Zanzi's campaign (he is running for Congress in New York): A goalkeeper, he apparently played for Club Deportivo Lo Barnechea in 1996. If he is elected, would Zanzi be the first Yank Abroad to be elected to Congress? Let me check my records...

14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Thank you for this... But I don't see any mention of Reisinger on that page...

15. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Stanford alum Andy Hemmerich of California played for Western Suburbs in New Zealand back in 2001.

16. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might as well mention him in this thread too.

Bryan Gerzicich, midfielder, born in '84 in Los Angeles, playing for Arsenal de Sarandí in the Argentine first division. Two first-team appearances off the bench last season, no appearances this season though he is apparently injured.

17. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I think I had lost track of Bray Wanderers GK Pat Hannigan; seems he's now with the indoor Philadelphia Kixx. That club also features former Honduras-based YA David Castellanos.

18. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  19. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    MY bad:rolleyes:

20. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
  21. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He doesn't play for Udinese anymore but no one knows his whereabouts:

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php?mode=extratime&id=2386

this article confirms he isn't with Udinese.

23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Ryan Suarez won't return to the Whitecaps next season. It's not clear where he will be playing, or if he'll be playing at all:

Suarez says he'll consider playing next season for the California Victory, a USL First Division expansion team based out of San Francisco, but he does already have plenty of other duties. Besides his family and coaching various soccer camps, Suarez is trying to help Roseville put together a soccer program like the Whitecaps.​

Link:
    http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=ff6e36b1-be74-4533-90d8-c44048a08063&k=21130

24. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    A name to watch? Here's a story on Robbie McLarney:

Hard work opened the door to the world for the 5-foot-10, 190-pound soccer phenom who quickly advanced from backyard scrimmages to elite state, regional and national play. Once Londonderry's season ended last fall, he was invited to spend a couple of weeks working out with Newcastle United of England's Premier League. ​

Link:
    http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=25bd2085-6eb8-4e2f-be2a-87d718013dd8