Giuly enjoying life at Barça

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Catfish, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. LarsSon

LarsSon New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sweden
    Am I he only one to say I like Guily. He is unfortunate to not score more goal than he does and i like how he give a 99% for everyone no matter who he plays. Don't sell Guily, he is a patient good old man and he'll be useful. :) As long as he's having someone to compete against. Goooooo larssson!!!!!!Catalonians will always cheer for Larsson but Guily isnt that far behind. :D

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Giuly, it is just that he has never replicated his top form from Monaco, which is disappointing. He was great for them.

4. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Poor Giuly calling him old man good thing he doesnt read BS;) He gives it his all but he misses a lot of easy goals grrr.

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You hit the nail on the head. Giuly was excellent for them and ever since he was hurt during the CL Final a few years ago, I don't think he has ever fully recovered. You can tell he is talented, but just not the same.

6. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but he's still an asset. In the biggest games I'd rather have Messi on the field, but against the Mallorcas of the world Giuly is more than good enough. Having a player of his quality to bring off the bench and even start against some of the weaker teams is ideal for keeping Barca's stars fresh. Same goes for Larsson and Santi.

7. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    True, it is good that we have such a quality player who is patient enough and can add depth from the bench. He is working hard and hopefully he can help us with more goals. Monaco and Galatasary wanted him but he believed in us and optted to stay. Good for us and great for him. Is he one a 4-5 year contract?

8. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's out of contract in July 2007. I'm hoping he plays out the whole thing with Barca, allowing Messi time to develop into a full-time starter rather than having to rush him into the role.