Ghana vs Saudi Arabia -12 September

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by MaRoC-2007, Sep 4, 2007.

1. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ghana announce friendly fixtures

9/3/2007

The Ghana Football Association today announced that the senior national team, the Black Stars would be engaged in two separate friendly games this September.

As the rest of the world break the various leagues to allow for continental qualifiers, Ghana being host of next year’s African Cup of Nations are spared the qualifying campaign as the FA utilizes the days made available on the calendar.

Ghana, on Saturday begin the first of the two arranged matches in the French town of Rouen where the Black Stars play Morocco’s Atlas Lions.

Four days later, Ghana would round up the friendly series with a game against Saudi Arabia in Riyadh.

Ghana’s meet with the two nation’s forms part of the Black Stars preparations towards next year’s African Cup of Nations in 2008. The Black Stars last month drew 1-1 with Senegal in a similar exercise in London.

Ghana, by virtue of being host of the 2008 African Cup of Nations finals would not be playing any competitive match until January 2008, when the tournament kicks off in Accra.

http://www.ghanafa.org/news/read.asp?contentid=2182

Ghana vs Morocco - 8 Sept
    Ghana vs Saudi Arabai - 12 Sept

It hasn't been cancelled :p

2. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Good news, it will be even better if we face their A Team. I hope so. Our squad is the same, with shalhoub back. Also Saleh Basheer. While Waleed Abdullah wasn't added because he is with the Olympic NT, and so is Majed AlAmry. Good thing by Angos, we finally see a similar squad to a previous squad.

3. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    I wish you good luck :) we will face them too on 8 Sept

4. A.H.M

A.H.M Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    The Ghana squad.

Goalkeepers: Richard Kingson (Birmingham City, England), Isaac Amoako (Asante Kotoko, Ghana) Isaac Ackon (Gamba All Blacks, Ghana)

Defenders: John Paintsil (West Ham, England), Nana Akwasi Asare (KV Mechelen, Belgium), Illiasu Alhassan (Saturn, Russia), Francis Dickoh (FC Utrecht, Holland),

Midfielders: Michael Essien (Chelsea, England) Laryea Kingston (Hearts, Scotland) Sulley Muntari (Portsmouth, England), Andre Ayew ( Olympique Marseille, France), Eric Addo (PSV Eindhoven, Holland), Ahmed Barusso (AS Roma, Italy), Anthony Annan (IK Start, Norway)

Strikers: Junior Agogo (Nottingham Forest, England), Asamoah Gyan (Udinese, Italy) Joe Tex Frimpong (BSC Young Boys, Switzerland) and Moses Sakyi (Estrela Amadora, Portugal), Nafiu Iddrissu (Asec, Ivory Coast), Prince Tagoe (Al Shabbab, UAE) Matthew Amoah (NEC Breda, Holland)

-----------------

They're missing Stephen Appiah, but that is still a very good squad.

Our players are going to have to do well to keep out the likes of Essien, Muntari, Addo and Gyan.

Will be a good test for the Saudi players and I hope we can do well.

5. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    I seriously think Saudi Arabia will lose 3-1 like they did last time they played with Ghana

6. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    RIYADH: AFC Asian Cup 2007™ runners-up Saudi Arabia will face Ghana in a friendly match to be held here at the King Fahad Stadium on September 11, announced the Saudi Arabia Football Federation (SAFF).

The match will be part of the team’s preparation for future commitments. Saudi Arabia’s Brazilian coach Hélio dos Anjos has called up 24 players mostly from the AFC Asian Cup™ squad to join a five-day training camp to be held in the Saudi capital from September 6.

Mohammed Al Shalhoub, who missed the continent’s showpiece event due to injury, have been recalled for the first time by Anjos with Jamaan Al Jamaan and Saleh Basheer.

Saudi Arabia lost to Iraq 1-0 the final of AFC Asian Cup 2007™ in Jakarta in July.

The squad: Yasser Al Mosailem, Assaf Al Garni, Ahmed Al Bahari, Ibrahim Hazzazi, Kamil Al Mousa, Talal Al Khaibrai, Redha Tukar, Walid Abdrabh, Osama Hawsawi, Jamaan Al Jamaan, Omar Al Ghamdi, Khaled Aziz, Taiseer Al Jassam, Saud Khariri, Abdoh Autef, Ahmed Al Mousa, Mohammed Al Shalhoub, Abdulrahman Al Qahtani, Ahmed Darwesh, Yasser Al Qahtani, Malek Maaz, Saad Al Harthi, Nassir Al Shamrani, Saleh Basheer.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=9065

7. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Prince Tagoe is with Ittifaq Saudi Arabia btw, but tough squad, good test for our team.

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Khaled Aziz left the training camp on Saturday, and only returned later at night, with asking. He has been asked for the reason, and they will decide today if he will be stopped or not. Malek Mouath is expected not to play due to injury/exhaustion, and Saed AlHarthi will start instead. Omar AlGhamdi should come in for Khaled Aziz, while the rest should be similar to the Asian Cup lineup. 8:30 PM Saudi time wednesday, King Fahd Stadium.

9. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    According to major Saudi sport newspapers, its on September 11, Tuesday, tommorow at 8:30 PM Saudi time, 5:30 GMT. Don't know why its been mentioned all over the net on September 12.

10. bigpete

bigpete New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Atlanta
    do you guys have any links to watch the game?

11. bigpete

bigpete New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Atlanta
    It says 12th on the FIFA site.

http://fifa.com/worldfootball/results/male.html

12. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Its wrong...FIFA take some time to update...its going to be 11 Sept...changed from 12 to 11 thats why FIFA still have the old date....Goalzz.com

13. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    FIFA is wrong, its tonight and I'm sure about it. The press conference before the game was yesterday. Malak Mouath will not play, and so will Khaled Aziz. The rest should be similar to the Asian Cup lineup, with many substitutes in the second half.

14. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Exactly...and also its written 11th on the Ghana website

15. muzzamil

muzzamil Member

Dec 10, 2005
    chicago, il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what time is the game?
    what channel is it being broad casted on ?

16. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    They are playing now. Saudi Arabia leading 2-0 after 35 mins

Art Sport 2 is broadcasting the match

17. Adnano

Adnano New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    wish i was in saudi for this game! canada doesn't show these games at all. good to see saudi kickin ghana's ass!!!

18. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    My god just watched the first half! What a performance by the Saudi team, watching this match is like watching a bloody world cup game. Both sides are throwing themselves into challenges and the tempo has been unreal!

Saudi have played some amazing football and Yassir Al Qahtani has been terrific. I hope they keep this up in the second half. Asian football is being represented well tonight (so far) :D

19. muzzamil

muzzamil Member

Dec 10, 2005
    chicago, il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    whats the update guys???
    video updates will be appreciated.

20. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Saudi Arabia - Ghana 5-0 FT :eek:

Saudi Arabia thrashed Ghana 5-0 in a friendly match at the King Fahad Stadium on Tuesday, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
    Yasser Al-Qahtani scored the first goal as early as the fifth minute as a result of a mistake by Captain Michael Essien.

Saud Kearairi scored the second goal in the 25 minute Three second half goals - from Yasser Al-Qahtani and two penalties taken by Saad Al-harthi(57') and Redha Tukar Fallatah (92') added to Ghana's woes.

This Ghana's worst defeat since losing 6-1 to Germany in the early 90s more details later

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/soccer/artikel.php?ID=130468

21. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    Apologies for not providing updates. What can I say the second half was as good as the first.

Mabrook to Saudi they really were in a class of their own tonight. Shame a couple of the players got some serious looking injuries. The Ghana players had some horrible challenges especially Essien. I think the guy is talented but his challenges bring his game was down.

Al Qahtani scored a screamer of a third goal. I hope someone uploads the goals for all to see as I won't be able to.

Final Score: 5-0 Saudi :D

22. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I wish Saudi Arabia was in the world cup right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.................

Can anyone upload the entire match?

And MaRoC-2007, pls shut the @#$% up.

23. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    this new young team is on a DIFFERENT LEVEL than the 2002-2006 saudi team. had the main saudi team played in asian cup 2007 i doubt they would make it out of group stages based on their poor 2002-2006 results but then suddenly all of these new players come out of nowhere and make it to the asian cup finals. none of the old starters should be invited back because these new players are 10 times better than them.

24. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
  25. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    WoW...i was happy to see an Arab country win like this...:) any1 have a video