Getting the banned back together: The Chelsea Transfer Ban

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Feb 22, 2019.

1. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well ********... no CL for a little bit on the horizon.

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We lost our appeal. On to CAS.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    What's a partial uphold?

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Personally I'd argue that FIFA has it out for us but I'm not a lawyer.

We can still sign under 16 players long as we cross ts and dot Is.

5. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The exact same thing we got banned for[emoji1787] What a joke!

truefan420 repped this.
  6. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    My favorite part is that after receiving a transfer ban for our dealings with youth players, the only players we’re allowed to sign are...youth players.

lobomojo and truefan420 repped this.
  7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In all likelihood, CAS will stay the ban until they do their research and issue their ruling They could very well uphold the ban, but by then, if we're smart, we've already bought in the players we need this summer.

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isnt that a trip tho, we’re banned because of breaking transfer rules for signing players under 18. The ban says we can’t sign adults but are ok to still sign youth. What a joke.

9. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think the club is too bothered anyways. It is not like they want to splurge. More bonuses for them.

10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I agree. It's not like we have bids lined up for Mbappe and Milinkovic-Salic and Icardi and Verratti and Jose Gaya and Varane.

I think we'll target Charlie Adam and maybe Jack Grealish.

11. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Great to see Ole Solskjaer's Cardiff come good :D

lobomojo and Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  12. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Are you allowed to get players on free or loan?

13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I believe the wording of the ban is such that we cannot register any new players so that would include frees and loans.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  14. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yea "transfer" ban is a misnomer. it's actually enforced as a "registration" ban. so any loaned player could come back obviously and it's why the pulisic business was rather astute and well timed.

15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Barcelona makes request in April 2014: Granted by FIFA AC

Real Madrid makes request in January 2016: Granted by FIFA AC

Atletico Madrid makes request in January 2016: Granted by FIFA AC

Chelsea makes request in March 2019: Denied by FIFA AC

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  16. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s a little dicey if you ask me but we may just be the precedent of how FIFA is changing. If the rest from here on out are denied then while it sucks to be the first I’m more ok with it. I’m I’m not ok with at all is them saying no but not providing it in writing yet so that we can’t officially appeal. That’s some straight BS.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So the latest seems to be we are so concerned about the precedent of not having the ban overturned we are further worried about a precedent of having the ban extended if we appeal as punishment for appealling!!

So get used to not having the ban lifted which quite a few have already assumed to be the case to preserve their sanity and keep hopes grounded.

18. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just add to this...

"However, while Chelsea's breaches concern the cases of 29 minors, the cases of the Spanish clubs involved many more players. In the case of Barcelona, 31 minors were investigated and Real Madrid's case saw the investigation of 70 minors. However, Atletico's breaches involved more than double the Clasico pair combined, with 221 investigations.
    Each of the cases involving the Spanish clubs took a number of years to be completed. From start to finish, Barcelona's case concluded in two years, Atletico's lasted just over three years and Real's was approaching four years."

19. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Telegraph basically repeats KDB's breaking news, we finally got written reasons, we have appealed the overall decision, but we have not indicated we have or will appeal for a stay of the ban out of fear they will punish us an extra widow for trying to delay the start, gotta love European Sports' Justice.

I'd still appeal if we think we get this summer out of it, would just mean an extra, semi-useless winter ban

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...art-transfer-ban-summer-fears-will-increased/

"An appeal has been made to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but there has not yet been confirmation of an application being made for the ban to be frozen in the meantime.

The feeling around Stamford Bridge is growing that Chelsea are likely to start serving their ban this summer, regardless of when they find out the result of their appeal to CAS.

Chelsea are refusing to comment on the situation, but sources claim that there is a real fear the ban might be extended to three transfer windows if they lose their appeal and are judged to have tried to delay it.'
    "

20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  21. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    precisely

23. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    wow, so not only are we going to be the first club actually on the hook to start their ban on time (double standard) we'll be the first club threatened with an extension for appealing to delay, so what's that, a triple standard? or is it like a double double standard?

i'm sorry but weren't the other clubs appeals EXACTLY that? a delay tactic? i mean that's obviously what was going on the whole time.

lobomojo repped this.
  24. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Time for FIFA and Uefa to be disbanded imho.

stanger, Wrath and lobomojo repped this.
  25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    2-9 months is the previous on the time it takes CAS to rule, we will have served the bans by then even if we win or get it down to 1. Still confused as to why we don't try for a stay, even if we get an extra-window ban, it will probably be an extra winter ban and we could easily make up for that this summer. But they are smart people and know more what is going on so...

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-ban-appeal-cas-16243342