Getting rid of Casual Culture books for free*

Discussion in 'Books' started by Eggy, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I have about a dozen books that I am getting rid of. Mostly paperback and all related to hooligan stuff and casual culture. Authors include Dougie Brimson, Cass Pennant, etc. The only condition is that you pay for shipping. I have a scale and can estimate costs before they ship.

If you want a complete list I ca do that.

PM me if interested.

2. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This might be a stupid question but what does "casual culture" mean in this context?

3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm going to guess that it refers to the "casuals," who are often paired with hoolies. From what I can tell, though, the casuals tend to be more into fashion than violence.

And lo and behold... some of them even have a website...

http://www.footballcasual.com/

I think this says it all...

Welcome to FootballCasual.com - the site dedicated to the fashion of football. We are obsessed with the aesthetics and the trends which have been around on the terraces throughout the decades.​

They also say they don't promote violence... wonder if that means, "hey, but if some aggro happens..."

4. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I would say casual culture is the subculture that goes along with people who commit violent acts at matches. The clothing, music, hairstyles you name it.