Getting around Russia

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Simon Overall, Oct 2, 2017.

1. dbianchin

dbianchin New Member

Corinthians
    Brazil
    Oct 26, 2017
    can i book free train tickets for games that i did'nt have in my account? Example: If i buy a ticket or swap with a forum's friend, that will be a problem?

2. Ahmed8888

Ahmed8888 New Member

Arsenal
    Egypt
    Nov 17, 2017
    I am coming to moscow during the world cup period 14/6/2018 @ 8 pm and am staying in a small hotel in moscow but they informed us they wont be able to do the registration for us because they have few employees .. and i am following Egypt so i have to take a domestic flight to yekatinburg on 15/6 .. so i need to know if i can do the registration in yekatinburg although my hotel is in moscow and what are the working hours of migration offices during world cup .i heared its g0nna be 24/7 ..soo anyone know any trusted info abt that ? . thanks

3. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Don´t know...one russian told me to register within 24h...the other one told me not to bother because immigration won´t.
    I´m in the last quater..If someone checks oyo out play dumd tourist.

I hate the draw...can´t get back to Sweden..as selfemployed it stinks a bit..but there is just too much miles to go.

Been on WC 2018 since 2015,,just don´t know what to do really.checking flights and sites..nothing is working out..don´t know what to do.

I was really looking forward to this....it´s all gone all little bit sour.The distances is enourmous.

I am a little bit sad.

4. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    What the fekk is I´m supposed to do here?
    Allright,Nizhny I will fix on my own..but then what?
    Nizhny to Sochi is an awful many miles..isn´t it.
    Allright.everythings well at blck sea coast after SWEDEN beats Germany..and then what?
    A trip to Siberia....that´s what.
    I don´t know what to do...obviously free trains is out of the equation.
    I hate flying..I am always scared.
    Fekk this..feekkk beating gli azzurri.I am probably not made for this.

5. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Brother, put down the pipe! you have plenty time to plan. There are sleeper trains, there are buses. maybe get together with fellow country men and ride it out caravan/bus type. You still have plenty of time @Wolves1889. Group hug!

themanlarry repped this.
  6. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Thank you brother from the city of brotherly love..if you´re Philly.
    I am a big Boxing fan and as such Philly`s always there.

I´ll work it out.The rich mans problemos...it is nothing in the scape of things..:)

7. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    exactly. are you just following your nation? and yeah I'm Philly based. I was looking into trains today. lots of varied options, and you have time between games. What are your destinations? Maybe some of the Russian based members can give you some advise.

8. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    No worries,Buddha...I´ll be allright.I´m always is in a Jerry Seinfeldt kinda way..:)..or perhaps Kramer.
    I´ll figure it out in a decent way in the end..I`m sure.
    If not,,I`ll be back here asking silly questions I`m sure..:)

All Marvelous Marvins defeats were Vegas decisons.

9. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Right now more like George, festivus is coming.

Stuckin1au and Chiyakkutan repped this.
  10. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Haha..Festivus!Personally I like when George is acting as the latex man Van der lay the most.It is hirralious..or how you spell it.

Loved all over the world..were is the next great american comedy..or comedian?
    We need him/her up here in Sweden.The world as well.

We are all due a heartfelt laugh I recon.

themanlarry repped this.
  11. vamoBrasil

vamoBrasil Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    What are my options to go from Samara to Kazan?

12. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I'm looking at that too and honestly, it's tough. I'm probably just gonna take a flight because the train appears to be 15 hours long. I'm hold off on buying flights for a few months as they will likely be adding more flights.

The only Brazil games that are feasible to go by train are between Moscow and St Petersburg.

13. SebastianR

SebastianR New Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Nov 3, 2017
    Check, if not already late, http://www.secretflying.com/posts/fifa-world-cup-2018-london-uk-moscow-russia-166-roundtrip/ and book NOW

rafael_mia repped this.
  14. heysoph9

heysoph9 Member

Bayern München
    Australia
    Oct 10, 2017
    I'm thinking of driving that one - or hiring a driver/taxi - it's only 5 hours or so, and there should be plenty of fans doing the route to split the far with.

The one I'm scratching my head with is Samara to Sochi.. flights are hella expensive because they aren't direct (through Moscow)...
    Does any one know if there are more flight routes that are going to be launched soon/later?

15. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I've been looking at that route too (and all the other Australia group game routes). Right now the best I've seen are flights for AU$200-300 that go via Moscow.

According to Fox Sports "...organisers have promised to add extra direct flights for the tournament" (https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...k/news-story/f92d99de294dd7f48197eec43540a8fe). But I've got no idea when or if that's definitely happening though. I'm not sure who the "organisers" are

16. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hit me up if you need some help!

I work for a travel company.

themanlarry repped this.
  17. MishMish

MishMish New Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Nov 16, 2017
    I have looked at the travel between the cities and it is a nightmare!

We will be following 2 countries - Australia & Egypt and the issue is:

Egypt plays in Ekaterinburg on 15/6 at 5PM and then Australia in Kazan on 16/6 at 1PM. I have looked at the flights and there is only one possible one to take and it is about $650AUD per person .... that is insane!!

Then we have Egypt playing in Volgograd on 25/6 and Australia in Sochi in 26/6 both at 5PM - atleast that one gives you a bit more time however that doesn't help as the flights don't give you enough time after the game and the 26/6 they would arrive too late.

What to do? Any suggestions?

You would think that they would make more flights available and direct flights at that for people who want to go to other cities during the world cup. I feel this is going to be a nightmare.

18. dbianchin

dbianchin New Member

Corinthians
    Brazil
    Oct 26, 2017
  19. Mrmagu

Mrmagu Member

Corinthians
    Brazil
    Nov 14, 2017
    Please is the Utair company reliable for Russian internal flights?
    I can see the problem in Kazan Samara flight between the quarter final matches. I think I will buy the expensive flight in Saturday morning July 7th with stopover in Moscow. I’m traveling with my wife and I don’t want to risk.

20. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Are the trains really that slow? Google maps says 10 hours for Kazan to Saransk which is only 400km away. That's less than 50kph (30mph). Sounds ridiculously slow.

21. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    @Nick Kharchenko and @Felipao~ could you give me a primer on how to book through http://pass.rzd.ru/main-pass/public/en ?
    I tried doing a dry run just to see prices etc even though you can't book that far in advance but how do you put how many passengers are going? Usually or at least in the states you put down the info for train/flight i.e. dates and how many passengers but I'm not figuring out here. What is the process? Thank you for your time and info.

themanlarry repped this.
  22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got the flights, now a body is trying to see if he can get tickets for Mexico vs Germany in Moscow.

Shit getting from Sochi to Moscow and then back to Sochi may be the most expensive flight with in country for us.

themanlarry repped this.
  23. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Try this site: https://www.ufs-online.ru/en/kupit-zhd-bilety/kaliningrad/vilnyus

Better English interface.

You can book trains up to 60 days in advance, a 120-days limit promised for next year.

themanlarry repped this.
  24. rafael_mia

rafael_mia Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Hey @Nick Kharchenko , is the 120-days limit already confirmed? Do you have any idea when it will be available?

I’m afraid because I have a few games in Nizhny, but I’ll be based in Moscow, so it’s really important to book the trains that I need ASAP.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  25. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    themanlarry repped this.