Getting around Russia

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Simon Overall, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Nate Kurdurka

Nate Kurdurka Member

manU
    United States
    Jan 30, 2018
    Dammit, I think I checked all the trains that arrive for that match. What the hell FIFA....

2. Nate Kurdurka

Nate Kurdurka Member

manU
    United States
    Jan 30, 2018
    Yep, I just checked all 5 trains that are heading to Saransk for the Colombia/Japan match. All of them are giving me the same error about selecting seats. I have a hard time believing that all 5 trains are completely booked out already.

Are other people having trouble with free trains already being completely sold out?

I wonder if there is anyway to contact FIFA about this.

3. Ch107

Ch107 Member

Nacional
    Colombia
    Feb 27, 2018
    That sucks, o was going to try and apply today.. i havent received the link that they are supoosed to send you

4. Chiyakkutan

Chiyakkutan Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Hawai'i
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I believe they are all sold out. When I booked mine a week and a half ago, I had the last train and there were a dozen seats left, at best.

It’s just a matter if they will add more trains (they have said they won’t be, but you never know), or maybe some people will cancel their seats.

I know I am debating on just booking a first class ticket for the way back, as I doubt I will get any sleep on that train with all the celebrations going on. If I do buy one (depending on the cost), I will cancel my free seat.

5. Danny Ascencio

Fc Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 22, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do y’all know what might be the best route from Kaliningrad to Sochi also cheapest?
    Leaving Kalingrad the ( game 28 of June ) 29 of June because watching a game the 30 of June ?
    The only flight I seen was 197 Idk if that’s my best option ?

6. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Yep. The distances are huge and you don't have much time. I have checked around seven other airports you could commute to from Kaliningrad and still have time to fly to Sochi and they all are more expensive and/or require you to go through Moscow anyway. So if you are serious about those two games buy the flight as soon as possible (as there are only a few that have ideal times and aren't ridiculous prices yet!

7. Danny Ascencio

Fc Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 22, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for this, but yeah I have both tickets already. So that’s my best bet just going to end up booking the $197 flight, seen that was the best option.

8. Danny Ascencio

Fc Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 22, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys are some of y’all having the similar problem?
    This is really frustrating.
    Trying to book a train and it only has two seats left and it won’t let me.
    I try different browsers already, and insert the hard copy fan I’d number and also the one in my email.
    Don’t know what to do no more it won’t work.

Attached Files:

9. top.scorer

top.scorer Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Ok. Are you guys going to tell me that you "read and understood decree 421"?? When booking your train tickets?? :thumbsdown: Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 16.13.48.png

10. top.scorer

top.scorer Member

Mar 13, 2014
    It may have lost something in the translation, but I think the first line of the second paragraph says: "By contract U get 2 crates 16 bottles vodka for 7 hr journey in train No 108-03"

themanlarry repped this.
  11. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Anybody (Australian fans?) figured out how they are getting from Samara to Sochi yet?

12. heysoph9

heysoph9 Member

Bayern München
    Australia
    Oct 10, 2017
    I've got two plans at the moment
    1. Overnight train to Volgograd and spent and day there, then another overnight train to Sochi, arriving the day before the next aus game
    2. Very expensive flight (maybe not even direct) to sochi in order to get there for the Germany v Sweden match

Still looking for better ways to achieve the latter. When I looked a month ago, prices were alright for the direct flight, but I still haven't gotten tickets to the Ger v Sweden match so didn't book it .

13. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Hmmmm are you traveling alone? At the moment I'm open to just about anything that's reasonable priced between the Denmark and Peru games

14. FYI
    Got new tix in todays FCFS. Tried to book free train and hasn't been updated with new Ticker Request numbers.

Let me know if any of you guys were successful so that I can book.

themanlarry repped this.
  15. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Well I just booked a flight from Kazan to Moscow (after aus v fra) and from Moscow into Samara (for aus v den) for total $200aud on aeroflot. Nice to see not all airfares are ridiculous. Now to find tickets for Germany v Mexico and Poland v Senegal

themanlarry repped this.
  16. henriology

henriology Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Same issue for me before COL v JPN match...all 5 trains booked up...any shared car option? I won't be able to take the regular train as well as arrive Moscow around 9:30pm on 18th..

17. Danny Ascencio

Fc Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 22, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey do yall know if their is any update if you need a visa or not to travel by train to Kaliningrad?
    Don't mind taking the 20 hour train ride from Moscow, but just don't want to end up paying for a visa.
    thanks

18. keksonline

keksonline New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    #443 keksonline, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    There are no updates. For now you need a visa for Lithuania (EU/Schengen) and a visa for Belarus. The latter might become part of an agreement between Russia and Belarus.

19. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

Cheapest
    upload_2018-3-15_19-20-10.png
    Fastest
    upload_2018-3-15_19-21-22.png

That's what Jet Radar recommends me for your case: http://www.jetradar.com/searches/AMOW2104AKGD2404Y1?marker=149797

:-\

20. sart91

sart91 Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Feb 22, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Peruvian here, for the second and third matches (Ekaterinburg and Sochi) I found two $130 flights from Moscow in Aeroflot a couple of months ago.

It's just too far away to take a train and less than $300 was a reasonable price to get there.

21. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I booked a flight that goes via Moscow for about AU$200 (including checked baggage). Apart from the inconvenience of the Moscow stopover, I was pretty happy with that

22. Danny Ascencio

Fc Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 22, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was wondering before I book my flight.
    If i land in Moscow at 2 am in Sheremetyevo International Airport, would my only option to get to the city at that time, will be a taxi?
    If that’s the case I just book a flight for the following afternoon

23. Danny Ascencio

Fc Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 22, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. wilkfc

wilkfc New Member

Brisbane Roar
    Australia
    Mar 13, 2018
    Have you thought about a flight to Moscow and a (admittedly lengthy, like 16hr) train to Sochi. I got a flight between Samara and Moscow for as little as 75AUD with Aeroflot.

25. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Moscow to Sochi by train is 24-36 hours according to the free trains. So that's a solid no from me.

On what day and airline? That's a good price. I can find $72 from Samara back to Moscow, but then Moscow to Sochi is expensive, even more so if I want to depart from the same airport in Moscow