Getting a coaching license

Discussion in 'Coach' started by Ruben Rivas, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Madrid
    United States
    Apr 1, 2017
    Miami
    Hello;

I have so many questions, I’m in Miami right now, I think I have a D license but I haven’t coached in about 3 years, how do I check if is still valid?

I’m trying to get into coaching but I don’t even know where to start, I worked in Marketing but I hated my job. Thanks

2. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Check on USSF licenses by signing into the "digital coaching center" at ussoccer.com. It is under "coaching education." A D license doesn't expire.

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Ds have been administered on the state level so you might want to check with the state association where you obtained the license if it's not listed in the DCC.

rca2 repped this.
  4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I thought you were a reporter.

Licenses never expire. The person with it may become stale, but the license is always valid.

5. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    for the national ones, don't you need to complete a certain number of CEUs annually to keep your A or B license valid?

6. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Not sure about the B, but yes you are correct about the old A. I don't recall any of the B guys that I know having to go for re-education.

7. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Just the old A. When USSF redid the A course they suspended the annual Continuing Education requirement. I haven't heard anything about it being reinstated. Honestly, I suspect it was mostly justification to attend the annual conference to give employers.