Get your RSL jersey before they sell out!

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by the cup, Feb 25, 2005.

1. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    see attachment

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City

Maybe Spain is plotting something.... :D :D

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that some of those pictures (like Brenes and Rhyne) are of players that haven't been with the team for a few weeks. These must be pictures before their Portugal trip.

4. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    the red shirt plus yellow sholder lines and blue short is like Spanish NT.

5. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
  6. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Es-pah-nya!!!

OMFG I don't believe this... as if the copycat fever in MLS ain't enough...

RSL'S JERSEYS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE SPANISH NATIONAL TEAM!!!! BOTH OF THEM!!!!!

Look closely and compare. The white one with red and gold stripes... 100% same as Spain's NT 2nd!!!

Now I may not be from Utah but I'm HALF SPANISH and this... this... when MARCA gets a hold of these OMG LOL...

Simply pathetic. Up next New England becomes Tottenham, Galaxy becomes Celtic Glasgow... you know...

Welcome to Xeroxed League Soccer!!

7. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Re: Es-pah-nya!!!

Ya.... sure. You have paid attention to the game during the last decade? Nike does it's own lil' jersey design with little if any variation for a bunch of teams. Same with Kappa. Same with Addidas. That they one Addidas team has a similar jersey to another shouldn't be a suprise. And at that teams have simiar designs without the same company. Look at Osasuna and Nurnberg or Brentford and Saints.

Welcome to 21st century corporate design.

8. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    But prk...

THE DESIGNS MAY BE THE SAME BUT WITH SLIGHT VARIATIONS... (Osasuna & Nurnberg are differennt manufacturers BTW!!)

IN THIS CASE IT'S AN EXACT COPY WITH EVERYTHING THE SAME!! AND A SPANISH FLAG???

IT'S UTAH, NOT MADRID!! WTF???

THE JERSEY SAYS: WE ARE POSERS AND SPANISH WANNABES!!!

Sorry, but face it, your team prez is the king of LAME image marketing!!

SLC fans should be mad at Adidas for such lame lack of effort. Ya, let's use the overstock Spain jerseys, patch up the Real logo and there. No effort no nothing 'cause SLC to Adidas is insignificant.

Next thing people in SLC will scream not REAL but ES-PAN-YAH! during games :rolleyes:

9. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls

I've googled and googled and I just can't seem to find a pic of FC (Various)'s kit. At least have the nuts to step up and state who you support before coming into other forums and criticizing.:rolleyes:

10. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls

I'm 1/4 Dutch, I live in America and I just watched the Mexican NT play the other night. Can you see where I'm going with this??? There all essentially the same, just different colors.

11. Pmoliu

Pmoliu New Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Princeton, NJ

Yeah, yeah, the same, but different.

Don't eat all the cookies, Juan.....

Sorry, just caught up in my space..

Paul

12. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It appears the keeper jerseys will have the better logo?:

[​IMG]

First time I've seen one player wear a different logo/badge than the rest of team. Consider this: the jerseys the players wore for the commercial/unveiling/headshots were from the same batch that Aero was lucky enough to get his hands on, and are actually replicas. Maybe the keeper jerseys (since they never sell replicas of them) is the real deal (or a practice keeper jersey) and the team has yet to get their "game" jerseys.

Makes sense, doesn't it?

13. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City

Let me repeat myself...

Ya.... sure. You have paid attention to the game during the last decade? Nike does it's own lil' jersey design with little if any variation for a bunch of teams. Same with Kappa. Same with Addidas. That they one Addidas team has a similar jersey to another shouldn't be a suprise. And at that teams have simiar designs without the same company. Look at Osasuna and Nurnberg or Brentford and Saints.

Welcome to 21st century corporate design.

14. Bilbao2Brooklyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Brooklyn,U.S.A.
    I know it was posted before, but Checketts wasn't kidding when he meant, to paraphrase, a homage to Spain.

That said, it is a nice jersey.

15. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent post.

16. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, atleast the Away jersey doesn't really have a spanish flag on it.

17. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone notice how the jerseys look orange in the sunlight? I think the color looks kinda cool. I kinda wish they had gone with orange or green but the red does look kinda orange in the light.

I also like the fact that they decided to stick with the blue shorts for the away kit. I didn't like the idea of another all-white away kit.

I wonder if the socks pictured are the ones that will be worn on gameday. During the jersey unveiling the players were wearing blue adidas socks without the vertical white stripes which I liked a bit better.

18. Freddy Garcia Lives

Feb 28, 2003
    Tumwater, WA
    IIRC I thought it was stated that neither jersey actually has the flag of Spain on it, it was just in those pictures. But then again, what do I know, I have an homage to a player that didn't last two years in MLS as my chat name.

19. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano

That looks like late afternoon sun (setting) unlike the midday sun. They're skin looks orange too.

20. Papin

Papin BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 19, 1998
    le côté obscur
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so, to summarize:
    this year, the league is adding Spain (RSL) and Paraguay (Chivas).

as far as I can tell, the new RSL kits do not have the spanish flag on the sleeve (despite earlier photos).
    nor do they have the same red-yellow-red stripes on the white jerseys and the blue shorts. The actual RSL kits have all red stripes on away jersey and all gold stripes on the blue shorts.
    Basically, adidas just took Spain's color combo and altered the details to make it RSL's identity. I don't object to that, since those are some sharp kits. Hope we eventually get green, orange, and purple.
    but no more teal!!!!!

21. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paraguay? How so?

22. Papin

Papin BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 19, 1998
    le côté obscur
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just poking some fun at the whole jersey association thread.

paraguay's kits are the same design as chivas'... and atletico madrid's, for that matter.

23. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Doh! :)