Germany vs Poland [R]

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Smoga, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wc1974 third place game is the most prominent one

2. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany had quite a bit more quality chances than poland...if you apply the same standards to both sides' chances "3-2 either way" is not fair

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wanted to share this post!!!

4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe you should post that in the Ballack vs. Gerrard thread lol.

5. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A lot of Poland's shots on goals were speculative long range goals because they couldn't penetrate the defense and found it hard to keep possession for good moments at a time.

Germany was in control for most of the match even if the statistics don't show that directly. They played the game to their strengths, keep the ball moving and maintain preasure on the opponent. That said, Poland came to play and replied with their own direct way of playing which was surprisingly fluent and full spirited.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seriously thought about that one...cool stats, though, eh?

Dude, you Kumar and I look like DF's kids with our mini avatars while he's got the full-size.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely, credit to Poland for not sitting back but playing for the win.

8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It would be great if only a certain someone on that thread was sensible. Indeed great stats to show what a special player Ballack is. You won't find stats like that for many "big name" players.

We're all mini fingers. :D

9. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    I always get terribly confused now when reading the threads, because all your avatars are the same!

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jooooooooiiin uuussss......

[​IMG]

12. Sevryn45

Sevryn45 New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Although the score line may not reflect it, Poland did improve from 2006; back then we were pitiful today we attacked and had quite a few decent chances, we played to win even though we lost and there's nothing to be ashamed off.

I am not that impressed with Austria and Croatia, with Croatia being the bigger threat then Austria; i am optimistic about our next to games. I hope we get some luck, Ref today killed our chances hopefully we wont get the same type of calles against us in the next 2 matches.

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Explain

14. DefenseWinsCliche

DefenseWinsCliche New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    everywhereville, usa
    I want to. So how can I get it.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Download this to your hard-drive and then upload it up on your avatar preferences from wherever you downloaded it with the browse button.

[​IMG]

16. Sevryn45

Sevryn45 New Member

Jul 6, 2006

2 chances that Germany got was offside, they scored on 1 and Gomez missed the other one.

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wrong...the goal came from a correct onside play. ESPN did the whole digital virtual video thing, examined every angle and the verdict; it was legit.

The shot that Gomez missed would have been offside if Gomez had touched the ball...he didn't. If Klose had shot it himself, it would have been legit as well.

Now even though the calls on the abovementioned palys could have gone either way, how did the ref "kill" Poland's chances, as per you stated in your post?? What chances did Poland make that the ref did not accept and ruled against?

18. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol are we still talking about the 2 chances being offside? ??
    Its 1:30 am over here ... and i been watching this thread from the beginning and the only topics we discussed so far is
    1) poldi is polish not German
    2) the Poland attack wasn't offside and poldi first goal is
    3) Gomez missing the goal in the 4 minutes and how klose/gomez are idiots

Can we really stop talking about the above topic PLEASE!
    Final score ... Germany 2 Poland 0

19. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it wasn't the refs fault it was our back line... Leo shouldn't have tried implementing the offside-trap last minute this past week to try and catch Low off guard. if it worked then Leo would have been a hero, if it didn't then it would hurt us big time. Germany loves the through ball with their speed and we were exploited for it. that isn't the refs fault. that is Leo's, he gambled and took a chance and it failed miserably. BUT the good thing that i respect from him is he tried something new and out of the ordinary, and even though it failed he adjusted and Poland looked much better. now knowing what we do now we should sit much prettier going into matches with Austria and Croatia. Poland looked a lot better managed than in the past because Poland actually went down swinging in this match instead of playing 10 or even 11 behind the ball against a far superior side.

Zurawski and Golanski looked like crap. Lewandowski seemed a little bit off today with his aim, Krzynowek and Smolarek seemed a little unlucky. Lobo seemed to work his arse off on the right and looked pretty good. Roger came on and gave the German backline fits. Boruc wasn't tested much but did come through big time on the Ballack shot and he couldn't do much with the 2 goals (because 1st one he was hung out to dry by his backline failing to properly execute the offside trap, 2nd goal was just flat out sick laser-beam from within the 18). the player of the match FOR Poland I would have to say was Dudka because he was industrious and served good balls and played damn well defensively and showed instances of a Gattuso-like player all over the pitch running his arse off.

we now know after this match to...
    ---not use the offside trap again
    ---start Roger in the hole behind Smolarek instead of Zurawski

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I think that is the purpose of this thread...now jshut up, join us and change your avatar!! ;)

21. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol
    doing it now sir!

EDIT: Happy now?

22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    see as i quoted myself above, i have no problem with Germany winning because they deserved it. at first Leo's tactics hurt us big time. and then later on Germany just out-classed us... i do have a problem though with fellow Polish people that make up excuses or reasons of blame when it is entirely unnecessary. how many times do you have to hear the same bullshite? of course the match could have gone other ways... but did it? NO... so accept the fact we lost, plain and simple :cool:

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]
    Good, Good...Mua ha ha ha

Tomorrow DF is going to be like; WTF??? We need to get Gooner and Fraulein as well!!

24. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LoL
    I put it as my facebook and myspace profile picture too...

Go Germany!

25. grodada

grodada New Member

Jun 10, 2004
    the best game so far

Germany is as good as ever, I understand now why they're rated as top favorites for this tournament. I was really impressed by Fritz :eek:
    Poland did really well, I think they could advance to the quarters specially after watching Austria vs Croatia :eek: