Germany - South Korea I-- 27 June --I 3rd Group Game

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by White/Blue_since1860, Jun 24, 2018.

1. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looool

Ger90 repped this.
  2. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He did say that Draxler is a future captain of the NT.

Rosebud and Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    even made him captain at the CC, lol. Meh Stindl should have been the captain at the CC. He felt more like a leader than Draxler.

Rosebud repped this.
  4. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #654 Rosebud, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    I wouldn't read to much into Werner's WC. He obviously put way too much pressure on himself after missing those two chances early against Mexico on throughballs that he regularly scores on for his club. I'm pretty sure that if he had buried those like he usually does for Leipzig, that he'd have gone on to fire us into the next round and we could well still be playing, despite Jogi's colossal ********-ups in the midfield. He's a major difference maker when he's playing with confidence, but the kid got shook by the Mexico debacle & let it get to him. That happens to kids, you let them play through it & grow tougher for their prime years.

Plus Timo had a concussion last fall/winter, so he hasn't quite been as sharp this year as he was the season before. Moving forward I have no doubts about him though, especially with someone like Brandt playing next to him...someone who loves to drift into similar spaces to Timo & play quick sharp 1-2s.

I like Arp, am still a huge Eggestein fan, and would have started Stindl at this tourney if I was the coach & he had been fit, but until those kids break out Timo is our best bet...with Stindl as his deputy for matches that are more...combative...

Although we should've brought along Uth or Füllkrug instead of grandpa Gomez given that Stindl was injured & Jogi hates Kruse.

I am crossing my fingers that FC VW doesn't do anything too dumb and lets G.L. Itter just play through any growing pains he has over these next two years, because if that kid hits...and our midfield isn't deployed completely idiotically...we could finally stop worrying about both FB positions.