German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah they qualified, seems to be a reason why Amine Harit of Schalke switched to Morroco after being a France youth player.

Abouchabaka is another German-Morroco and I believe there are a bunch others too.

That's the thing about duals, you have to constantly call them up otherwise the allure of switching pops up. It's why the best ones are the ones who's countries aren't good. Countries who qualify for the WC are more likely to poach players from us. Nigeria with their German coach have been trying to poach German-Nigerians for awhile.

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well

Torunarigha, Uduokhai, Barkok for example are regular for our youth NTs

So if they go for Nigeria or Morroco, DFB have nothing to blame

It’s just their decisions. Kolasinac was a regular for our youth NT too, and so was Cenk Tosun.

It’s a non-factor in my opinion

Bosnian-German for example, tend to choose Bosnia ahead of Germany

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thing is it's very very easy to keep players while they still play in the NT youth level.

the problem is the senior levels, our coach doesn't really give chances to many new players and tends to stick to the same bunch of players. From that players who are dual aren't going to wait years and years and years before they get called up to the seniors. It;s why Kolasinac, Tosun etc left and why numerous others will leave as well.

also Nigeria are trying to poach Torunarigha, Uduokhai. Recall reading something like Uduokhai might have switched to Nigeria seniors NT had the German U21 not called him up for the 1st time. Although injuries prevented him from playing for the U21 and he's still not fully fit. From that if true, it means the kid could jump ship post U21 if the German seniors don't call him up.

4. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought he was called for the U21

He won’t be fit until next month anyway. His chance of being called up by nigeria is getting slimmer

I m more worried about Barkok

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1930 Ger90, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    lol what did I say.

According to reports in Germany, the Nigeria Football Federation are in talks with Hertha Berlin central defender Jordan Torunarigha over representing the Super Eagles at the 2018 World Cup.

Torunarigha's adviser Tomas Zorn says his client is honored to be approached by the Nigerian Federation but has not entirely ruled out the possibility of representing German youth teams.

Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr used the same tactics to lure Chelsea defender Ola Aina, ADO Den Haag's Tyronne Ebuehi and Amkar Perm ace Brian Idowu to pledge their international future to the Super Eagles, rather than the countries of their births.

''That's true. We have such a request from the NFF," Zorn said to German newspaper B.Z.

"Jordan must listen to his heart. This request is a huge honour, and also a confirmation for his great development. But I think his journey for the German FA is not over."

If Torunarigha accepts the offer from the Nigerian Federation, it means he will play his last games for Germany U21s against Israel and Kosovo later this month.

Born in Chemnitz, Germany, he has racked up 16 appearances for Germany's U18, U19 and U20 teams.
    http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26969

would be a massive blow to lose him. He's currently on the German U21 squad. All of this because they have a German coach. German coaches coaching other countries isn't a great thing as they will always try to poach duals.

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No need to worry yet

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    how annoying and more respect to those who turn down the easy path.

Germany: Show your worth constantly at the highest level possible and playing for the seniors is likely
    Other countries: Join us and we'll put you on the WC final squads even though you contributed 0 to the qualifiers. And the sole reason to put you on the squad is to getting you to join permanently.

8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well Choupo-Moting, Joel Matip, Tosun and Kolasinac chose to jump ship

But I don’t think they were too highly rated in DFB youth setup.

Coupo-Moting for example , he had Manuel Fischer, Thomas Muller and Schieber in front of him; Tosun had Lasogga, Uth, Mlapa and Ginczek

Emrehan Gedikli for example, I won’t be worried about it at all

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    outside of Muller none of those guys made the seniors. Kolasinac is better than Mustafi too bad we got stuck with mediocrity instead. Youth strikers are the hardest to pin down in terms of future success, tooo many examples of only a handful succeeding. Gedikli is one we cannot let go, but will be a problem if Prus still plays with false 9 in 2 years.

3rd Liga
    98-.Diawusie with his 10th assist of the season as his team are winning 4-2.
    98-Lauberbach in the same game scored 1 of the 2 goals for Erfut who are losing 4-2.

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Looks like Lenn Jastremski might leave Wolfsburg this summer, Think he can make an impact if he chooses a club that are willing to give me a chance and are in need of a young striker

Wolfsburg hav many strikers ahead of him, I don’t think he is useless given his size and aerial dominance.

I team like Mainz can use him

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's boggles the mind how 3 different Wolfsburg coaches prefer Osimhen over every single player in Wolfsburg Ii, U19 etc. Based on absolutely nothing to be honest. It's all because of the U17 WC, now we have another club in Bremen with Sargent going after a player because of U17 WC. Well I hope it works better for them than Wolfsburg.

Now they have numerous striker health issues and the coach is finally considering Blaz Kramer from the reserves. Seem like a pretty bad club to play for. Not sure how Nieland, Herrmann etc expect to make the main team when they currently seem to be like the 6th-7th choices.

Wolfsburg recently seem to accumulate German attacking youth players. Jastremski is better off leaving there as there are too many players in the way.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    completely forget but Kuhn finally made his pro and Ajax II debut yesterday playing 2 minutes in a 4-2 win. Next game is next Sunday vs 15th placed team AZ II.

Interesting to note that TM has Kuhn with an assist in the small time he's played and position he played in the game was LW.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah he registered an assist in his 1st game at Ajax II.

from the 5:05-onwards mark

as the other team tries to tie the game to make it 3-3, Ajax II do a counter where Kuhn lays out the pass between the 2 defenders to give his teammate the 1v1, which he scores to end the game 4-2.

also seems like he missed a chance to score himself.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Karl-Heinz Riedle repped this.
  16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    https://www.schwaebische.de/landkre...len-den-fans-etwas-bieten-_arid,10835994.html

What happened to Moukoko?

17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lenn Jastremski scored a brace for Wolfsburg U17 today

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U17
    X3:Hartmann (not sure why he's still in the U17, he was doing well while playing for the U19)

X2:Jastremski, Tekin, El Bakali

X1: Pohlmann, Memisevic (???), Grimm, Makanda, Maier, John, Dautaj, Adigo

U19
    X3: Niklas Wiemann

X1: Bapoh, Kade, Zografakis, Kiprit (???),

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    things look worse all the time with Felix Platte. Seems like he has a muscle tear in the calf and will be out even longer. This kid's whole career is nothing but injuries.

20. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Why Torungariha dind't playing since Bayern?

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    injured/unfit is the reason.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. Völler's Mustache

Aug 19, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey all,

Sadly as my career has job has gotten more hectic over the past couple years, I've lost track of the German youth prospects. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the Bundesliga. Would someone be willing to give me a brief rundown of our brightest up-and-coming prospects?

Appreciated!

25. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany