German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You gotta admit Janni Serra hasnt been playing well (at all) this season with the reserves anyway.

I wonder whats the plan with Jojo eggestein? His contract ends in 2019, so if he is still struggling to have minutes there, he should be leaving this summer. Werder Bremen wont leave him leave for free.

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But even Johannson was used ahead of him, and they have Kruse and Befodil...........I dont see a 4th string striker having significant playing time

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wasn't talking about Serra only, him and all the II and U19 players are behind when teams are buying foreign youth kids for millions. As for him not playing well, he looks to be one of the youngest scorers in the scoring charts and his coach did seem satisfied with his progress.

Befodil is pretty bad player and Johannson is injury prone. Although The impression I got was that Eggestein was not going to be used right away. Remember there was no 3rd Liga this past weekend. As that starts again this weekend, can easily seem him back in Bremen II.

Bremen also didn't want to loan him out even though there was interest because they thought 3rd Liga is good enough dev for now.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wintzheimer just turned 19 and Nieland is still only 18 years old. They aren't 20-21, well having breakthroughs is why Kuhn went to Ajax. Better chances there than at a club like RB or Bayern. Although a loan in summer could be more likely.

Putaro is already in 2BL so not sure why you are worried about him and it's his 2nd season. Both Reese and Knoll seem headed towards 2BL, transfer market isn't over yet.

Warschewski should try to impress in 3rd division before jumping ship this quickly. Daferner on the other hand, with 4 strikers at Freiburg might be better off leaving or getting a loan. Eggestein and Teuchert will get playing time, just need patience. Serra one should wait until after the Summer transfer before being worried about him.

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Jojo's contract is an issue. Expiring in 2019 and if he doesnt have chance the 2nd half of the season. Maybe he'll ask for a move this summer, or even leave as a free agent in 2019.

Werder Bremen has to do something about it, if this continues, i doubt he'll stay. Tend to think Werder Bremen or himself has to make a decision already. I know Jojo in person, n i think he wants to play regularly at higher level.

His favorite club is actually Monchengladbach, where i think actually suits his game.

I think Werder bremen have nothing to lose, why are they still hoping Befoldil and Johannson can do a miracle is beyond me.

Conclusion, Jojo Eggestein should leave this club. At 19, he should be playing in 1BL if thats not Werder Bremen. Werder Bremen will keep bringining in free agent, veteran strikers. They are mediocre but physically ready, so Eggestein will have to wait season after season.

werder Bremen lacks the long-term vision, and thats scary

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think young strikers are difficult in Bundesliga. As teams are always looking for veteran striker in their starting lineup , preferably 24-29 years old.

Some teams play with one starting striker, so when will the younger ones get their chances? well 24-29 if lucky

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well this is interesting instead of going to Ajax U19 like TM and other places assumed. Looks like Kuhn is headed towards Jong Ajax!

it means he's starting in the Jupiler League which is 2nd division Netherlands. So he'll likely make his pro debut, no more youth levels. And the more he impresses the more he could make his 1st division appearance this season.

Their next game is Jan 22nd.

Epitome990 repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Should be a good test for Kuhn to get integrated with the Jong Ajax side right away. That squad is quite competitive and are actually in 3rd place right now in the second division. Better than many regular clubs there. A good portion of players among the Jong Ajax selection are ones who are projected to join the pros in the near future.

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    any idea of his competition? One thing I read is that one of the reason that Kuhn is coveted besides his skills/pace is that he can play any of the attacking positions. Not restricted to 1 position, more flexible player.

Epitome990 repped this.
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Based on TM, and Jong Ajax's recent formation it looks like Kuhn's direct competition would be Norwegian, Dennis Johnsen and Dutch, Che Nunnely. They're both also wingers and versatile forwards/attacking players.

Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    concerning Kuhn, my feeling was that U19 never made sense as they paid $2+ M for him. He's being propped for the 1st team and Ajax is one of those clubs that is likely to lose some talent. Like for example Younes is out whether Jan or Summer. Players like Kluivert, Neres and Dolberg etc always attract transfer interest and rumors.

but another thing is that Kuhn is the youngest Ajax U21 player at 18 years old (turned Jan 1). Every single other teammate is 19-23, with plenty of them turning 20-21 during the 2nd half of the season. If you want the age groups, Kuhn is 2000 while every other teammate excluding keeper is 1996-1998. I'm sure this plays into Kuhn's favor the more he impresses and Ajax 1st team isn't against playing 17-19 years as they constantly do it.

and as for the 2021 contract which would make Kuhn 21 years old by the end of it. I bet you he'll only stay 2 and a half years out of 3 and half years. I don't think he'll extend his contract so he'll get sold, get the feeling he's using Ajax as a launching pad which plenty of players seem to do. Of course this depends on him doing well and performing in those 2 years and a half. When he does leave would be nice to see him back in Germany.

Epitome990 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Nikos Zografakis scored in Hertha BSC II's test match win vs Braunschweig.

Looks like Boubacar Barry is finally healthy. He joined Werder's senior squad in training today.

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Epitome990 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wut?
    953380549867032577 is not a valid tweet id

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Does Kuhn have Turkish background or any other country apart from Germany?

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looking through Ajax fan's comments concerning Kuhn. I haven't read any negative ones. The were all positive!!!

here's an example.
    "From what I have heard, this is a very great talent with an unparalleled technique. Barca wanted him, Man City wanted him, Leipizch wanted to give him a contract for 5 years. This may well become a good thing, too early to say. But what I hear is a topper in the making."

have to say if that 5 year contract is accurate no wonder he jumped ship. How many of those 5 years would Kuhn have spent on loan to lower German divisions? Pretty sure the likelihood that he would start games for RB next season are nonexistent. In that video interview, Kuhn talks about how if he impresses than he hopes that starting in the summer he'll be part of the main Ajax team. Also depending on how things go this season both for him and the main team, he could still get a couple of 1st team games towards the very very end of the season. If he had stayed at RB by the time he makes it in 1st division for real he'll either be fast approaching 20 or he'll be 20+.

Epitome990 repped this.
  24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werder Bremen’s 16 year old Left Back Louis Poznanski has joined Bayern Munich

Our U17 national team player, probably the second best Left Back Talent after Gian-luca Itter

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ugh, you are so many youth players obsessed with Bayern, RB, and Dortmund. They all have poor records for promotion especially in the last few years. It's like you also mentioned that Herrmann wanted to join Bayern. Do any of these players really think they can breakthrough Bayern? Poznanski had good chances to breakthrough Bremen not a good move. Would say Friedl might be his biggest competitor from the U17-Bayern II. But even then not hard for Bayern to just buy an LB once Alaba either leaves or is done.