German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The world champion's youth winning tournaments is irrelevant to the future? The world champions who come from a country that is also "doing well and pumping players with potential" and who's world cup winning core is stronger this go around and won't soon be losing any key pieces...even though the youth to replace almost anyone is already there.

Nevermind that you again come back with your fear mongering insinuation that the improved competition and caliber of team mate the top young german talents will get to enjoy is outweighed by the couple of dozen spots that are occupied throughout the top league.

It's paranoia like this leads nations to adopt self-destructive domestic player rules that then go on to warp the late stage development of top domestic talents and inevitable drives talent development into the gutter.

Sifrit repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Disagree with everything you say including your twisted narrative.

let's be honest, overall I usually don't agree with any of your points or how you view players or formations. It's no different here. About this topic.

and a bonus LOL for how you think I see things. Paranoia? Fear Mongering? Not sure were you come up with that crap though. You already shown that you make this stuff up with the whole someone is panicking just for saying Dahoud isn't playing. Even though I told you before how I saw Dahoud in the past. The U21 for example actually got better once he got benched.

it's like we are getting more and more professionals criticizing German youth and system. But people here like to act as experts even though everyone here's view is not one on the inside, it's one of a bystander.

3. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If those authorities that you are using to bolster your argument aren't authorities who's opinions someone has too much respect for, then that appeal is going to fall on deaf ears. More criticism is being direct towards our youth teams because there's less criticism to be direct towards the senior team than there used to be. That's the driving factor. Since winning the WC and having injury/suspension to blame for being robbed by home nation France at the years, prior to sweeping the CC & U21s, there is little to gripe about with the senior team for the media...getting into Low continuing (fixeable) tactical short comings are both too pedantic for casual fans and too easily waved away with the team's success and the success of the young talent that is just approaching senior NT level. So questioning the youth that lead to this new golden age of german football is gaining traction.

Plus it never hurts to question, the attention given to our lack of dribblers / strikers / FBs has certainly helped. But since there was more to write about our senior NT it got less attention from focus looking for something to bang on about.

Sure the 97s are a weaker group relative to those that came before & after them and we are seeing a bit of a lull in young talent that's senior team ready this year because of that weak age group and because some of the biggest talents of the following age groups broke through early, while others aren't quite there yet.

But that is a normal result that can be seen with the French / Spanish / Brazilian developmental systems as well if you break their top talents down by year. You're just not as versed in their youth. And this lull is not going to bury us any time soon given the talent that our NT already has, the young talent already on the cusp of breaking into it, and the quality of the age groups after this minor lull.

I mean hell, 3 of my top 5 98ers (Eggestein, Geiger & Passlack) have just gotten tastes at the senior team level for their clubs, with 1 starting in the second division for his team, and yet this is supposed to mark our cessation of the top spot in international football?

I just don't see the point of you continuing to bang on about this when everything really seems to come back to that one disappointing age group. We were flooded with talent before them and the following age groups are flooded with talent as well. So we keep beating that dead horse.

Sifrit, icebreaker and MatthausSammer repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no one is beating a dead horse. Posted a new article about a German coach saying English youth are better, in the German youth thread. It's not even one of the 3+ other people to say it, was someone new too.

besides such an easy way out. If I don't respect these people who cares what they say, who cares that 1 of them is currently involved with the dfb and the other was recently part of it or the former players who do say so things. And this new one coached in German youth for over 4 years. Before getting his English job.

All continue "beating the dead horse", if you don't like it don't quote me. Problem solved.

Karl-Heinz Riedle repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he played 17 minutes as a 2nd half sub for his 1st Bundesliga game.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Teuchert scored his 2nd goal of the season today in 2nd division.

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Johannes Eggestein .. again ...

Can't make the bench

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    where is he? I don't think he even played for Werder II?

9. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think he played a match on wed in a friendly

And scored a goal

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #85 Ger90, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Bundesliga Spotlight‏ @BundesligaSpot now43 seconds ago
    Bremen confirm Max Kruse broke his collarbone vs Schalke today & will undergo surgery this evening. Expected to be out for 2 months.

will this give him a chance to play?

11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Give..... you ?

Who are u mate?

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, my mistake, it's him.

Karl-Heinz Riedle repped this.
  13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not panicking with Dahoud, he's still young and has already a lot of experience for a player of his age. But I was discussing the possibilities of his going to Russia and therefor he should've waited another year before going to another club.

To change clubs isn't easy for most youngsters and BVB is a stacked team, no matter what some people think about Castro. He's a proven veteran player most fans wanted to see in the NT for years. Mo never had a full season as a starter yet, and one can get the impression, that he needs a lot more time to settle in than most fans want to accept. BUT this was very foreseeable. That's a fact.

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So why move to Dortmund when he isn't sure he can get playing time?

That's a mistake of Many young German players in the last few years
    Including Goetze, Schuerrle, Podolski n co

15. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Mo is in his first season with BVB. With all the games they have coming up, he'll get decent time. If he still is a rotation player next season I'll start worrying.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so is Sane going to Man City a mistake? Does seem like it (for now). If he keeps playing from the bench his chances for the WC won't be there.

17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We still need him. We lack players with his attributes

Its not his fault tho, pep changed his formation to 2 strikers, n then he wants his fullbacks to cover the flanks.

So he doesn't really play with wingers anymore

Either in a 3-5-2 or a 4-1-2-1-2

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bedofil is now ahead of Eggestein , doesn't mean he is better tho. It's only because he's 191cm tall

Bedofil is a professional journeyman, was a free agent two years ago n was a big flop in Serie A.

I m very surprised that Nouri prefers such a mediocre ahead of the biggest striker hope in Germany.

Really that doesn't make sense

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it also depends on long Nouri will keep his job too. Last season, Kruse played a huge role in their rise. This time, they have 1 pts after 4 matches. And most of the other strikers have barely any Bundesliga experience to their names. I still think it's weird that Eggestein has been in neither the last 2 Bremen squads nor in the Bremen II squad.

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bedofil is only on loan, so why is he an obstacle of Eggestein?

He should be the best striker talent in Germany, not Timo Werner

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    a loan player still has a sum involved though. I'm sure Bedofil is more expansive than Egg. Look at this article
    https://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/...kel,-ein-attraktives-paket-_arid,1642827.html

so Bremen might permanently sign him for 6.5 M Euros while his loan deal is $600 000.

Werner's case is a bit different, most strikers don't start when they are teens playing regularly in the 1st division. Werner last season for most of it he was only 20. He also played 95 games over at Stuttgart, from the age of 17-20. It's about the coach, different coach/management has different ideas especially for attack, where this less interest in giving chances to youth/inexperience.

24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Serra n Eggestein ... I don't know why but both reminds me a bit of Ducksch n Yesil.

Good talents but they need to find somewhere they can perform consistently

Not Dortmund, not Liverpool or not even Werder Bremen. They might need to play for a promoted team or consider a two-years loan to Koln/Mainz/Leverkusen where they desperately need strikers

Koln may need Janni Serra in my opinion

I m more confident about David Otto n Fiete Arp tho.

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Arp is one that has a good chance to brake in. Because the competition is honestly not that good (pretty much bad) and it's been bad for like years now. Same with Otto, Hoff does give chances to youngsters.

for strikers to do well, it's better to go to clubs where the competition is lesser and emphasis on youth. So yeah almost all big clubs are a waste of time.

and Ducksch and Yesil did waste their time at Dortmund and Liverpool. Although I personally never rated Yesil much.