German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hamburg really seems to be the club to be at when it comes to 17 year olds.:p

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I feel like David Otto should be inserted to the first team soon. They have to prepare for the departure of Mark Uth

I feel like David Otto is one injury away from making the first team. As far as I know, Julian Nagelsmann watch U19 matches regularly or whenever he has time

Di Santo, Embolo n Reese aren't very good players. Will Florian Krueger have his chance? I think he is ready for pro football

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for Otto, you still have Szalai and Kramaric, it's not just Uth and Wagner. From those 2, Kramaric is the better forward. But if Uth does leave Otto might only jump to bench/rotational forward rather than starter.

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I feel like 2002 is a much better age group than 2001

Apparently Oliver Batista-Meier is a top top talent. But I think Pohlmann, Hartmann, Papela, Tom Krauss, Eyibil, Memisevic are decent but not spectacular players. Not many of them made huge impact in the B-Jugend league last year.

2002, there are several players who are already rocking the league at the age of 15.

Forget about Moukoko; Samardzic, Christopher Scott, Borkowski, Karim Adeyemi, Moritz Schweinstetter n Tekin are doing very well in the U17 league; And Mehmet Can-Aydin n Obuz also shows flashes of brilliance in their game

I think if David Hummel wasn't injured, he would've been a regular starter for Stuttgart U17, same goes to Jan Thielmann for Koln;

Ware Pakia is also a good talent who can emerge later. But looks like Moukoko is actually on his alway now

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    weren't you high on Pohlmann?

at RB besides Keita leaving soon. Seems like this could be it for Kaiser and Compper, which could open up spots next season.

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Ole Pohlmann is good talent. But not someone who can make the league before the age of 20

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jonathan De Guzman out for the rest of 2017. Chance for Barkok???

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Possible, but I still think it would be a tough fit for consistent time into that midfield.
    De Guzman was already out for majority of their last 4 BL match days. And Barkok was only in the active squad twice and subbed on once. Stendera would probably be the main player who benefits from this first.

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    After Josha Vagnoman from the 2000 age group, HSV seem to have another interesting right-back prospect in the 2001's named Lenny Borges. He has 4 goals and 1 assist in his 10 matches this season for HSV U17, playing at the RB position. He's also a starter for the Germany U17 NT right now.

Speaking of the U17's, there's a CM named Maximilian Maier. He's from Stuttgart U17, and transferred there in the summer from FC Basel's academy. I'd like to see a midfield on the senior team consist of Maximilian Meyer (Schalke), Arne Maier (Hertha), and Maximilian Maier in the future someday. That would confuse the hell out of the opponents.

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U17 lost 1-2 to Portugal

I think we will lose against England too.

Big concern: our U20, U19, U17 are a lot worse than England's in the last one or two years

More than that, looks like France, Spain n Portugal are ahead of us now

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    something is wrong after our last U21 team

1997 very weak
    1998 weak
    1999 strong
    2000 other than Arp n Fruchtl .. weak
    2001 weak (need a striker which Prus never believes in. Memisevic is badly needed)
    2002 better but we just lost consecutively to Czech?

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's starting to get frustrating to see our U20, U19 n U17 losing matches after matches. N completely outplayed by our arch rivals

Ger90 repped this.
  19. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    I completey disagree. The 1997 is a weak group but especially the 1999 and 2000 look very good and are actually already breaking into their first teams, which is very early! I also don't care about the results, especially at the U16/17 level. While results are not unimportant, the most important thing is that players get a clear path to break into their first team at their clubs.

Did you watch the England vs Germany friendly? For all their hyped youngsters, they played hit and hope long balls all match long. Also, when the announcer ran through the resumees of many of the their young players, it was one loan after the other.

Now France is producing some really good players which are breaking into top clubs very early, that is true.

Rosebud repped this.
  20. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    England are winning everything at youth level but the players are breaking through at 20, 21, it's a flawed system. RLC was one of the best players on the pitch against Germany and has 2 EPL wins, Solanke was the player of the tournie at the youth world cup and doesn't have an EPL start.

I agree that at the age's that matter France are the gold standard.

21. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    You might be right but all you need is a couple stand out players from each age group to have a potentially killer team at senior level.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    More details on Jabez Makanda:

http://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/mic...-supertalent-makanda-53808626.bildMobile.html

Trainer Michael Köllner (47): "Er ist ein sehr auffälliger Spieler in der U17 und hat ein starkes Durchsetzungsvermögen. Zudem ist Jabez jemand, der selbst alles auf dem Platz regeln will. Außerdem hat er eine sehr gute Trefferquote."

"Er hat in seiner Altersklasse natürlich einen starken körperlichen Vorteil. Doch wir müssen mit dem Jungen jetzt auch weiterarbeiten, das nicht Feierabend ist, wenn dieser Vorteil später einmal aufgebraucht ist", sagt Köllner.

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How long has the kid been living in Germany for?