German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm wondering why Kuhn n Jesaja Herrmann hasn't played a game this season in A-Jugend.

Contract issue? Both are from Hannover n looks like both wanna leave their current teams

Jesaja Herrmann actually said he wanted to go to Bayern Munich earlier this summer

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it seems like Kuhn doesn't mesh well with RB as well as other problems.
    http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/r...barca-jagen-bullen-talente-52173520.bild.html

an article from the summer.

Karl-Heinz Riedle repped this.
  3. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    there seems to be a decent amount of youth that seem difficult to work with. It's like they act as if they are pros when they aren't. Another example would be the ex-Germany player, Dadashov.

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dadashov has received 1million Euro from Azerbaijan FA

At a point when he isn't entirely sure if he can make the big step at pro level... given his family financial situation, I think it's understandable

If u look at our youth NTs, there are more n more Bosnian n Kosovo descents who opt for DFB now

In the current U17, winger Dajaku n striker Bleart Dautaj both have Kosovo family. Even if they were born in Germany

There is a decent chance that both players will choose Kosovo in the future. Especially when they aren't entirely sure about their chance of making the German NT

How to keep players with dual-nationalities will be the key for DFB's success. Players with immigrant background will become majority in a couple of years. U can tell from the trend

Imagine Mbom, Batista-Meier, Poznanski, Maurice Malone, Tillman, Amade, Abouchabaka, Barkok, Akkaynak, Moukoko all choose other countries ahead of us..

We will be in big trouble.

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    true but from that list, some of them have enough potential to make the seniors anyways that they won't choose another country. Play for Germany which you already do in the youth and have a chance to win real trophies.

from what I've seen, the mixed players that choose other countries over Germany usually aren't even good enough for Germany seniors anyways.

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I rate Oliver Batista-Meier very highly

Kid has a German father (surname is "Meier") n a Brazilian mother ("Batista")

If u look at his IG before, he posted a Brazilian flag without anything related to Germany. U can tell he is very proud of his Brazilian nationality too lol

But anyway, there are three players DFB should focus on:

Oliver Batista-Meier

Youssoufa Moukoko (I know what u think about his age, he isn't 12 for sure but I doubt he's older than 16)

Mbom

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #58 Ger90, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    I don't think Meier will go for Brazil, he's playing for the Germany youth. Played in that Italy loss that happened a few days ago.

Look what Good Player choose another country over Germany? All the best mixed players have choosen Germany over other countries. It's those that aren't good enough that choose other countries. So many of the current players were wanted by Ghana, Turkey, etc but chose Germany.

besides there is just as much competition for places in Brazil's squad as Germanys. So either way it won't be easy for him. He has to prove himself.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #59 Epitome990, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Our U17 drew 1-1 against Netherlands U17

Scored by Kevin Grimm

We have some serious issue in attack. Scout told me Batista-Meier, Krauss Pohlmann didn't impress

He thinks Dajaku (no.21, subbed on in the second half ) is the only decent player on the pitch

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a goal from Wintzheimer.

Kid is in amazing run of form, can kick the all equally well with both feet

13. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When I remember correctly you criticized him all the time in the past. You finally have to understand that young players have no steady development and it makes no sense to hype and write down them all the time. So a scout told you that Batista Meier didnt impress against the netherlands,is he now overrated in your eyes?:inlove:

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's not about one game , Still think Batista-Meier will make it at pro level, but maybe not Bayern Munich

Wintzheimer I still don't rate too highly, even he scores like crazy this season

I like David Otto n Florian Kruger overall skill set more. As strikers in Bundesliga, u need more than scoring ( especially Wintzheimer has many goals from penalty)

Otto n Krueger can hold up the ball, control well, set up for teammates n have good technique

Pohlmann I think has been misused by Prus. He's not a winger, he's more like a raumdeuter, Prus shouldn't limit him on the flank. It's not like we have a targetman inside the box anyway

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Youssoufa Moukoko 2 goals for DFB U16

We all know he isn't 12 , and I heard he's around 15-16. But still... he's a machine

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I see in the UEFA youth league today both Dortmund and Leipzig u19's are getting thrashed. German clubs generally have a poor record in recent years in this tournament, why is this?

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Arp interview with FIFA.com
    http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/new...nine-questions-for-germany-s-no9-2907640.html

another piece about him. In this it says he will captain Germany at the WC
    also
    Arp's strong finishing, unique movement and strength shielding the ball have impressed, but HSV head coach Markus Gisdol is keen to play down the hype surrounding the player.

"Why should I play the lad if I don't think he's ready yet? He is 17 years old, fresh out of the U17s and can still play two more years in the U19s," Gisdol told the Hamburger Morgenpost newspaper. "That shouldn't be forgotten and he should be left alone so that he can develop into a solid player."

Arp appears to be doing just that. In an interview with the DFB's website in April of last year, he said he wanted to improve his weak left foot and his heading. "None of my skills have reached their potential."

While Markus Gisdol is keen to give the youngster time to develop, first-team football this season doesn't sound impossible.

"I also think Fiete has the quality to play in the Bundesliga - if he continues to work hard for it," Gisdol added in his interview with the Hamburger Morgenpost.

Hamburg legend Uwe Seeler - arguably the greatest-ever HSV academy product - believes Arp will soon break into the first team. Arp, though, is keeping his feet on the ground and not forgetting about the other things in his life.

"Football is a day-to-day business and it can be over any day," Arp told Bild. "But nobody can take away your high-school diploma."

While it might take a while for Arp to finish his studies and get healthy again, it doesn't feel like the Bundesliga is too far away from welcoming a new teenage sensation.
    http://www.dw.com/en/jann-fiete-arp...eels-move-abroad-would-be-nonsense/a-40415274

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Karl-Heinz Riedle who always claims Youssoufa Moukoko is lying about his age. What do you said to this from his father?
    “Straight after the birth, I registered him at the German embassy in Yaounde,” explained his father.

“We have a German birth certificate.”

According to his official birth certificate, Moukok was born on 20 November, 2004 in Cameroon.

As reported by the BBC, there have been several questions in Germany over the legitimacy of the players age but the German Football Association has explained that everything is in order.

“The DFB has already had a number of intensive discussions with Borussia Dortmund at various levels,” they explained in a statement.

“There is no doubt about the correctness of the age of the player.”
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/1...ar-scores-three-goals-two-games-germany-u16s/

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41258217

so it's official he's 12, not 15-16.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klostermann played the full match as RB drew Monaco 1-1.
    while Dahoud played 72 min in the 3-1 loss, seems to have been a bright spot.

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What's the plan with Johannes Eggestein? Looks like he has become a 4th or 5th striker now

Not looking good for him

I think Werder Bremen can play Bartels on the right flank n let Jojo play?

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like with Bobby Wood out, 20 year old Torles Knoll made the Hamburg bench for the 1st time.

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Marvin Ducksch , our previous striker hope who struggled with bad attitude...

Has put himself together n is leading the scoring chart in 2BL

24. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #74 Rosebud, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Lets see an english talent not peak as a teenager before we start worrying lol. English kids getting crazy hype before they're anywhere near ready to contribute to 1st team football is not a new development.

How many tourneys do our kids need to win in one summer for you guys to calm your tits?

He's still getting settled in and there's a lot of season to go. He'll be an unquestioned starter for them next to Weigl & Gotze/Kagawa soon enough. My god do you love to panic prematurely.

What? Weigl will effect Sahin a lot more than he will Dahoud, Dahoud's main competition is Castro, who's been for a long time and is very safe for a new coach to trust while newer players get integrated.

Mo just needs to get acclimated to his new team-mates & coach, and they need to learn to expect those fluttered passes right up the middle through 3-4 defenders. It takes time, which is why the NT should've started integrating him long before the CC, but soon enough he'll be an undisputed starter for them & amongst their most important players.

For his standards Dahoud was poor in that match; but a lot of that was not yet being comfortable enough to assert himself, and a lot was his team-mates not yet expecting those passes that Mo is so good at slipping through a crowd down the middle.

Be patient. Eggestein wasn't supposed to crack the werder senior team until last last season, and that was before he missed almost a whole year due to injury. He should get some cameos before the winter break before winning significant PT in the second half of the season.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #75 Ger90, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    LOL with your overreaction. Why would I panic for Dahoud not playing? I'm not even panicking that plenty of senior NT players are benchwarmers not sure why I would do so for a youth player, which I've mentioned before that has yet to fully impress me.

and winning tourney in the present is irrelevant when talking about the future. So not sure what one has to calm over. England, Spain, Germany, France are countries from Europe who's youth seem to be doing well and pumping players with potential. You already have like 15+ French youth playing in the German league and like 4 English ones being bought this season. Our players are no better, plenty that have potential don't amount to much. If German youth were sooo amazing, you wouldn't see clubs buying foreign youth at an excessive amount in the last year.

Besides it's the opinion of a coach who coached in both Germany and England, he knows more about the topic than either of us.