German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tedesco gives an update on Goller.
    Accordingly, the 33-year-old can imagine a loan for Benjamin Goller. "Benni is someone who can escape anyone in one-on-one, he has a very good start. I like the boy, "Tedesco said, adding," The question that arises is whether it makes sense for him to stay on Schalke and play occasionally, or if he is just doing development somewhere else. So every player has his own story. "

Epitome990 repped this.
  2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sieb can play CF perfectly well

When we are playing 4231, three strikers for rotation is already enough no?

If there’s a squad of 23 players, we have two players for each position. Then basically we only need two strikers

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's not my point at all, point is Schafer was called up and he hasn't done anything. Why call him up?

I think you fixate too much on Gunther, Sieb and Gedikli and ignore every other 03 forward.

you know Schafer has started 1 U17 game+5 sub appearances and that's it. Such a random call up.

4. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Musiala is also capable of playing striker /centre forward at this age

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what's the point of playing Musiala (basically false 9 since he won't play striker in future and besides, dfb listed him in midfield)?
    I see little point in playing someone like him uptop.

people keep talking about developing strikers and youth tournaments help in that matter. Then play strikers uptop.

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Compared to neighbouring countries like Switzerland and Austria, it looks like Germany continues to have issues calling up youth players from Balkan origins. Memisevic and now Mehicevic and Matanovic

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If u look at the new generation of strikers, they are all required to play multiple attacking positions

Dzanan Mehicevic even, he plays as a AM/SS all his career. Until this season, he starts playing some CF. If u ask Mehicevic, he would tell u he’s more capable playing as a 10

Gedikli was a winger. And even now at 186cm, he still play right winger sometimes this season.

The fact is, they have less people playing like 3v3 or 4v4 in training nowadays. So “position” is less defined.

Musiala will grow, he hasn’t even started growing yet. Why is he a false 9?

8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well Mehicevic is more like a SS/AM

But I think we have 4 players who can play CF in this squad?

We have a squad of 23 players, each position reuqires one backup. So I guess 2-3 strikers at CF is reasonable

The key now is one versus one ability with these youngsters. Physicality it’s too early to tell

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4909 Ger90, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    difference is you really think Musiala has the build/physique/height for striker? Those other guys fit a lot more becoming strikers than Musiala. Even when he played for Germany U16, saw nothing that fits strikers, looks short and skinny. He's still listed in midfield by dfb, unless you think it's an error and Wuck hasn't played him cf either.

you also stated in the dual thread. How can we keep calling Mbi and Musiala when they didn't impress with us? Yet here they are being called up again and here you stating someone who didn't impress could be a cf option.

it's like the whole point of my post was why call up Schafer who's done nothing all season when you can call up his more productive teammate, Mehicevic? Well it's a good way to make it easy for these guys to choose other countries

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Matanovic seems to be doing very well for a club like St Pauli and is the 2nd most productive 03 who plays striker after Gedkli and yet he doesn't even get a look at?

I understand if it's because he wants Croatia over Germany but if that's not the reason. Than what's up there?

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fatih Kaya ice cold with a 18-meter low shot in the far corner to 2: 0 (31). "The boy wants, he is committed, and he has real potential," Keller praised the 19-year-olds. "But he still needs to be cleared up. He had two, three stupid fouls in it, "the coach criticized at the same time, but also showed understanding:" This is due to his will and ambition. The boy is fun. "

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Musiala will grow

And he plays striker for Chelsea U15. I think he will grow, I don’t know how tall he will grow but he isn’t too small for his age, maybe around 176-177cm for now. I think he will be in 183-185cm range

I think Germany emphasises on one-on-one duals now, and they want players who can take on defenders n good at dribbling.

Not just size alone. So strikers need to have a combination of dribbling ability, pace as well as finishing.

I think Gedikli and Lasse Gunther And Sieb(who isn’t tall but very physical) are the rare examples for this age group.

I think we have to do it step by step. And the emphasis on changing trainings into 4v4 or 3v3 , makes the “position” thing very very undefined. Strikers in a 4v4 also need to be mobile n contribute when they drop back or go onto the flank for build up.

Strikers are all required to play with high mobility n versatility . The key is to have the ability to take-on defenders in one-versus-one situation. If they have the attributes they can play everywhere.

So our strikers all have to play the front four positions , now they all required to have pace, dribbling ability n composure with the ball.

These type of players are emphasised. Strikers too, if they can deal with one versus one, should be able to play CF in future.

Focus is more macro, they wanna have these type of players as many as possible now. Schaefer n Musiala fits the bill in that case

13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If they are being trained playing 3v3 or 4v4

Is “position” that static? Mehicevic is also an AM/SS

I think the key is to put “position” aside and develop some sort of attributes. Ability to win duels is a mental thing , then technique, then physicality

10 or 9, it’s a small difference when they play 3v3 or 4v4 nowadays in training. They need to play there

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not sure how the discussion about Schafer's inclusion ended up discussing Musiala as a CF? Even when Wuck hasn't played him there.

of course any striker who can dribble would something good to have. Some of the older striker have some dribbling skills too even before any updates in training.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Burnic seems to be the only one we call up.

16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just a thought because Musiala is a CF for Chelsea youth, so he can play 10 or 9. Remember they are normally trained playing 3v3 or 4v4, position is not as defined as u think. It’s like I asked Gedikli if he’s a striker, he would say he’s a Forward who plays all three attacking positions

We lack dribblers and players ability to cope with one-on-one duels. Especially in younger generation (1997-2001?)

Kuntz, Scholl, Hyballa, Bierhoff And Hrubesch already said it.

I think everyone knows but yourself? I think we lack strikers who can deal with one-versus-one. Not just headers n dribblings but many things involved

17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jakov Suver , our U16 starting CB

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I said some, one would think I said tons instead.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was thinking more 96-01.

but you also got Samardzic, Semic too for 02-onwards

we seem to have an more success with calling up Kosovo/Albania than those other regions.

any idea why Matanovic doesn't get a look at? Unless he prefers Croatia.

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think he isn’t very good at winning one on one. We want more individual quality

More like a pure poacher now.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that didn't stop the dfb from having Wintzheimer and Y.Otto being the 1st choice CFs for the entire 99 group, lol.

we ignored D.Otto, Kruger and everyone else for those 2.

so he's a poacher who besides scoring also assists. That's more work productive than most strikers.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so Schafer brings that individual quality? I do find it glaring that you dance around the whole topic from the beginning, since the original post was about him to begin with and yet you never once discuss his inclusion....all your posts seem to be about Musiala/Gedikli/Sieb/Gunther even when Gedikli isn't in the squad.

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ur concern was about not selecting new players?

Then we have Schafer n Musiala now, why u complain?

Schafer is a top dribbler who can play all three positions up front. And good to deal with pressure and with the ball

Seeing scoring numbers n assists is less relevant for strikers nowadays. It’s a misconception

How to involve in build up is more important and then we can diverse our scoring threats . This doesn’t show on the score sheets

Less don’t forget strikers are required to drop deep for hold-up and then build -up game. Then the other attackers will attack the penalty box. So how to build up is important

U can see the trend is that “wingers” are getting hugged scoring numbers nowadays, not even talking about Messi, Hazard, Naymar, Cristiano or Mbappe. It’s because throughout the match, they will go inside the box even more than the actual “striker” on paper.

I think that’s a good movement in Football.

Strikers who only productive in the box is obsolete

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Musiala isn't a new player and my point about Schafer is the guy isn't a regular for Frankfurt U17, 1 start and hasn't played U17 it seems since Sept. While plenty of strikers are playing frequently above their age groups.

and dude your the one who wasn't impressed with Musiala and thought he doesn't deserve to be called again but now all of a sudden your pro Musiala. As usual your all over the place with players.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you also keep talking about scoring/assisting not as important nowadays. You actually believe that fiction? Is that why so many strikers get benched when they aren't productive for their clubs?

you really think mid size to smaller clubs or ones who fight relegation battles wants strikers who aren't productive? Even top strikers in top clubs get tons of shit when they have a drought.

strikers who make it as pros were also tend to be productive before making it.