German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we made the Elite Round we failed to make the Euro finals tournament. Because of his stupidity vs Norway. Outside of that 1 game, we trashed all other teams.Just shows how the 99 was a wasted group based on coaching. His stupidity is also why no Germany at the U20 WC in 2019.

I think it's more than that though. Wolfsburg U19 coach preferred Y.Otto above everyone else last season. Even the U20 NT coach still seems to pick him. In fact it's ironic that he got his 3rd Liga gig mostly from being a regular in the German youth NT. Weird part is that you got 4 coaches who like him. Does he have dirt on everyone? I think he's a hard worker but that doesn't mean that he should be chosen above better strikers.

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U don’t get my point. I just can’t see more than 6 talents in many age groups who have the potential to start regularly at 1BL

1997, 1998 And 2001 in particular. I think 1999 and 2000 maybe 10. That’s all

It’s just a judgement of potential. You don’t have to be elite talent but u need to be kinda good in some way. I have watched youth games in other nations (clubs n youth NTs) and I can easily name so many good prospects in France, Portugal n England nowadays.

Germany do not have enough good-elite talents. Many of them are worse than mediocre n I don’t see talent

I was shocked because 10 years ago I can see 6-7 elite talents and maybe 10 good talents who I think can start in 1BL regularly.

Nowadays I see 1-2 elite talents in each age group, maybe 5 decent ones. The numbers is decreasing significantly

The clubs can’t start them n the pro scouts should tell they have no talent too.

They need to be competitive. They need to be better than the French, English, Spanish, Italian n Portuguese. They are in many youth NTs finals in recent years

My problem is not only about German Youth NT not winning (other than U21 in 2017) n disappointing. Put the result aside, I just don’t see many talents who can play/start regularly in the league

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    your exaggerating the number of starters in 1BL that are 97. And other still have time to become starters later. You talk about rushing but you seem impatient with these players to begin with.

but anyways you really think if training/coaching changes that this will mean that players will suddenly become elite? That seems less likely, maybe more that the German players will be more worthwhile than they currently are as their game will have less missing elements.

also we've seen tons of "elite" talents that don't pan out as pros. It's easier to look good vs kids, while others use their physical advantages when younger that doesn't help as pros.

4. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How many games did Lukebakio, Dilrosun, Nelson, Lookman and Sancho those play to score or impress?

They impress imidiately once their first two games and became difference makers

U are afraid that Lookman will be back once BL, because u know he is good n can make impact

Kleindienst, Ducksch Burkardt, Jojo Eggestein, Teuchert n co had their chances (or even starts) , yes it’s only a few games but they didn’t really make u feel they need these players in the startelf when they are given chances. Due to injury? Yes, that’s like a common way for youngsters to emerge. How did the youngsters handle their chances when they were there?

I think that basically tell u how foreign youngsters are so much better than ours

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I m not rushing

I m telling u that I don’t see talents other than a handful

2 better ones, 5 decent ones and rest I don’t rate. 1997-2001, 3 terrible age groups, one good one n one so-so

10 years ago, I could name a lot more who I think could make the league n play regularly. Maybe 6-7 good talents, 10 decent ones

I just lost that feeling lookin at our youngsters now. I feel like we have regressed a lot, I just don’t see talents in most of our youngsters nowadays

We have serious issue with our youth work

And yes, England n France are producing a lot more

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you name a handful of youngsters that succeeded and what about the long long list of foreign youth players that didn't succeed? Besides the ones you mentioned are mostly ones playing in better clubs than the Germans you mentioned. Lukebakio is the only one who's playing for a shit team and there is no buying clause for him.

why would I be afraid if Lookman is back? Not wanting him back ins't the same thing. Besides these players have no real interest in 1BL. If they can make it in England they won't go to Germany. And Rangnick put down Lookman coming back.

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes u are right, maybe elite talents don’t pan out

But at the beginning, it’s always these elite talents get their chance at early stage

Maybe they won’t pan out but clubs play them early based on talent alone

They tried to fondness best talents at early stage because they don’t have the $$$

They don’t pan out it’s another story but they always choose n use the elite talents at first. So Germany need to step up

8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seriously I don’t see More than 7 1BL capable regular starters in the league for certain age groups

It’s completely based on judgement of talent n advice from pro scouts. I bet the clubs have such information n judgement too

And compared to the talents level we had 10 years ago.... youth work hits bottom low

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you still haven't answered my question. You really think improving training/coaching will turn players into elite? Improve them yes but turning them elite?

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think at least when I look at the players, I have to see some talent or I think they are good-elite

That’s the bottomline....

And being an elite talent gives u an early start to the career. Maybe u can start ur debut in pro league at 17/18 become regular starter at 19/20 ; others? Might have their debut at 19/20 then everything is postponed

I think talents need to be good to elite. Pro scouts n coaches will have their judgement too. I think individual training helps, that’s the first step

Think 1988 age group, there are like 7-8 elite stars, I have no idea why 10 years later, we can hardly find 3 in each age group

11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just something is wrong

They should know what the problem is because they used to produce better talents

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U19
    X1: Fesser, Batmaz, Gozutok

RL
    Steinkotter (4th)

Bayern II and Wolfsburg II both seem headed for 3rd Liga promotion playoffs. What's interesting is that the RL promotion playoff is between RL Bayern winner and RL Nord winner. Currently both are leading those regions, which means we could be guaranteed of a 1 II team in 3rd Liga next year. I think Fruchtl/Mai and company would be better if they play in a higher level.

EPL2
    Sambou scored his 5th of the season in a 2-2 draw.

3rd Liga
    Undav (4th)

2BL
    Fein picked up his 2nd assist of the season in a 3-1 loss to Koln.
    https://streamable.com/73wug

Duker/Arp got scrap minutes but seriously Hamburg is so bad. Paderborn had 2 shots that hit the post, could easily have lost 2-1. I can't imagine them doing well in 1BL in the long run if they manage promotion. Ozcan played the full game for Koln. While Vagnoman/David/Katterbach and the other youngsters that started on the bench were all unused bench players.

1BL
    No assist because of the GK paring but J.Eggestein's shot from distance was cleared by the GK for the tap in by Harnik to make it 2-1.
    https://streamja.com/2WKz

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so D.Otto isn't elite talent? He's not making his 1BL debut until 20 at this point.;)

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To be honest, I rate him as elite nowadays. But he has his problems (injured too)

But compared to the number of talents we had 10 years ago with the 1988 groups. Our talents impressed me more when I watched.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so is J.Eggestein gonna become a Winger? He comes on as RW and he usually plays as Winger for Bremen over striker. Than comes Sargent a 00 and he plays striker,which allowed him to score an easy heading tap in.

seems like Eggestein is being moved away from striker.

16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sergeant scored in his debut

And Jojo should find a way to score even in the limited time he’s given

Now I feel like every talent in 1BL from overseas are better/more efficient than our young striker talents

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just told you Eggestein was playing winger and Sargent was uptop so he scored an easy heading tap in. Besides 2nd goal is because of J.Eggestein.

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well Sergent dropped deep too , now he’s in defensive third

Yes Jojo said he thinks he’s better to play RW now and learn. Probably easier for him to get playing time at the beginning and less pressure if he doesn’t score

Sergent scored but he won’t play regularly at the lone striker role. Jojo will definitely play more

I don’t see that an issue

Henry, Suarez, Van Persie, Cristiano Ronaldo, Aubameyang And even Diego Costa (after his loan in Celta, Atl Madrid had Falcao n Diego was 23/24)

Started playing at the Wing. They were just efficient so able to move to striker later on

19. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As right winger, Jojo is now probably the 2nd choice

As striker? There are always veteran like Harnik, Pizarro n Kruse ahead of him. And they are serviceable. Jojo would be the 4th CF at best. Of coz he wanna play more at RW at least he gets playing time first

Playing at CF can’t guarantee playing time. No brainer

I thought u understand the logic

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But even when Cristiano, Van Persie, Suarez n co. Played at Wing, they showed traits that they can play the centre role

Probably needa cut in more n take-on defenders one-on-one

I think attack is pretty fluid nowadays, interchange more. Jojo needs to be efficient, his chance will come if he can score when he cuts in

He had a chance where he got the second ball but didn’t shoot ... if that was Cristiano he would’ve made the shot

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you didn't get my point is that Sargent came on and played uptop while Jojo is mostly a winger whether he starts or sub and both came off the bench too. There is no guarantee that Jojo ever goes back to cf too. The more Sargent does well uptop the more likely he'll be ahead for cf.

why don't we say it German players are all trash and call it a day. It's obvious there is no talent in the country. Just fill the league with foreign talents. Let it become EPL 2.0. And close this thread.:p

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he did enough today with his shot from distance leading to the winning goal. Players aren't only measured based on goals/assists.

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just that the talents from overseas are better. They chose the elite talents

Germans needa stay competitive

Just let Jojo get the playing time first, then work step by step.

He will get more now at RW, that’s good for him. Later, who knows? If he is a 4th CF he is less likely to get playing time as easy as he is now

24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At least Jojo seems to have improved his dribbling skills from what I saw

If he can show enough talent, n traits of playing in the middle. He will eventually play there

But I always think his physique (though improved) is better suited as second striker at pro level. He also isn’t an aerial threat so it’s tricky

I did tell him to improve his aerial game, I hope he keeps that in mind

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so your saying he'll be Kruse 2.0 while Sargent will be Harnik 2.0.:p