German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he's a 01, he still has 1 and a half years in U19. Besides no one is currently a standout at Hoff U19 uptop anyways. He doesn't need to make it at Hoff either. It's not Hoff or nothing scenario. Plenty of players end up taking a longer route to get to 1BL.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    German U17 squad for Winter training Camp in Jan.
    Torwart
    Noah Atubolu SC Freiburg 5 0
    Vincent Friedsam 1. FC Köln 0 0
    Tim Schreiber RB Leipzig 3 0
    Abwehr
    Mehmet-Can Aydin FC Schalke 04 6 0
    Kerim Calhanoglu TSG Hoffenheim 5 1
    Marton Dardai Hertha BSC 6 1
    Adrien Koudelka FC Augsburg 6 0
    Jannis Lang VfL Wolfsburg 6 1
    Luca Netz Hertha BSC 5 0
    Lasse Rosenboom Werder Bremen 2 0
    Tjark Lasse Scheller Holstein Kiel 0 0
    Mittelfeld/Sturm
    Karim-David Adeyemi FC Liefering 2 0
    Dennis Borkowski RB Leipzig 0 0
    Timon Burmeister VfL Wolfsburg 6 1
    Jomaine Ellay Consbruch Arminia Bielefeld 1 0
    Lilian Egloff VfB Stuttgart 0 0
    Marco John TSG Hoffenheim 3 1
    Lars Kehl SC Freiburg 7 2
    Tim Lemperle 1. FC Köln 6 1
    Jordan Meyer VfB Stuttgart 8 0
    Paul Nebel 1. FSV Mainz 05 5 3
    Ware Pakia Borussia Dortmund 5 0
    Lazar Samardzic Hertha BSC 0 0
    Christopher Scott Bayer 04 Leverkusen 7 0
    Jonas Sterner Holstein Kiel 0 0
    Jan Thielmann 1. FC Köln 7 2
    Malik Tillman Bayern München 6 1
    Nick Woltemade Werder Bremen 4 1

auf Abruf
    Daniel Adamczyk 1. FC Köln 0 0
    Jetmir Ameti Hertha BSC 3 0
    Tim Böhmer Borussia Dortmund 1 0
    Felix Gebhardt FC Basel 1 0
    Maximilian Göggel VfB Stuttgart 0 0
    Rilind Hetemi Borussia Dortmund 0 0
    David Hummel VfB Stuttgart 0 0
    Atmir Krasniqi VfB Stuttgart 0 0
    Abdenego Nankishi Werder Bremen 0 0
    Fynn Otto Eintracht Frankfurt 0 0
    Kaan Özkaya TSG Hoffenheim 0 0
    Sebastian Papalia 1. FC Köln 1 0
    Yannik Schlößer Bayer 04 Leverkusen 0 0
    Frederik Schumann VfB Stuttgart 3 0
    Emincan Tekin Hertha BSC 0 0
    Albin Thaqi Borussia Dortmund 0 0
    Amer Vrcic Eintracht Frankfurt 0 0
    Marvin Weiß TSG Hoffenheim 1 1
    Joscha Wosz RB Leipzig 2 0

Samardzic is fit again? Also called up are Adeyemi, Pakia, Woltemade, Borkowski, Thielmann. Egloff also got a call up.

while Hummel/Tekin are on call, with no Asllani or any other 02 striker in sight. The 5 listed above are 1st choices. While Fynn Otto seems to usually be on call.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -speaking of Hoff U19, none of the strikers there deserve promotion. And with D.Otto only a year older, even less reason to promote anyone. Otto at least dominated U19 and was a difference maker.

-more of Hoff U19, ex Bayern boys Nitzl and Heiland interview.
    https://www.achtzehn99.de/aktuelles/news/nitzl-and-heiland-zwei-bayer-im-kraichgau

pretty much left Bayern as they thought about where they would be more likely to make it as pros in 3 years.

-99 LB Sascha Hartel has interest for a 3rd Liga loan. Hansa Rostock has shown interest as has other clubs.
    https://www.liga-zwei.de/erzgebirge-aue-haertel-leihe-wird-konkreter/

-Francisco Copado talks about his son 04-Lucas Copado
    What are your other plans?
    Copado: "I would like to work again as a coach under professional conditions, like in a NLZ at a U17, U19 or U23, or a regional or third division. The boys still want to achieve a lot, want to learn a lot and you can accompany them very well. I would find that very interesting.

I tried to train teams that are more semi-professionals. For them, football is not the center of life, which is incompatible with my ideas. That's why I said to myself, when I'm about to become a coach, then only under professional conditions. Because I want to develop players and help them to possibly make some money with football. I would find that very sexy.

On the other hand, I have a son who plays football very successfully, whom I accompany and who needs me. That's why I'll see what happens next. Most of the movement is only starting now. I'm open to a lot, but it has to be right. "
    https://www.liga-drei.de/spvgg-unterhaching-copado-freut-sich-fuer-hain/

-Teuchert is back in team training. Seriously wasted tons of chances to play with all the injury to other strikers at Schalke.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mainz coach Sandro Schwarz talks 99-Gurleyen and 00-Burkardt
    "They're doing well, but we've always said they need time too, and Johnny is often on the road with the U-19 national team, so we have to keep track of the load control," says FSV coach Sandro Schwarz. At the same time, the regular match practice in the A-Junior Bundesliga is important." "We have a good competition among the pros, so it is important for any young player to stay tuned."
    For the Mainz talents so only the praise remains - and wait! Because Schwarz says: "Do not worry, they will get their missions again!"

"We have an overview of our top talents"
    The head coach is on the performance of his development players but also without Bundesliga appearances in the picture. Similar to the first league the game data of the protégés flow into a database, in addition there are game scenes, which are tailored to each actor. In addition, the coach of the U 19 or U 23 gives his personal assessment of the player's performance. Schwarz: "We have an overview of our top talents."
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...und-guerleyen-brauchen-zeit.html#omsmtwkicker

pretty much they got chances because of injury issues early on the season to other players. Burkardt also got praise for scoring and assisting vs Bayern U19 in a 2-2 draw over the weekend. And they will get their chances.

Though 01-Eyibil, Schonfelder, and Papela should be up next for the 1st team in the long run. Still eligible in U19 next season.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Comeback with Joker gate. Turbo-Tobi logs back!

So far it was not (yet) the third league round of Tobias Warschewski (20). Lack of fitness, flu and slight adjustment problems.
    "We would have preferred our victory. But of course this first goal of the season is personally very important to me. Especially for the scratched self-confidence. I hope that after this difficult time, things are finally going up again. "
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...o-tobi-meldet-sich-zurueck-58809252.bild.html

guy was trashed twice publicly by his coach last season for pretty much being unprofessional. Still he has potential and had interest from 1BL clubs. Just the mentality seems missing, scored an acrobatic goal over the weekend. Well hopefully he gets more game time.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the Euro draws have been made.

U17 Elite Round (top of the table and if among 7 best 2nd place make the U17 Euros). This U17 or 02 group are also the ones who have U17 WC in contention.
    Germany
    Slovenia
    Belarus
    Iceland

U19 Elite Round, this is one tough tournament to qualify. As only top of the group makes it but ugh Norway for the 2nd consecutive year.....
    Germany
    Norway
    Hungary
    Croatia

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nagelsmann gave updates on Amiri and Geiger.
    -Amiri can come back in a week or 2.
    -Geiger could return next week after he plays II this weekend.

Seems like J.Eggestein could imagine himself staying at Bremen. He wants to establish himself and become a regular.
    https://www.90min.de/posts/6240401-...rce=categories_page&view_medium=[top-stories]

speaking of Musel, looks like Gladbach might let go of Drmic while
    Villalba seems headed for a loan. Should leave Stindl/Plea/Raffael as the only strikers. If that happens in Winter that could be his chance to get some playing time post Winter break. Hecking seems satisfied with his progress.

meanwhile 98-Ambrosius seems to be looking for a loan.
    https://www.90min.de/posts/6240356-...rce=categories_page&view_medium=[top-stories]

Have to say it's disappointing how little Hamburg have played youngster this season. Arp is the only regular. Ambrosius/Knost/Vagnoman/David have played but more like 1-2 games and that's it and some haven't played with 1st team since Sept. Another like 4 players who are part of the 1st team have played 0 including Wintzheimer. They are more interested in playing the guys who got them relegated+the 3 players they took on loan from other clubs.

Koln have been better when it comes to youth only to notice that Ozcan is the only one between regular eligible for the next U21.

Epitome990 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2BL St Pauli have 14 players in their 1st team with expired 2019 contracts and that's 8/11 of the last game starters.:eek:

looks like 1st team clear-out is going to happen.

seems very likely they will extend some but that a lot of them will leave. Should give chances to U19/II players for direct 1st team promotion on top of the few 98-onwards that are already part of the 1st team.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

hard to care since he'll start this weekend but then once Brooks's suspension is done he's back to being on the bench/back up player.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4360 Ger90, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    -98 GK Schubert is getting Interest from England. He's in the top 4 GK of 2BL. Has an expired 2019 contract, hopefully he stays put and at least that's 1 GK that is a #1 in a club that is eligible for the next U21 cycle!!!
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...f-um-schubert-hat-begonnen-58855460.bild.html

-seems like a lot of 2BL clubs have most of their squads with expiring 2019 contracts (or 2020 even). Kind of crazy. It could be chances for U19 players and transfers but at the same time some of these clubs will dump their youngsters with either no experience or barely any. Magdeburg is another, 16/26 players of their squad have expiring 2019 contracts....:eek: And looks like all of their young players are on the edge whether Berisha, Chahed, Abu Hanna. While 99-Harant seems headed for a RL winter loan to Germania Halberstadt.

some of these clubs look to dump players in Winter on top of that to get other players. While others are likely to have mass openings in Summer.

-Union Berlin will also axe players, looks like homegrown 98-Berkan Taz will get dumped in Winter, expired 2019 contract. A 20 year old who still hasn't made his pro debut. Always either unused bench player or fails to make squads.

One of the issues with 2BL is that the vast vast majority of the clubs don't have a reserve team. So getting playing time is tough.

-Lastly more on Kruger.
    Kruger makes Testroet strong.
    Testroet: "We will continue to work for such goals in training. "

Krüger makes Testroet strong! The striker Bubi was thrown into the cold water by coach Daniel Meyer (39) in Bochum. Krüger not only hinted at his assortment of how talented he is: fast, strong in battle and unselfish.

Krüger: "The interaction with Paco works very well. Now I hope that on Saturday in Fuerth sometimes jumps out a win. "

Has Aue finally found his dream storm?

Meyer: "Flo and Paco complement each other perfectly because of their different qualities. I wish both could confirm their good form in the next games. "
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...ueger-macht-testroet-stark-58876666.bild.html

Epitome990 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Nicolas Kuhn who's also currently joint top scorer with Rodrigo of Real Madrid in the UEFA Youth League. Although Kuhn averages a goal every 57 minutes in YL compared to 72 minutes for Rodrigo. Also Kuhn scored his 6 goals in 4 games compared to 6 goals in 5 games for Rodrigo.

Epitome990 repped this.
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Good to see Schubert playing well in 2BL. In terms of 98 born GKs hes definitely been much more productive than Eike Bansen

Ger90 repped this.
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    there are some reports that Dardai will play Lustenberger in cb. Which would likely put Baak on the bench. I really feel like Dardai isn't really trusting many youngsters outside of Maier and his son. The 99-01 won the U19 championship for Hertha Berlin for the 1st time ever and in terms of 1st team chances not much.

for Baak if he doesn't get a chance shows how little trust he gets. that Luckassen a player on loan from PSV and Lustenberger a player who isn't a cb in terms of preferred position are both ahead of him. Not like Baak has no experience he's already played 2 games for 1st team.

Epitome990 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm curious if I'm the only one who thinks this season has been pretty disappointing when it comes to players getting real chances/breakthrough. Looking at 98-onwards.
    1BL: Maina, Muslija (mostly sub), Goden (got a chance last matchday will he get more?), Dardai (sub), J.Eggestein (starter/sub), S.Rhein, Maier
    2BL:Serra, Kruger, Jaeckel, Dorsch, Fein

guys like Ozcan, F.Gotze, Arp, Abouchabaka,G-L Itter, Gurleyen, Shabani, Bauer, Baak, Baack, Saglam, Burkardt, Kaya are ones who are in and out of chances or very close to have gotten a chance. I feel like Ozcan and Arp were more regulars last season in 1BL than this one in 2BL which is kind of weird. I understand Arp given he's only 18 and not to overdo it but Ozcan is a 98.

any other players? Still think 2BL is a ridiculous league for not promoting and giving more chances to youth players. Why is 1BL filled with youth but 2BL barely any chances? Young players doing well in 2BL are more likely to be a draw when it comes to buying than some late 20s/30+ players doing well in 2BL.

and it's already close to halfway through the season.

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Abouchabaka and Tillman getting such little playing time has been disappointing to see. Also Hoffenheim's decision to not let Hack leave in the summer has left him not doing anything productive. In terms of development it's been a shame to see someone like Janelt who started to emerge a couple seasons ago look to be getting worse and worse

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    worse part is Abouchabaka really impressed in his 2BL debut and did well enough in his pro debut vs Dortmund. Although one can blame his age as to why he's not getting too much game time. Might not want to overdo it, he is after all skipping his last eligible U19 season. And Green is currently ahead based on selections even if he has far more potential than Green. And Green seems passed it tbh. Although both Buric and the head honchos at Furth seem very high on Abouchabaka's qualities/prospects. He's also there on a 2 year loan. Post Winter seems more likely to get chances for real.

Tillman it was claimed they will take their time with him. At this rate post Winter is more likely for him and FCN do have a buying option. Hack is just a waste, plays for Germany U20 does very well. Overall he's also done well when playing for Hoff 1st team just seems like a waste. I hope if Nelson leaves in Winter that he gets a chance.

Bochum is a terrible club for youngsters, even if they have produced a good amount of players in the past. 4 youngsters (one which is Janelt) in squad and they all barely touch the field. Just look at Serra last season as he had a loan to Bochum in Winter 2018. Either unused bench player or scrap minutes. Never started a single game, now look at Serra at Kiel.....

I honestly see tons of youngsters doing well when given the chance but then again they aren't given much chances. A lot of times it's also just temporary chances too.

Epitome990 repped this.
  18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Goretzka and Klostermann seem to be the last bonafide youth players to have developed at Bochum. The players that followed afterwards like Kader, Gül and Saglam etc have all underwhelmed.

Ulrich Bapoh who they loaned out to FC Twente has trended downwards as the season progressed. He began the season as a starter and then got benched and hasn't even been active in their most recent match days. This is Dutch second division aa well.

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah it doesn't look good. Although curious about their next crop like Uzun (even if he doesn't play for Germany), Sagman, Romling, Kotchap, Wellers etc.

speaking of Dutch 2nd division, not seeing anyone doing well tbh.
    Arweiler, Bapoh, Laukart, Simakala not impressing. Than Ache is injured all season and who's left are Frey and Mbende. And Weigelt. Feels like Weigelt might be the only performer....

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yea quite concerning to see those players struggling over there. But it also puts in perspective of what level they're at if they cant even fit in on the Dutch 2nd div.

Fwiw At least Max Besuschkow seems to be a steady starter for the most part of the season so far in the Belgian 2nd div as his club is in 3rd place right now.

Cant remember what other youth players were loaned out abroad to lower divisions.

Tsiy William Ndenge in the Swiss league seems to be severely injured not even sure he can play this season or not

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1997, 1998, 2001

In my opinion, 99% of the players’ upside is benchwarmers in 2BL. The rest, other than a few like Jojo n Serra n Oscan.... maybe they belong to 3BL or something

That’s right on it

1999,2000?

I think a few can make it to 1BL as starters in the next one or two seasons.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bundesliga legend and former Borussia Dortmund defender Matthias Sammer has joined the chorus of praise for Bayer Leverkusen youngster Kai Havertz, calling the 19-year-old "world class".

Sammer, who recently returned to Dortmund as a consultant following a hugely successful spell as sporting director at Bayern Munich, was speaking as a pundit on Eurosport after Leverkusen's 1-1 draw with Nuremberg on Monday, a game in which Havertz scored the opening goal with a clever chip at the back post.

"It was world-class," said the 51-year-old of the strike, which was all the more impressive given that the rain-soaked pitch made for trying playing conditions. "He's an extraordinary player. Anyone who can recognise situations like that is something special – and he's something special."

Havertz, who has become a full Germany international this season thanks to his consistently top-class performances, was characteristically down-to-earth when asked about his goal: "It was the only opportunity there was because the Nuremberg goalkeeper and centre-back were blocking the left side of the goal. I saw that the other side was free so that's where I put the ball."

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it's too early to condemn players while still being youth players. You know players can still make 1BL mid-20s and later. They are currently only 20-21.

97 in 1BL: Mittelstadt, Torunarigha, F.Muller, Serdar, Neuhaus, Richter, Henrichs (in Ligue 1), Knoll, Muhl, Horn (next season with Koln) same for his teammate Bader, Teuchert (although injury prone), Lowen, Fuchs. Even someone like Schlotterbeck of Freiburg is rated by the club according to Bild. Kauper having injury issues but Bremen still rate him. There are others too like Jacobsen/Kammerbauer that don't seem too far from the 1st team. As well as others in 2BL who could attract attention from 1BL clubs. Might be missing some, but let's pretend there are 0 97 in 1BL just to fit your exaggeration about how there 0 relevant 97 players.

98 yeah it's only J.Eggestein/Serra/Ozcan guys like Baku, Muslija, Geiger, Hack, S.Rhein, Daferner (rated by Freiburg), F.Gotze, don't exist.Nor the ones who are in the reserves or in 2BL who could get promotions/transfers in the future.

I do think it's ironic that you fixate on calling out others for rushing yet you rush yourself. You keep talking about players needing time and they won't breakthrough for real until 23ish. Yet you demand players breakthrough now. On top of it, you seem to just base this on players you rate.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4374 Ger90, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    forgot both Uduokhai and Rexhbeçaj for 97. Might be forgetting others.

97 are still youth players until next year's Olympics if Germany qualify. If we get out of the U21 group we qualify for the Olympics.

besides, one should not forget that 98 are eligible for the next U21 cycle. So they got another 2 seasons after this current one as youth players. Next U21 cycle is 98-99. To look at things now is way too early for the 98.

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Well i said 99%, there are around 600 players in each age group. So around 8 can make 1 or 2 BL and some of them can start regularly.

Few can be regular starters in 1BL, I always said the same things about the 1997, 1998 n later maybe 2001.

I think out of these 1%, like half belongs to bench in 1BL or 2 BL

Lets face it, the youth development work in Germany have been terrible for years. Knoll, Mul, Bader, Teuchert, Lowen those are borderline 1BL talents, maybe bench players in mid-table teams or starters in lower-tabled ones, which likely relegate.

HAck, Daferner, Felix Goetze also belong to 2BL imo

Unless Bundesliga improve the youth system significantly, our youngsters wont be competitive enough.

Some of the players listed i dont rate highly........at all.

And i think 1997, i only see Torunarigha, Henrichs, Neuhaus, F.Muller n Mittelstadt with decent prospects. Out of like 600 players

1998, i see Jojo, Serra, Ozcan, Geiger and Baku as 1BL regulars.........

The whole German youth program is terrible n were in the wrong direction. We can correct it will take 4 years to see result. Hopefully, 2003 or beyong can make differences