German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think if Stierlin replaces David , Bisseck/Mai replace the two CBs and with Vagnoman starting at LB. that’s pretty much the best formation

But hey, it’s a friendly so we can do some
    Small experiments.

I thought SS is Butkardt’s best position. Don’t see him as a winger or a striker.

They can try playing Hottmann/Jesaja Herrmann together with Arp. More creative idea

Maurice Malone, Abouchabaka and Massimo should be called up

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alonso and Bauer are good/decent CBs but should be bench options if called up.

Stierlin wasn't called up to the team. My previous post said that we didn't really call up many midfielders.

Called up midfielders: Mbom, David, Becker, Lengle, Sussek (overall outside of Mbom very weak, fine for club careers but International football???)
    on call: Abouchabaka, Stierlin, Majetschak, Morais, Philipp, Raschl

nowhere in sight: F.Nmecha (not with England), Cetin, Keitel and everyone other 00 DM/CM/AM is nowhere on the list.

I think the weak midfield will make us not do as well in this 4 team tournament.

Massimo is injured, Abouchabaka focusing on his club, Malone I think wasn't called up because all the strikers called up have 0 U19 caps while Malone has played U19. So giving chance for others.

The issue with Burkardt is simple, kid wasn't doing enough in midfield. When we play Abouchabaka, Nmecha or even Kuhn in that AM/behind striker. They at least work in midfield and track back. Kuhn for one is usually all over the place given that he has pace and endurance. You need someone like Kuhn in any XI, imo. Between things like that as well as good technique, shooting and dribbling skills. Whenever he dribbled today from what I saw he succeeded even one time going pass 3 players and creating a chance for the attack.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4079 Ger90, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Nikola Serra talks about his brother Serra's career.
    https://www.liga-zwei.de/holstein-kiel-zwischenbilanz-der-neuzugaenge-2018/

Aue's coach on lyoha.
    "He makes the balls pretty well in the front, is fast and works hard against the ball. But the greed to score goals is not in his DNA. At the end we have to keep working. Emma is still young and capable of development. "
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...r-zaehlt-seine-stuermer-an-58417820.bild.html

a striker without the greed to score, sounds pretty much like Reese, hard worker but no killer instinct. Honestly since Kruger and lyoha are rivals, I hope that Kruger displaces him and the other Aue strikers who seem to be struggling.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks like Luca Beckenbauer is impressing H96 1st team.

Wednesday could the grandson of football Emperor Franz Beckenbauer (73) prove his skills at the training game. In the triple chain he played the defense boss. Positioning, tackling, player opening with diagonal passes. Everything convincing.

Of course, there were still tips for improvement from Hannover coach André Breitenreiter (45): "Luca, if you have room, dribble a bit out there."
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...nur-beim-hannover-training-58432830.bild.html

Now that's one smart kid. Used to be Schalke U17 captain but after being injured for almost all of last season for Schalke U19 he switched to H96 U19 where he also became the team captain. Has potential but instead of sticking to a team that hasn't promoted much in recent years he went to one where 1st team prospects are more likely. On top, numerous recent reports about how H96 isn't happy with their defense on top of having not too many CBs. Heck if they get relegated that could make it even easier to breakthrough.

I find it's a shame that most kids don't use any logic to their choices. Why join big clubs that barely promote when it's easier in smaller clubs? Instead of joining Bayern, Dortmund, RB etc, go to a club where you can shine and decent chances for promotion.

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Bayern shifting their focus to sign Luka Jovic could mean they may not be looking to bring in Fiete Arp anymore afterwards

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not necessarily, Wagner (expired 2020 contract), Lewa (expired 2021 contract). Both might not be renewed too. Another 1-2 years and they could be done.

I don't think Arp should go to Bayern young, should establish himself elsewhere but it's still possible although not this upcoming Summer, the following one.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some roundup news.
    NT ones
    -Germany U18 beat Cyprus 1-0. Goal scored by Dajaku.

we changed the entire XI at the 46th minute. Looks like Jastremski who was on call took OBM's spot and came on the 46th minute with Glatzel and 9 others.

-Germany U20 drew Italy 3-3. We should have won the game.
    Goals by Gurleyen, Y.Otto, and Czyborra.

we started the game with J.Eggestein, D.Otto and Y.Otto in the XI. Have to say I liked what I saw from the 3 together. The whole attack crumbled once D.Otto/Y.Otto were subbed out at the same time in the 68th minute. Eggestein was subbed out 10 minutes later. Ozcan as captain had a good game too.

Club wise.
    -2BL Aue drew 1BL Hertha Berlin 1-1.
    Guess who scored the Aue goal?:p

6/11 of Hertha's starters were 1st team players too and Kruger scored in the 1st half. In fact the whole defense were 1st team 1BL players.

Youth who played
    Aue: Hemmerich, Baumgart, lyoha, and Kruger.
    Hertha: Smarsch, Mulack, Friede, Ernesto, Krebs, Covic

-Wolfsburg lost 3-1 to Paderborn in 2BL.
    Hanslik who is the RL Nord leading scorer started the game and scored Wolfsburg's only goal. I think with Ginczek being injured this could be his chance to impress. Wolfsburg's XI was pretty much 1st team players as well.

Youth who played.
    Wolfsburg: Hanslik (scored), Rexhbecaj, Menzel, Franke, May, Ziegele
    Paderborn: Boeder, Duker (also scored)

-Freiburg beat FC Sion 5-0.
    Youth who played
    Starters: Rudlin, Schlotterbeck, Okoroji, Treu (00), Kammerbauer
    Subs: Risch (00), Leopold (00), Daferner. Both Daferner and Leopold came on the 81st minute. Shame that Nieland injured himself just recently.

-Stuttgart drew 3rd Liga Aalen 0-0.
    Youth who played.
    Stuttgart (all came on 2nd half): Egloff (a 02 who I believe this is his 2nd 1st team game this season), Kleinhansl, Kober, Grimm, Tomic, O.Wahling.

looks like Tomic came close to scoring twice while Egloff had a good chance to also score. Looks like the youth players played positively according to Weinzierl.

-Gladbach beat Munster from 3rd Liga 3-0.
    Youth who played: Hanraths, Mayer, Musel, Bennetts.
    Musel off the bench scored the last goal for Gladbach, seems like it was a good one.

description.
    60th: Egbo puts in the penalty through to Stindl, who plays the ball in the backcourt on Müsel. This turns once in Gerd Müller manner around its own axis and then shifts sovereign from six yards - 3: 0.

for Munster Warschewski started while Akono came off the bench.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The reputation of VfB Stuttgart as one of the best training clubs in the country suffered in recent years. In order to offer a new perspective to their own offspring and to work their way back to their old reputation, the Swabians are now setting a mark and promoting two talents.

By the end of the year striker Leon Dajaku and defender Antonis Aidonis will be training with the professionals. According to "kicker", the two German U-nationals have been on the list for some time now with coach Markus Weinzierl.

"Antonis is a good boy, who has shown positive results in the weeks since I came here, he brings a lot with us and has taken advantage of the injury situation with us", Weinzierl praises the 17-year-old Aidonis, who against the 1 FC Nürnberg almost got his first professional appearance. "There was this consideration," Weinzierl admits.
    https://www.sport.de/news/ne3431578/vfb-stuttgart-holt-zwei-talente-in-den-profikader/

98-Lukas Daschner impressing for Duisburg. And seems like he could get chances.
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...chner-der-junge-macht-spass.html#omsmtwkicker

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wonder what happened to Bleart Dautaj these days

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like a good day for strikers, outside of Nieland being injured from awhile back. As he could have been with the 1st team today.
    96-Duker and Hanslik getting the starts and both scoring, same game. Duker has barely touched the field this season. While Hanslik could be a chance for himself.
    97-nothing but lyoha.......
    98-J.Eggestein started for German U20 and did well. Warschewski got the start vs Gladbach.
    99-Y.Otto scored vs Italy, while D.Otto had a good game too. Kruger scored in a 1-1 draw vs Hertha Berlin. Musel scored a Gerd Muller like goal for Gladbach. Wintzheimer played as sub for Germany U20 and wasn't too bad. But too many changes made the attack crumble by the time he came on. Had plenty of good moments though.
    00-Akono continues to be a sub option for the Munster 1st team.
    01-Dajaku scored for Germany U18 and seems headed for the Stuttgart 1st team Grimm played for the Stuttgart 1st team in a friendly.

good to see Kruger, Musel, Daferner and Warschewski get 1st team chances. Hopefully post Internationals Kruger finally makes his debut after being injured for like 4 months. Believe he's now at 3 goals in 2 games for the Aue 1st team in friendlies.

a lot of these players are ones who could play a role in the next U21 cycle that focuses on 98-99 players.
    98-Serra, J.Eggestein, Daferner, Warschewski
    99-Kruger, D.Otto, Y.Otto, Wintzheimer, Nieland, Kaya, Musel

of course there are other 98-99 but they need to be at a higher level than where they currently are. And Berisha and Harant need to be given chances in 2BL too.

from U20/U21 NT call ups,
    Serra, J.Eggestein, Daferner, D.Otto, Y.Otto, Wintzheimer, Kaya, and Musel are involved. Kruger due to injury and not having done anything isn't nor is Warschewski. Although shouldn't be long before Kruger gets some U20 NT call ups, likely in March 2019.

the issue players are Warschewski, Y.Otto, and Daferner. They need to be playing at a higher level than 3rd Liga/RL. Munster getting 2BL promotion should help Warschewski but Y.Otto (headed to relegation to RL) and Daferner, who has spent too much time in RL, needs to jump, hopefully min 2BL.

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2001 is a weak year for strikers but Frank Kramer is smart, he used a two-strikers formation to cover up the problem (Ole Pohlmann + Dajaku)

Lenn Jastremski is a good backup plan. Provides some missing elements among the strikers born in 2001.

Makanda is kinda adapting in Frankfurt and Dautaj is struggling

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    how do we know Dautaj isn't injured? Besides 01 can still play U19 next season.

if he's struggling with 1 goal in 90 minutes played this season what does that tell you about the other Hoff strikers who played 600+ minutes with like a goal or 2.

this season there is no D.Otto to help Hoff U19.

16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As far as I know, Daniel Klein told me he was healthy 2 weeks ago

So I assume there are other reasons

I did ask him why Dautaj hasn’t been used, Klein said he needs time

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    these 01 strikers seem to need time to adapt, 00s strikers had less of an issue to adapt in U19.

as for the NT, seems like
    1st half: Pohlmann and Dajaku
    2nd half: Glatzel and Jastremski

Glatzel is one that seems to work better in a 2 man attack. Didn't watch but I guess Cyprus parked the bus.

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Dajaku, Pohlmann, Grimm And Glatzel are better in a two-striker formation like 442 or 352

Lenn Jastremski or Makanda is better in 4231 or 4141 or 343

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's good that Stuttgart play 2 upfront than as that should help Dajaku/Grimm. While Pohlmann can still play other attacking position.

Haven't seen much of Biskup but is he better for 1 or 2 striker formation?

Meanwhile Florian Kruger.
    The presented especially in the first round really strong and submitted. 28 minutes: Tom Baumgart played the ball in the middle of the line in the flow of Florian Krüger, who took off and completed his solo ice cold to 1: 0.

A class action of the striker talent, which underpinned his ambitions on his first second division campaign. Meyer: "Flo has shown that he will be an option until Christmas. He is also physically fresh. His next steps he can only go if he has a squad place and comes to missions. "

Kruger scored a solo goal and getting praise from his coach as well as increasing his chances for debut and playing time. So ice cold finish unlike lyoha/Reese.

More on Aidonis and Dajaku and 1st team.
    BILD also knows: In the future squad planning by sports director Michael Reschke (61) Aidonis (contract until 2021) and Dajaku (until 2022) play significant roles.

Dajaku seems close to making his 1BL debut.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't expect this with Low but post Low, the more there are German strikers that really pan out and do well. The harder it might be to play only 1 uptop. We used to play 2 uptop all the time. Especially if they are more quality.

If one notices, German U21 play 2 up top. German U18 today played 2 up top. German U20, had Y.Otto/D.Otto/J.Eggestein in the XI. Seems like youth coaches are going for more than 1 these days.

I'm still curious though what does Aidonis/Dajaku 2 01s getting promotion say about Alonos/Hottmann's prospects? Unless all 4 get promotions, seems like the 2 01s could be ahead.

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like 2-striker formations too , but Loews prefer possession based football and always have more midfielders for build up

Alonso is not a top prospect in my opinion. Aidonis is better talent

Dajaku or Hottmann? Really different type of striker. Dajaku is a supporting striker n can be used beside Gomez

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alonso has done well for Germany whenever he's played and instead of playing U19 in his last eligible season he jumped to RL already. Playing there all season.

I know they are different types of strikers but for now we know Stuttgart rates Dajaku while nothing about Hottmann and they can always buy striker like they did with Gonzalez.

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well Dajaku is more Gonzalez type

Hottmann is a direct backup to Mario Gomez tho , in my opinion. They don’t have such targetman type in the roster

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sure now they fit but my point is Stuttgart can buy strikers. There is even reports about them buying players in Winter transfer. And then good chance in Summer too.

my point is that according to Bild,
    BILD also knows: In the future squad planning by sports director Michael Reschke (61) Aidonis (contract until 2021) and Dajaku (until 2022) play significant roles.

this pretty much means that Dajaku is more safe than Hottmann. Until we hear something about Hottmann. Gomez is almost 34 as well.

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mario Gomez has turned 33 just 3 months ago

Old but not too old. He can play and is still quality

Hottmann should be loaned out after this season. I don’t think Stuttgart will use a 18 year old as a direct replacement of Gomez. There has to be a targetman in between, around 24-27 years old as transition

Ger90 repped this.