German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It won’t happen. Don’t worry

And I don’t think there are many investors who wanna invest in Bundesliga anyway

Chinese investors are corrupted and no more creditibility after many incidents.

Middle Eatern will still prefer England, especially the richer ones.

50+1 won’t be abolished. Especially after this WC, they gotta know the situation now

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Ger90 dont over panic

U make negative energy everyday. U should take a rest and calm.

I don’t think we are that bad. Just need some change in registration policy.

With or without 50+1, I don’t think it makes too much of a difference.

But no, I don’t think we are producing good
    Enough players . Not as good as English n French kids. This can be shown in youth NT tourneys in recent years

The fundamental is: we gotta play better. If not, u can’t blame the clubs

We have been performing poorly in U17, U19, U19 last year and U20 last years

That’s the problem

3. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I seriously think if we keep producing like we are with the 97, 98 and 01ers

It’s logical for clubs to choose foreign talents than Germans

Apparently a quota system might help. But fundamentally, we need better players. Some
    Of our age group is not any better than Finland, Denmark, Bosnia or Serbia. That’s how bad our talents are

So our players have to blame themselves too, before blaming on the clubs.

Both have problems. DFB can limit foreign players but our talents are a lot worse than English, French, Italian and Spanish from what I’ve seen in last two years

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    bringing up issues and criticizing people or trends does not = to panicking. A ton of the things about German football that I've been saying for over the years whether about NT or league ended up getting worse and just now the dfb or Low are starting to comment on these issues.

really who won the U21 with a B-team and the CC with a good chunk of youth eligible players? Neither France nor England are playing well at the U19 EC either.

once again the 99 group failure has 0 to do with the quality of the players but all on the poor coaching. Every game he played logical lineup we trashed every opponent and the 1 time he didn't we lost and that's the only reason why didn't qualify.

instead of focusing on youth NT result (which Germany historically has overall been poor at), clubs should focus on their own Academy players and getting the best out of them.

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I m sure if the players are good enough, the clubs will play them

But have u seen the Spanish and England U17 last year? Or that English U19 NT who won the Champion? Or that U20 WC champion team?

Let’s face it. German youth players are not good. 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002 Won’t be winning anything at all. And the football they played is disgusting

As I said, DFL can have as many protections to our players

But the players need to be better. The quality they provide is simply not enough. At the same age, French , English and Spanish are still better

German youth players are no better than Finnish, Bosnian, Serbian and Greek now. That’s a main issue

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And I don’t think the quota system helps

If the quality of German youth players remain the same

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    AND sometimes when I look at the talents we have, those we were excited about:

Passlack, Jojo Eggestein, Kader, Putaro, Gimber, or all those 01ers other than OBM ... I think it’s very understandable that teams prefer foreign kids...

It’s a cruel reality but it’s always competitive to be a pro footballer.

And 2001 is another awful age group with bunch of losers.

I don’t know why any team will promote them to heir first teams other than OBM. Really... they are just that bad

And. I m telling that 2001 is even worse than 1997

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is that why 01-Simon Asta was already promoted to the 1st team?:p
    people were high on Kader and Putaro?

honestly reading your posts all I read is that clubs should only care about top top prospects and that's it.

one of the biggest issue with Youth NT is the crap coaches like Prus and Schonweitz. His false 9 bombed during 2 different rounds, Algarve Cup and U17 ECQ and yet he still used at the ECU17 and continued to bomb. Don't get me on the their is no good 01 CF. Team looked better with a CF, people always say that youth tournament is about dev of players. Then dev a striker further by giving him the experience.

you know 97 even though they were garbage at the U20 WC. Were missing players who stayed with their clubs because of relegation battle. And he didn't even start the better strikers upfront either.

I've also said this for awhile. I have yet to see any German Youth NT level that really picks the best possible players from their age groups. Injuries, favoritism, picking average players is a recurrent theme for Germany. Even the seniors call up guys who deserve nothing.

look at Bayern and getting Davies from Canada and paying $10+M for him you don't think he'll block OBM and Evina? It'ss an issue everywhere.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Munster played an Eredivisie side in a 2-2 draw.

if it wasn't for his attitude he likely would have left 3rd Liga by now and already be in 2BL level.
    It's been a good day for German youth strikers!!!

Diawusie scored the winning goal in a 2-1 win vs 3rd Liga side.

also looks like Massimo scored yesterday in a 5-0 win.

10. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    Would you guys say the 99 age group is the strongest since the 95s and 96s. Are the 01s and 02s really that bad?

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    concerning guys like Putaro or Kader. They are strikers and that position some breakthrough while very young but good majority aren't relevant until they are almost mid-20s. Both of those 2 and others seem headed towards mid-20s IF they ever become relevant.

You've been complaining about J.Eggestein not having the physique for ages and I agreed with you on that. And just recently Bremen said the same thing about him. That he lacked the physicality for the top level but that he's getting closer and closer to getting there and has been working on that issue.

Passlack has never been given a real chance. Fullbacks are usually a position where one gets chances mostly on injuries to others. The Hoff loan wasn't right for him, now he'll get his chance at the Championship with Norwich where he's started majority of their friendlies. He's only 20, he just needs that breakthrough season to really kick off his career.

Gimber is starting to get playing time in 2BL last season got tons of it and this season is moving to Ingolstadt. Hoff have a buyback clause for him as well. So if he impresses they could buy him back, if not they aren't the only 1BL club.

all the guys your not happy with are like 20-21. One would think it's a list of failed players who are now 25+

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    most would say the 00 is the strongest since 95-96. But you can say 99-00 are the strongest since 95-06.

01 had a garbage coach who will now coach the 04 group for the next 3 years instead of being fired.:cautious:

would say that 01-02 have missing elements that stop them from being better but KHR is exaggerating when he says they are all terrible players etc. Keeps saying 0 01 will make the pros when one already has. Also that no 97 has made 1BL when numerous 97 have made 1BL.

13. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    The 00 age group really did not impress me when I watched them. They got badly outclassed by Iran. I like what I saw from ARP though throughout the tournament

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you know the 00 group fits exactly what I said a few posts ago, we never played with the best possible team. Too many players were injured or left out for whatever reason, pre-tournament. Herrmann said that the U17 coach and he never saw eye to eye so got ignored for years until the U18 level. Other players weren't called up until the U18 level.On top of that we never played Kuhn (who wasn't fully fit at the U17 WC to begin with, only played 3 games out 5) and Abouchabaka started on the bench vs Iran. Another mediocre coach, who thinks Wuck is a decent coach? Better than Prus but just a bit, still this same team dominated Brazil until they ran out of gaz. Jan Boller was guilty for like half the goals vs Iran and was subbed out at HT. Sure it sucks we lost to Iran but youth results shouldn't as important as dev.

you can't judge an entire age group based on 1 game while they are 16-17 years old. They will only get better,

If your judging them based on that, than the 99 are not impressive too as they lost a game and failed to make the U19 EC and U20 WC, even if blame is all on the coach.

if the 00 group is not impressive then why do so many 00 already have pro contracts and some are already doing 1st team training. Including guys who were ignored for the U17 WC.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    issue with German youth levels is the NT coaches take an age group for 3 years. So if a coach doesn't like a player he will get ignored for how many years.........3 years.:cautious:

-Herrmann got ignored for both the U17 EC and the U17 WC because he didn't hit it off with the coach. Then at the U18 level Herrmann does very well. All one can say is waste.

-Mbom considered the best 00 CM missed out on both U17 EC and U17 WC due to injury
    -Kuhn, highly rated player, missed out on the U17 EC because of injury and that same injury made it that he wasn't fully fit for the U17 WC as it was one that took him out for over half a year. Besides his performances showed that he wasn't fully fit, even then he still had 1 goal and 1 assist in 3 games and plenty of chances to score more. But here's how he was at the U17 WC
    Game 1 plays
    Game 2 unused player (Iran)
    Game 3 plays
    Game 4 unused player in a R16 match
    Game 5 plays

that is not how a fit player plays a tournament. Fact that he played- didn't play- played etc Does show that he wasn't fully fit, that he got breaks between matches. Also almost dribbled past 3 Brazilians at one point in the QF match, had he went past the last guy he would have had a chance on goal.

Then he goes to the German U18 level, returning from a 2nd injury that took him out for a few months
    3 goals and 2 assists in 2 games, having a hand in every goal over those 2 games

-Fruchtl considered the best 00 keeper. Missed out on the U17 EC because of injury and the U17 WC because he had to stay behind as Neuer got injured

-Ludewig, missed out on the U17 WC because of a knee injury.

-Evina only became eligible for Germany at the U18 level not before. F.Nmecha is another who joined for the 1st time at the U18 level after playing for England but who knows if he'll stick with Germany or not.

So many others that were only given a chance at the U18 level either for the 1st time or the 1st in a long time. Still even then tons of 00 get ignored by the NT and as I posted above doesn't change the fact that they are still training with the 1st teams or got pro contracts anyways. And are still eligible for another year in the U19 league.

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

with 2 goals and 2 assists in 2 games in preseason.

Above all, scorer David Otto stood out, who started in the attack together with Adam Szalai. Coach Julian Nagelsmann also saw it that way: "Both top players did well and played well together in the first half, and David had a great holiday break because he was very flat after graduation, the U19 season and training he has power and is really good inside, of course, with his two goals, he has self-promotion.

weird to think this preseason wouldn't be like this for him, had there not been a WC this year or had Beldofil been fit. That's the only reason he's started both matches. Otherwise would likely have been a 2nd half player.

will be interesting to know his pecking order when the season starts.

Epitome990 repped this.
  18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    mentioned this 12 year old a few days ago, Arijon Ibrahimovic. Even though he's supposed to be with the U14 he's played with the U15 and scored the only goal in a game.

there are other interesting U15 players that's for sure.

Gladbach won 3-2 vs La Liga Real Betis
    in XI: Beyer, Mayer, and Musel.

looks like Beyer started the play for the 1st goal and had an assist for a goal deemed offside. Musel seems like he was played in midfield, well Hecking did say that he likes his versatility and had a chance on goal blocked by defense.

2nd game starts soon as
    XI: Hanraths, Neuhaus and Bennetts

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like it was Kenan Yildiz who assisted Arijon Ibrahimovic's goal in the SF game. Yildiz is supposedly a highly rated player.

Bayern wins the inaugural ICC Future tournament trashing Chelsea 3-1 in the final, take that EPL.:p

that goal from Chelsea was the only goal Bayern conceded in the whole tournament.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #3146 Ger90, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018

Giancarlo Lore a 04 originally from Koln won the Best player award, pictured with the man who scored a goal vs Germany while in Germany back in 2006 WC.:p

while Tom Ritzy Hulsmann won the best keeper award.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    these things I always found weird

03-Jamal Musiala reminds me of the Nmecha brothers, born in Germany to German mother and African father yet they end up playing for England. And all 3 moved to the UK when they were like 7ish.

Musiala also started to play in German youth leagues and it was his performances there that attracted Chelsea's attention. All that led was him becoming England eligible, lol.

recall he was called up to a German U15 camp this year only to later on have his name gone from the list.

seems like he prefers England and I've seen some English fans glad that he's with the U16 because they don't want him for Germany.

what I do find interesting about German-British players is that none of them have British parent but all them have at the min 1 German parent.

of course it's their choice to make who they want to play for and not criticizing anyone. If one looks at Bennetts, he's open to all 3 of his choices and is currently undecided.

23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The EU has been a huge mistake from its inception.

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if England Brexits isn't the EPL finally going to be more English focused league? If that's what happens expect even more foreign players to flock to Germany and the rest of mainland Europe.

If find it really seems too easy for any player around the world to go to Germany. Just be 18 and over and that seems to be enough.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Eckert played his 1st game for the Celta 1st team playing the 2nd half in a 1-1 draw. Didn't score nor assist but seems like he combined very well with his teammate Jozabed to create goal scoring chances. Including Eckert missing the goal by an inch.

seems like he was one of the 3 standout players in the 1st preseason game for Celta.