German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    00-Kilic with a goal, all 3 of Heidenheim's promotion have been 00 players. Sessa even made his pro debut last season and played a few games.

I hope Huth plays 1 season in 3rd Liga then is bought by a 2BL team next Summer.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klose won his 2nd game as U17 coach trashing yet another U19 side, this time 5-0. I've seen lots of comments at how Rhein and Gunther are dominating against older players. This is the 2nd game in a row where 15 year olds are dominating.

goals: Own goal caused by Gunther, Sieghart, Rhein (assist by Gunther), Tillman (assist by Rhein), and another Tillman (assist by Skodic).

will be interesting to see how long these 03 at Bayern Rhein, Gunther, Fust, Denk, Reinelt, etc even last at the U17 level. As they are eligible for this season and the next.

Rac93 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is Gabriel Kyeremateng having a trial with Norwich Ciity? If that's the case and he passes, seems likely to be initially for the Norwich U23.

never been high on him and he bombed completely in his last U19 season. Where he went
    0 goals and 6 assists in 27 games playing 1198 minutes..........

he did decently at the U17 level but not beyond that. Maybe a new club and new start could do him good.

it does look like he's been trialling, last I saw he was trialling with a RL club. Given his performances I think he's forced to start in the RL or reserves level.

5. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    is Geiger a proper DM. If not does Germany have any good prospects in that position. we need it

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    out of that list, i think only Mehmet-Can Aydin and Emrehan Gedikli are really needed. The rest.........phew.........are they really needed?

If We have better German native players, i think they can go for Turkey. Only 23 players are needed in each squad and we have 400 players in every age group, maybe around 20% are German-Turks/

So there are around 80 players of with German/Turkish dual nationalities.

The interesting thing about targetmen is not their efficiency and the number of goals they scored. Giroud scored 0 goal in World Cup 2018, but he was so important in France attack. Creating so much space for teammates: his headers, his duels won and his pressing........and especially when he defends set-pieces (which is also very important). Giroud is neither skilled nor prolific, but this type of striker is always needed.

Dyzuba only scored 7 goals last season in Russian Super League. But he also made a huge impact for Russia NT during WC.

We need more 188+ strikers, you cant teach size and our whole nation was focusing too much on skills n possession in the last 8 years or so, but many fundamentals have been neglected. Its ok when the trend is about possession, but seems like things changed and we needa play more direct

184-186cm like Fiete Arp, David Otto, Florian Kruger, Makanda and Ware Pakia are ok. but u cant really say its complete dominance.

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think he is playing like Gattuso.

Small but very aggressive tackler

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    whether those German-Turks on that list are needed or not is a question for when they go pro level and to then judge them based on performances there. Too early to judge any of them and some of that list already are soon to start playing 1st division football as in next season while others are still in the U19 but seem poised for 1st division for the following season.

yeah but why have a non skilled targetman, no point in having that just for the sake of having one. A skilled and efficient targetman could give what you need and more. Even though Giroud was crap, France were helped by their class attacking players who made a difference. If you have an ineffective striker than your attacking players need to be at another level. Smarter to have everyone in attack be effective to the max.

I think we need both tartgetman and allrounders. You know allrounders can still head in goals being 3-5 cm shorter than 1.88-1.9 m isn't going to prevent them from doing so or from being physical. Also if one is honest, none of our prospects who are targetman or 1.88m+ are they anywhere near being world class potential or prospects. The guys who are 1.84-1.86 seem more likely for that

yes Geiger is a proper DM.

95 are close to youth but no longer youth: Weigl, Meyer

as for prospects quick names Lowen, Maier, Burnic, Cetin, Keitel at the top of my head and I didn't go beyond 00.

not counting that some German CMs or CBs can also play DM (secondary position).

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Problems with the Turk/Ger dual national is that not all of them showed necessarily the potential when they are 16/17, we got better talents (either pure German, African descents, Eastern European descents or West Asian descents)

Its diffcult to bring in all the Turk -German because almost every age group have at least 70-80 of them, and we only have 23 spots.

I think African descents will be favorable, because of their physique and athleticism at early stage. So the proportion is getting bigger and bigger.

players like Kevin Bukusu, Marveille Papela, Jabez Makanda, Yousouffa Moukoko, Ware Pakia, Cyrill Akono, Jesaja Herrmann, Uduokhai, Torunarigha......

They will be ahead of Turkish descents in priority now (of coz both are important) . African descents have so much advantage at youth level

But the point is, in 2003 age group, there are like over 100 Turk-German, we can only take the very best like Cencoglu and Gedikli. The rest? I dont know what they can do with it, i bet Turkish youth NT cant even take them all

I dont think Giroud and Dyzuba are the most skillful. Well, i still like what they bring to the game other than scoring n technique. Complete dominance in duels, aerial threat and physique will be nice.

Tall players arent as mobile and agile, thats a fact. Its like what happened in tennis world. 185-188 players like Nadal, Federer and Djokovic always dominate Isner, Raonic and co. Its always about their mobility and agility

so its hard to find 190+ who are skilled, prolific and physical dominating. For a striker like Harry Kane, he is allrounder but not exactly a threat from crosses and set-pieces.

I think Selke has some good potential. Serra needs more practice and sample size but i remember he is also quite skilled

11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #3086 Karl-Heinz Riedle, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    I actually like Seydel's package even he isnt the most prolific scorer

Good allround skill, very very big and absolutely dominance in aerial duels and set-pieces. HE even comes back to help out on set-pieces too

HE can contribute so much more than just scoring

I think set-pieces and crosses from open play will become bigger part of the game, as shown in WM 2018

Tim Kleindienst is another i like. Not prolific too but he has to do a lot of buildup play form half spaces. HAve to track back to help out on defense too

Jesaja HErrmann i think is a great prospect, not world class talent like Arp but wont be too far off in his age group;

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ingolstadt sign Patrick Sussek to an extension until 2021

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you know I never said that we should bring in all German-Turks, which anyone can say is not realistic nor logical nor did I ever talk about all German-Turks. My whole post was about the German-Turks of note and listed 12 of them, those guys are the discussion.

you don't rate/care about any of those outside of 2 and I'm just saying its better to wait and see on them. And you don't have 23 spots either, between qualifiers and friendlies your player pool is a larger number. 23 is just the tournament final squad. Majority of our senior NT players have only played like 1 youth tournament.

from those 12, 10 are German players, 1 is neither and 1 is with Turkey. So they are already with us to begin with.
    Also 4/10 who are with Germany are provisionally cap tied to us, so if they want to ever switch to Turkey they have to apply for a 1 time switch. Guys like Aydin, Gedikli, Cencoglu have yet to play competitive games as 02-03 don't play them until 2019-2020 but based on selections all 3 are likely to be provisionally cap tied too. Gorkem Can being injured is one reason as to why he's only played friendlies but now is fit and seems likely to be Schalke U19's starter next season so getting called up again is possible.

so given a good chunk of those are with us already, it makes sense to have a wait and see approach, especially since those 12 do seem headed towards 1st division either next season or in the next few seasons.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

from that, youth are
    OBM, J.Meier, Will

shame that Mai and Evina are getting back into shape but should be back in August. Guys like Shabani, Fein and others should also be in the squad as the WC players are still absent. But the more some impress the more they could get 1st team chances during the season.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    look who got 1st team chances and scored. Not 100% sure but I believe it's the 1st game he's played, seems like Kleindienst wasn't in the squad which explains why he got playing time.

even though he's basically option #6 for CF. It's why I don't get why Freiburg got Waldschmidt when they have Daferner? And even more annoying is that Nieland had to join Freiburg II and is option #7.....

according to TM, Nieland only has a 1 year contract at Freiburg II. Let's hope he impresses enough to go to a higher level. Although perplexing how his ex teammate Y.Otto found a 3rd Liga gig while he's in 4th division/RL.

17. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    How good is Rhein supposed to be? I heard he’s the best midfield prospect Germany has had in a long time. Any of these others kids have NT potential?

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he's very highly rated and most people compare him to Toni Kroos. So he could be his successor.

as for the other 03, them and Rhein are German U15 players,except for Denk who's been injured. So they already are on that path.If they weren't good, Bayern wouldn't have so many 15 year olds playing U17 next season.

Rac93 repped this.
  19. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    Sounds exciting. Hoping to see a kimmich-Rhein-Havertz midfield one day.

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what's interesting about Fust, is that he's DM/LB the opposite of Kimmich who's a DM/RB, lol. He's been playing LB more but plenty think he's also a good DM.

there is also Mbom but yeah our midfield could be stacked up if these guys and more pan out.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    a piece on OBM and how quickly he made in impact in his 1st Bayern II game.
    https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/b...erzeugt-bei-regionalliga-debuet-10046940.html

speaking of Denk, looks like he's mentoring this 12 year old called Adrijon Ibrahimovic (no relation, lol). Both of them originally come from FCN.

"The name speaks for football quality, polarization and success.
    Arijon Ibrahimovic was discovered by Hans Schuller at the age of 5 years at a junior tournament of his older brother. Always with the ball on the foot, an optimal posture and technique in the actions, he led his can play between the tournament games.

Although Arijon was not active in any football club, his passion and enthusiasm for the sport became apparent. Very far ahead of other children of the same age as regards ball handling, game intelligence, coordination, agility and speed.

Hans Schuller brought him into his team to SpVgg Greuther Fürth, where Arijon was trained for 3 years and matured to become a leader and absolute leader.

From the U10 he moved to the NLZ of 1 FC Nuremberg and played for another 4 years for the big traditional club. His development went steadily uphill, as a performer and captain for his team, he also cleared numerous trophies, titles and special prizes.

This constant performance also much other top clubs in Germany among others the record champions FC Bayern Munich. FC Bayern secures its services in the long term and will take Arijon to the next level in the coming years. Now it is time to stay healthy and continue playing football with fun and joy.
    Arijon has fulfilled his big dream of playing for FC Bayern wearing the shirt number 10.
    http://hs-sport-vision.de/ibrahimovic-aijon/

the 12 year old is already in Bayern U14 for next season.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    concerning 03-Luca Denk, I just remembered that he made the Bayern U17 bench once last season while he was still only 14 years old. Then got injured for majority of the season so he missed his chance to make his debut. Even with missing more than half the season he got promoted to the U17 for next season anyways. As he impressed pre-injury and he's supposed to be back fit like around now.

meanwhile Augsburg had another friendly.
    Asta and Roesch both started while Malone came off the bench and drew a PK that wasn't scored. While new players in Petkov and Deger made their debuts along with 2 German-Croats who play for Croatia.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not sure whether to laugh or cry.:laugh::cry:

this federation is so dumb and explains why some players are left out because of favoritism, aka bolded. :rolleyes: Herrmann was always ignored because the coach didn't like him and he was coach for 3 years/levels.

SEASONAL TRANSITION: U-TRAINER CONTINUE THREE-YEAR-RHYTHM FORT
    In the field of U-national teams of the DFB there is a uniform coach model since the 2016/2017 season. Every three years, the U-coaches accompany the respective year from U 15 to U 17, before taking on a new U 15 class again. The same procedure applies to the area of U 18 to U 20. Only the U 21 national team with DFB coach Stefan Kuntz is excluded from this rotation.

"The three-year period allows our coaches to accompany, promote and develop their respective U-national team and the whole year more intensively," says Joti Chatzialexiou. The Sporting Leader National Teams also sees other benefits in this: "We want to give players, coaches and functional teams more cooperation, and our common goal is to train as many young players as possible and bring them to the senior team."

In view: Three European Championships and a World Cup
    In his work Chatzialexiou is supported by Meikel Schönweitz, who acts as sports director of the U-national teams from the U 15 to the U 21. Marcus Sorg forms the interface between the A- and the U-national teams. The trio serves as the point of contact for all sporting topics that arise around the U-national teams.

The DFB coaches will also serve "their" vintages in 2018/2019 according to the three-year cycle. In the area from the U 15 to the U 17 Michael Prus (U 15), Christian Wück (U 16) and Michael Feichtenbeiner (U 17) will be active. In the area from the U 18 to the U 20 will act Frank Kramer (U 18), Guido Streichsbier (U 19) and Meikel Schönweitz (U 20). The U 21 will continue to be coached by Stefan Kuntz and his assistants Antonio Di Salvo and Daniel Niedzkowski. With the U 21-EURO in Italy, the U 19-EURO in Armenia, the U 17-EURO in Ireland and the U 17-WM in Peru, the DFB-Juniors can reach a total of four final round tournaments in 2019.

[​IMG]

so instead of firing the bomb that is Prus, he gets reassigned to the the U15s. Only benefit is that U15 are usually camps during the year with only 2 friendlies at the end of the year. But the man should have been fired. And the guy is obsessed with false 9 and other idiocies, will he ignore players? And then we read how youth levels are about developing players and giving them experience. I saw none of that with Prus. But it means that Prus will accompany the 04 group for 3 years.

blunder #2 Meikel Schönweitz, after failing to make the U19 EC and U20 WC because of stupidity gets moved to the U20 who are nothing but friendlies.

did this blunder get a promotion?:cautious:
    In his work Chatzialexiou is supported by Meikel Schönweitz, who acts as sports director of the U-national teams from the U 15 to the U 21.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's even more impressive when you add D.Otto's assists.

he averaged 2 goals or assists per game last season and a goal every 72 minutes. Made his pro debut at 18 for Hoff in EL and did well in the 13ish minutes he played. On top of being the U19 Sud/Sudwest top scorer.

Kiprit who was the U19 Nord/Nordost top scorer also made the list. As for the West, even though Steinkotter won the West top scorer, had Kruger played the same amount of games as everyone ahead of him he would likely have won the West top scorer, he played between 4-5 games less than everyone ahead while only being 4 goals behind Steinkotter. Although I don't think he'll make the list, as this seems more about players that are highly likely to play 1BL next season, which seems less likely for him. Too much competition at Schalke 1st team, if not there he goes to Schalke II or goes on loan/permanent move to 2BL or Eredivisie, seems more likely his options over 1st team.

other who currently are on that list currently 10 have been released out of 20.
    Evina, Mai, Kade, Kiprit, D.Otto, Bennetts, and Maina

at the end of the day, this unfinished list won't take into account plenty who are getting loans or breakthrough throughout the 2018-2019 season. As well as guys who are ignored from the list but impress next season Next season is the last in the U19 for the 00 group and a huge amount of them already have pro contracts.

Epitome990 repped this.