German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. III [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Florian Neuhaus with a nice finish as 1860 Munich finally level it up at 1-1 vs Jahn Regensburg in the playoffs.

timh19 and Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    taking over Adler's place?

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Possibly. He should also be a better option for them than Mathenia as well.

Ger90 repped this.
  4. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    How was his performance ?

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    agreed he's better than Mathenia. If he does move he'll be in the Bundesliga for the 1st time in his career. Will be cool to see him play there?

it's nice to see the youth keepers making jumps to 1st division between Pollersbeck and Wellenreuther. Here's hoping both become #1 at their clubs.

you think he'll be the #1 at the U21?

timh19 repped this.
  6. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Have you watched them in a full match? Or you are basing your opinion off of stats,highlights and articles? Don't you rate Mai, Evina, Herrmann and Alonso?

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    He did well in that moment to score. Providing one of the rare bright moments for Sechzig.
    Decent display overall, showing some good technical touch and passing ability. But not the most influential, which is understandable considering everything else going around him. His team as a whole really lacked cohesion and didn't work well to create many quality chances. Regensburg outplayed them for majority of the match leading up to that point. After equalizing, Sechzig immediately had a player sent off for picking up his second yellow. On a separate incident afterwards, they were fortunate to not lose this one after conceding a penalty which ended up getting saved.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looks like it'll be between Pollersback and Schwäbe for that #1 job. But I think Pollersback has done more this season to earn that.

Ger90 repped this.
  9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I left off players I haven't seen full games of to judge or be convinced by...which is why I didn't do the 2001ers at all.

timh19 repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Gnabry to be offered a new contract option with double his current salary.

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Interview with Vitaly Janelt (back on May 6):

http://www.reviersport.de/351231---bochum-janelt-spricht-ueber-sein-erstes-halbes-jahr-beim-vfl.html

Vitaly Janelt, you have been in Bochum for more than three months and have made the leap into the team in record time. Did it surprise you that it was so fast?

It really went really fast. First, for me to get used to being here, I trained with the pros and played at the U19. I think I found myself at the VfL Bochum quickly. It has gone well and I think I have shown a solid performance. I would also like to be part of the last three games of the season.

Has your own development surprised you in the last few weeks?

Yes, of course, even if a player can not go fast enough. After my 45-minute 2.BL debut in Sandhausen, I could not count on the fact that I am still in the start-up. Finally, I will be only 19 years old next week. I am aware that it will not always go on like this and that there may be times setbacks. Therefore, I will continue to work hard on myself and also provide the necessary patience if it does not run as currently. If I am quite honest, then I was hoping that I might get another, two assignments with the pros in the Rückrunde. What happened now just makes me happy.

How do you like the VfL?

We have a team of super people. The surroundings fit with the great training conditions, which are perfect and the people in the Ruhr area are totally open and friendly. Since I have no problems, because I am already from Hamburg and went to live in Leipzig for two and a half years alone. My family comes to my home games, so I have a lot of support.

After the kick-off from the U19 at RB Leipzig, many VfL fans asked themselves whether you are a ruffian.

No, I am not an angel, but I am one who has learned from his mistakes and who knows what is important in professional football. I'm clever enough to know that I have to do everything I can to get my performance on the pitch. I will not allow myself any serious mistakes outside of the field.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We are currently 3rd in the best 3rd place. With 2 GS left. But even if the 3rd in Group F overtakes us, the ones in Group E, such as Vietnam and Honduras who are playing each other, have such a bad GD that one needs to trash the other heavily in order to overtake us.

timh19 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we qualified!!!!
    as the 3rd out of 4 best 3rd place team.

we now play Zambia in the round of 16, on May 31.

timh19 repped this.
  15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    IMG_8499.JPG

Janni Serra's latest IG post . Looks like he is either loaned or transferred to Hertha Berlin.

Actually not a bad move

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ger90 repped this.
  17. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    That's a nice move for Serra. He has the pace and physicality to play in the Bundesliga. I think he is ready to play at that level. Dardai will have to rotate a lot because of the Europa League participation so Serra should get sufficient playing time.

Ger90 repped this.
  18. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    1860's (usually) fantastic academy seems to be going down the drain. Apparently their U16s,U17s and U19s all got relegated this season. It's devastating :(

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's Serra's competition
    -Kalou
    -Schieber
    -Ibisevic

New entries: Matthew Leckie
    Out: Sami Allagui

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leckie n Kalou shouldn't be direct competitiors since most of the time they play at the wings

Schieber is always injured ...

So he is most likely Ibisevic's primary backup

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is he really going back to Schalke? For all we know he's getting another loan somewhere?the transfer market doesn't open until July.

I know that Schalke have loaned out Bernard Tekpetey to Bochum and Huntelaar seems out.
    so that's less competition.

also concerning Schieber, he's pretty average player.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and their 1st team is playing the relegation playoff and they too might be relegated....

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting that Odisseas Vlachodimos might have a shot at CL football next season.
    Marko Marin is playing CL as his team won the Greek League.

now for the Europe playoff. #1 gets CL 3rd qualifying round, while the others get EL.
    1-AEK 5 games played GD +1 9 pts
    2-Panathinaikos 4 games played GD +1 8 pts
    3-PAOK 4 games played GD 0 8 pts

Panionios qualified for last place and are going to EL 2nd qualifying round. This is Samed Yesil's team.

they play 6 games total, and Panathinaikos have the current advantage.

Epitome990 repped this.
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Sechzig have decent talents up until the '97 and '98 age groups with the likes of Uduokhai, Neuhaus, Pongracic, Jakob, Daferner, and the departing Justvan.

But from '99 and onwards it looks like the academy system is not quite the same. Could also be impacted by the pressure and resources of larger clubs with more extensive efforts into the recruiting pool.

25. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Bayern are now taking the best Bavarian talent. Their '99s and '00s are strong.