German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. II [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope u r right, the boys need some action. They should be on loan if there is no realistic chance. Too talented to be wasted on the bench.

Comparing Jordanov and Draxler can be tricky since their style of play is different. Technically speaking, Jordanov is in the category of the Argentines: first touch, dribbling, acceleration on the ball, close control, vision, final pass. Two games into 2nd BL and he has three defenders on yellow cards. One area where Draxler is better is finishing but again it is difficult to read much into this given how early their development is.

2. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can will likely make the first team next year, I'd imagine to replace Pranjic. Perhaps a loan may do him some good at a weak BL club where he could start though, similar to Alaba who benefited from it.

3. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Weiser, his teammate from Koln, Can and Yesil are a year younger than Jordanov and already made the first team in the last couple of weeks.

I don't think it's fair, but young attacking midfielders will only find it more and more difficult to fight into the Nt. How many years can Jordanov wait??

Gotze, Merkel, Leitner, Herrmann, Schuerrle, Hotlby and others are 1-2 years older but already way ahead in terms of development. it's not like Jordanov is playing at a position where we desperately need new blood, like we were before 2006

We need fullbacks and strikers. Sad(for young midfielders), but that's the reality.
    Harthez, Jantschke, Diekmeier, Da Costa n Rudiger may or may not be as talented as Jordanov but they'll be under Loew's radar becoz they play at a position where we have tools like Aogo n Marcel Jansen as options;

Lowe mentioned Mlapa in his previous interview, entirely becoz we dot have much options other than Klose and Gomez at CF. Podolski n Schurrle may have some playing time there but I think they are options at LW for Loew. Then we're talking about Cacau, Kiessling or Hanke.... that makes it easier for young strikers like Lasogga, Mlapa, Volland, Polter or even Fullkrug, Ducksch and Samed Yesil to breakthrough in the coming years

Jordanov...unless he is as talented as Gotze, I doubt it will be as easy for
    Jim to make it to the NT

4. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Agreed on that, but at the moment, Podolski seems most likely to give up his position given his lack of creativity. However, the midfield does look entirely packed, though Khedira too, looks like he is still fighting to keep his place. So it's not entirely that. In terms of AM however, we have oezil, gotze, kroos and reus who are all looking for first team time.

5. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I m optimistic aobut the future of Can's

Can's best position is at CM/DM but at the same time, he can play comfortably well at CB too. A position where we can still have an upgrade. Howedes, Mertesacker n Badstuber are.......meh

Hummels is the only top tier CB we have at the moment. I like Wollscheid too but he isnt much younger than the other CB options

BTW, Schurrle has been used as striker in recent weeksm next to Kiessling. Still no in form though

6. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Won't be easy with so many DFB talents coming through the system but based on skill and attitude(heart) I'd say he has a very good chance making it. DFB factories are producing AM and wingers by the dozens but becuase Jordanov hasn't been in the system too long may have worked to his advantage allowing him time to develop his raw talent on the ball. This diversity, jordanov assimilation of DFB training methods and honing his own skills @ Rostock's youth system, might allow him to leapfrog the competition.

Any casual connection between DFB's training methods and the lack of good CBs and strikers?

Too much team teamwork instead of balanced approach which allows the strikers and wingers to take on defenders and as result defenders improving their 1-1 skills. With so much effort focused on teamwork and serving the creative players no wonder the DFB is producing so many attacking midfielders.

7. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Can somebody explain to me what the ******** he is talking about ?

8. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Today(Monday), Sonny Kittel made his long waited comeback after missing 10 months of action.He played in the last 10 min for Eintracht.

9. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol

10. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I dont remember making that post. Did you just change my quote ?
    Anyway, I did not understand your previous comment. It does make sense.

11. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kittel is another talent born in 1993 whose development is way ahead of Jordanov.

Kittel was already a player in the 1BL at the age of 17. Jordanov is nearly 19, new months younger than Gotze, Leitner and Merkel for example, and apparently Schuerrle, Holtby, Kroos n Herrman are not too much older.

Its unfair and discouraging for young attacking midfielders, but u need to be VERY VERY good and proving urself in top teams

Even Bittencourt, who has been great this season, and has established himself in the first team ealrier than Jordanov and has more recognition in DFB wont be easy. And Jordanov? I dunno about him. Jordanov is not even very highly rated in the DFB youth teams

1993 age group, though, have better talents like Ruediger, Da costa, Bittencourt, Kittel, Draxler, Fullkrug, Harthez,Tyrbull...and some are first-team regular in the top teams already.

12. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Looks like Maxmilian Beister will be heading to Gladbach as a direct replacement of Reus.

13. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    From the players in the u21s, another one just starts playing regularly in the Bundesliga. Jan Kirchhoff plays as a defender for Mainz, sometimes as a defensive midfielder. He is a skinny giant like Mertesacker. In fact, they even look alike.

14. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Immanuel Höhn and Oliver Sorg did exceptionally well today, they're aged 20 and 21, respectively - I was incredibly impressed by them. Shut out Ribery, Kroos and gomez like it was no ones business. Exquisite.

Also, good to know these clubs are picking up talented youngsters and giving them plenty of time to develop.I am fairly certain this is not the last time we have heard from these two.

15. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Streich did really well with Freiburg's youth teams in his time in charge and got many players promoted to the first team so he's going to give a lot of young players a chance. That's one of the reasons I want Freiburg to stay in the Bundesliga.

16. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Good match for Jordanov, Hansa drew 0-0. Isolated most of the match still managed to set up two clear chances for Mintal. Overall nothing new, the usual: great close control, first touch, phenomenal pace.

17. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I just read from an article that Jordanov got a 1.5 rating on his debut and man of the match. He contributed to Hansa's ONLY SECOND WIN OF THE SEASON. That's not bad at all.

How can I watch highlights of 2 Bundesliga matches ?

Also, Sonny Kittel scored a goal this weekend.This was only his 2nd match after the long injury. He scored 2 min after coming on in the 67 min. His team Eintract Frankfurt won 6-1 vs FSV Frankfurt.

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yesil update, scored in his first game of the year, up to 10 in 14 matches now, leads the league in scoring as well.

19. Chewbaccara

Chewbaccara Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    You will find highlights of most 2BL matches on youtube. The win in which Jordanov featured can be watched here:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rfiT3X9sP4"]21.Spieltag: Hansa Rostock : MSV Duisburg 4:2 - YouTube[/ame]

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    This guy looks like another Klopp/Tuchel in the making. With the youth squad, he won the 2006,2009 and 2011 junior DFB Cup and A Junioren Bundesliga in 2008. Under his direction, many youth players made the leap to the pros including : Dennis Aogo, Jonathan Pitroipa,Daniel Schwaab,Eke Uzoma,Oemer Toprak and Oliver Baumann. The performance and result against Bayern were very impressive. The average age of the team was just under 23. He's won five points in 5 games. 3 of those games were against Werder,Wolfsburg(away) and Bayern. That's very good. Johannes Flum was fantastic against Bayern.

He scored another yesterday. That's 11 goals in 15 games.Still topscorer. Marvin Ducksch also scored yesterday - his 9th in 14 matches.

Yesil's 10th goal can be seen here http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=4095
    Also in this video, you can see maximilian meyer(age of 16) making his debut for Schalke u19 and in some style. Great assist for the first goal and very good composure to score the third. He plays for Germany u17. Smithfan praised Meyer 2-3 ago and he certainly looks like a very talented playmaker.

21. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

@ 1:15 the defender was like 10 yards in front of him when he took off.lol

In the 0-0 draw this week, Hansa was missing a central midfielder who was linking up well with Jordanov;this isolated him.

His one touch pass and close control is phenomenal but the speed in which he was doing it the last match is just unbelievable.

--

22. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U16 Spain - U16 Germany 1:2 (0:1)
    Aufstellung:
    Spanien

Canedo
    Vega (41. Marin), Canizares (64. Diez), Quintilla, Manresa
    Sabater (41. Jo. Fernandez), Febas (57. Martinez)
    Traore, Ja. Fernandez (64. Sanchez), Delgado
    Sarmiento (41. Cornejo)

Deutschland

Husic
    Nkansah, Tah, Lieder (41. Brauer), Ghandour
    Kranitz (41. Ebot-Echi), Landwehr
    Parker (79. Iddrisu), Öztunali (80. Dierßen), Brandt (79. Kurt)
    Werner (80. Bodenröder)

Statistik:
    Goals

0:1 Tah (16.)
    0:2 Brandt (62.)
    1:2 Martinez (73.)

23. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Smithfan, you should come more often on this thread. Please take a few min per week to tell us your views on a player or two you've been impressed in the weekend. For example, do you rate highly Federico-Palacios Martinez from Wolfsburg's U17s? 14 matches 19 goals. He is 5ft7 tall ? So I guess small but very skillful.

24. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Benkarit is the best striker prospect after Yesil and Ducksch

I think he is even a more Bundesliga ready player now than Ducksch... But Ducksch has more potential than anyone on the list

Timo Werner from the U16 looks very very talented too.

25. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    This match was the first of two friendlies.They will play again tomorrow(Thursday). I found that Marca TV will be broadcasting the match tomorrow. It will be at 14:00 (GMT+1). I will certainly be watching it. Adama Traore from Barcelona is a very promising player from Spain and of course I want to see Oztunali,Werner and the others.