German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. II [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Was one of the best talents of Dortmund's youth academy until that bloody Kreuzbandriss (cruciate ligament rupture). Never quite played afterwards like people had thought he could before this injury despite showing glimpses of that now and then, but still a solid youth player. Good luck.

But please don't tell Kirsten that his parents are Russian-Germans.:p

2. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :)
    But why Wenger is interested in a "solid youth player"? And pays around 500.000 for him?
    He is already 19, so also no real option anymore for developing him in the Arsenal youth system. What does Wenger see in him?
    The fourth german now at Arsenal.

3. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's the compensation according to the FIFA regulations.

Maybe he sees the player that many including me saw in him before his injury. Who knows. He wouldn't have played a big role in Dortmund, so why not try it at a great club like Arsenal in a beautiful city and get some foreign experience?
    Arsenal is more and more looking at the German market, Wenger is not a fool. He knows what's happening here with all those talents coming up and Serge Gnabry is obviously a great advertisement for German football.
    Still, no reason to get excited just because the club name is "Arsenal" now and not Dortmund, Bayern or whatever.

4. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    If players stopped developing at 19, then there would be no decent players in the world of football.

He will train with Arsenal's first team every day but in the end of the week he will play with the reserves. After that, we will see - either a loan move next season or if he impresses maybe a chance with the first team because Ramsey disappoints in the number 10 role.

5. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mukhtar is a typical No.10 player that Germany seems to be producing plenty of these days. Good vision, very skillful, good pace, lacks tactical awareness. Right now, Gnabry and Meyer are still ahead.

Marcel Hilßner is indeed very interesting. He's got a great left foot, he can play both Leftback as well as attacking midfield. I guess he will end up on the left in the next years, either a defender or a winger. (For Germany, he plays as left winger, Dudziak plays leftback). Qualities? Great shot (his left foot is really a weapon), good setpieces, dynamic, can play the final pass.

The key players of this age group are Leon Goretzka (defensive midfield), Serge Gnabry (attacking midfield, winger), Niklas Süle (Central defense) and Said Benkarit (Striker). But there are really lots of promising midfielders in this age group, fair play to Hilßner, Meyer, Greshake, Mukhtar, Steinmann and Co.

Uns Levin was used both as a Rightback and a defensive midfielder for Germany. My opinion: He's rubbish as a defender and promising as a midfielder, but nothing special yet.

6. motorcycle

motorcycle New Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    My first post here, so hello! I became a fan of German football and their youth setup after watching the under 17 world cup in Mexico this year. I am wondering what are the best ways to follow youth football for the Bundesliga? In particular the U19 and U17s. I saw one poster linked to a Rostock game on youtube, are full games often put on here or on club's websites? Are games streamed live (legally) anywhere? What are the best websites to read reports from games? Thank you :)

7. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://tv.dfb.de/live/index.php?live=list

Next Livestream:
    12.02.2012, 11:00 U19-Junioren-Bundesliga: 1. FC Köln - VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach

Highlights of the German national youth teams (home games) are here:

http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?s=1&c=19&p=1

Highlights of the U19 Bundesliga (updated weekly):

http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?s=1&c=44&p=1

8. motorcycle

motorcycle New Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Thank you very much, that is what I was searching for :) How often are live games streamed for U19s please? The upcoming schedule says the next live stream (after 12.02) is not until 21st April! Are there any websites that feature reports from youth games please?

9. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Correct, Germany needs to produce more defensive minded players in the mould of Hummels or Lahm. (Not sure if Hummels started as a defender however). Clearly, the current system emphasizes quick attacking football and over the last 2 years, talents have come from all around, and our midfield will most likely remain saturated for the next 3 years as well.

I believe players like Badstuber and to a greater degree Boateng, are only starters for the NT because of the leagues lack of proper defenders.

10. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I disagree.Defenders mature later than the other players. For me, the new generation starts from the players born in 1988(like Ozil,Sahin,Hummels,Howedes,Boateng). So the oldest players are still 23 very soon 24.So in my opinion you can not criticize the system just yet.Give it a full cycle(or at least around 5 years) and then you can judge. Boateng has made some mistakes but every top defender makes mistakes over the course of a season. Boateng has shown that he is developing into a top CB. He has barely played there to be honest. Germany have produced great defensive minded players like Khedira,Lars and Sven,Schmiedebach,Matip,Hummels(as you said) and some others already. Julian Koch will probably impress when he comes back from injury. Subotic lived in Germany as a child for five years and then came back at 18 so you could say he was developed a lot in Germany.
    Another point is that because there are so many great attacking players coming through, they make the defenders look worse than they actually are.

11. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wollscheid has great potential too.

12. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Point well made.

13. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Eisfeld made his debut(played in the first half) for Arsenal's reserves two days ago. Gnabry who is only 16 is already playing at that level. Both impressed in this match. They combined well for the first goal which was scored by Ansah while Gnabry scored the second in a 2-0 win over Swansea.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-jXwHH2oZc&feature=g-all-u&context=G227720fFAAAAAAAAAAA"]Swansea vs Arsenal Reserves - YouTube[/ame]

14. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jordanov just made his debut for Rostock and as expected was impressive particularly in 2nd half when he moved to the wing. At the end of game he had a great chance to tie the game but had his shot blocked. His movement in that play showed both his greatness and inexperience.

Great debut.

15. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nice debut by midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu (17)for Karlsruhe, two assists. Even more talented than Jordanov in my eyes;) Once played for the DFB in the same 94er team with all the turkish-germans. Now for the turkish U-18. Nevermind, he is the kind of player Germany produces a lot of these days.

16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Can he dribble against the seasoned pros ?

17. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His natural instinct is to take defenders every chance he gets something he excels at. Vs. Bochum the defenders hacked him half dozen times in the 2nd half but still he kept coming. His biggest strength is his close control. His acceleration with the ball is phenomenal. I have seen Ozil and Gotze develop, the best dribblers in German football, but Jordanov is miles ahead of everyone in this respect. Still, he is only 18 and made his professional debut today.

18. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Wollscheid is a beast, big fan of him. I don't think the is giving 100% since he signed the contract with Leverkusen. That is my opinion. lol His positional awareness is an average at best; he doesn't make the extra hassle like he used to. May be @ Leverkusen he will see the beast Nuremberg signed.

19. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "Hoffnung schöpft Wolf vor allem auch aus den Vorstellungen der Youngster Edisson Jordanov, Tom Weilandt und Kevin Pannewitz, wobei die beiden letzteren von der Bank kamen: “Sie haben sofort Schwung gebracht. Wir haben insgesamt dann auch schneller nach vorne gespielt. Edi Jordanov war überragend, der beste Mann auf dem Platz."

Good to c his coach sharing my views. To have a coach like that would only help Jordanov develop better. With more games like this he should be getting an invitation from Hrubesch's under 19. In my view he would be the best player in that squad.

[​IMG]

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    He is not going to be the best player in the squad. Draxler is already doing great in the Bundesliga. Bittencourt has done well in 2 Bundesliga and is going to Dortmund. Mendler has played in the Bundesliga and has represented Germany u18 and u19 and scored a lot of goals.Nico Schulz,Danny da Costa, Rudiger,Hartherz,Trybull ......

If the coach says he was outstanding then I imagine he will play every match from now on so that's great. Hopefully, he will develop more quickly. If he makes it big, he will be a joy to watch.Good luck to him.

21. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jordanov impresses again, involved three of the four goals.

[​IMG]

u follow story like this and u would wonder what Emre Can and Yesil are doing on the bench for big teams. They should be on loan and gaining experience.

22. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Oh shit, you could be right. Hansa won 4-2 against Duisburg today.

They are a year younger than him. Give them time. They will make it eventually. No need to worry.

23. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They're developing just fine I'd say. Both were invited to their clubs respective winter training camps and are continuing to train with the first team. Yesil made the squad a couple of weeks ago. Bayern you always have to judge individually but the way both clubs are going theres no reason why they shouldn't play a part next season.

24. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Jordanov is born in 1993, u shouldnt compare him to Emre Can n Yesil. Instead he should be compared to players in the 1993 age group

Jordanov is not the best player in that age group. Not at all. Draxler is a better player already with much higher ceiling; Bittoncourt, Mendler, da Costa,Rudiger,Hartherz,Trybull and Fullkrug all played ahead of Jordanov and these talents are rated higher in the junior NT.

You do nt have to worry about Yesil's future, he'll be a star. and i m sure Leverkusen has a plan for him, they rejected Arsenal's offer few months ago.

25. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yesil looks very talented for sure, we'll be spoilt with attacking options in about 3 -4 years I'd say. Draxler too looks talented, just not too sure how he is doing at the moment.