Review: German Players Performance Thread 15/16

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  3. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Can has really profited from Gerrard leaving and Klopp arriving. Serious candidate for Euro 2016 for me, especially due to his versatility.

nekkibasara repped this.
  4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    11freunde about yesterday:

"This guy, who was unsuccessfully trying for 90 minutes to kick the ball at himself, who was desperately trying for 90 minutes to follow some ********ing tactical orders, jumps up for a header - and just scores. He just scores. Noble simplicity, silent greatness! That is the way Horst Hrubesch, Dieter Hoeneß, Dieter Schatzschneider used to do it. All men, who were around before this super intelligent Pep came up. And what they did is still right today: 2:2! The winning goal against Pep and his highly complicated athleticism? Maybe. Madness? That too. Müller, I want to have a cup with you!"

dips82 repped this.
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Bernd Leno is considering leaving Leverkusen this summer and can go for around 18 Mio. Red Bull is mentioned as interested in signing him lol.

6. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Ugh, Red Bull. Good idea for Leno to get out of Leverkusen and challenge himself at a hopefully higher level though, Leverkusen are really going nowhere.

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Id like to see him or ter Stegen at Liverpool

P to the Wee repped this.
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #334 Epitome990, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Nagelsmann and his Hoffenheim squad continue to pick up steam. Up 2-0 on HSV already in the first half. Volland draws a penalty to create the first. And then quickly scores the second himself afterwards from an indirect free kick.

9. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not easy for Volland to get nominated in the Euro squad

Mueller n Bellarabi at RW
    Draxler, Oezil are in top form this season
    And as a LW? Reus n Schuerrle n Podolski are pretty much locks

Maybe as a striker behind Gomez. But mueller n Goetze will play there too. I m not even sure about Kruse

10. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's no need for Gomez. I'm glad he's doing well in his retirement league, but he's clogged up the attack for our NT enough times already.

And Bellarabi shouldn't be a lock by any means...nor should Poldi, even though I know that Jogi gunna Jogi on that one.

Der Müllerschaft and P to the Wee repped this.
  11. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Poldi is the future of this team. we should build the whole team around him

Rosebud repped this.
  12. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Still think so ?

13. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Without a doubt.

timh19 repped this.
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looking forward to the next video that shows Draxler vs Italy and nutmegging Darmian.

15. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's been terrific this season. Going to Wolfsburg was the right move.

16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    #342 timh19, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    I wouldn't call him terrific. He usually produces at least one or two moments of brilliance in every game but he can also be invisible for large spells of a match. I want to see him take more responsibility on the pitch. It's true that he has made some progress this season but he needs to do more.

I think he should have gone to Juventus. It's a much more demanding environment. You can't go through the motions there. Also, there are a lot of experienced players with winning mentality ( Buffon, Chiellini, Evra, Marchisio, etc). He could have learned so much more at Juve (and would have played with some of the best young players in the world in Morata, Pogba and Dybala).

17. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Good analysis

18. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gomez will be in the squad if he stays fit, and will play a major part in the Euros. He's got something that few other forward options can offer, and I think Löw appreciates that. Having a focal point to your attack, and having someone guaranteed to be in the box when the ball is delivered, is a must at any level.

Gomez is a proper penalty box striker, that type of player will always be an asset.

BorisG and Dage repped this.
  19. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you have a time machine with which to make these statements true? Cause they're not anymore. What actually is a must now-a-days, at least at the top level, is for your strikers to have some functionality outside of the opposing 6-yard box; which is a part of the game in which Gomez fails spectacularly.

And I know the Mez will probably be there...thus my previous posts lamenting Jogi's incompetence. As a plan-B who gets ~10 minutes in the third group match, I'd have fewer qualms about bringing him along. But that would mean trusting Jogi not to sabotages the team again by starting Mario and clogging up the final third.

P to the Wee and timh19 repped this.
  20. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Goals win games. To get goals consistently you need to spend the majority of your time in the box. Gomez does this.

Anyway you make it sound as if he is completely incapable of linking up with team mates, which is not true imo. If Germany had a world class no. 9 like Lewandowski to take instead, then obviously Gomez wouldn't play. But he has enough about him to make him a useful option, and the only proper 9 that Germany currently have.

And "incompetent" Jogi won the World Cup, so maybe it's worth trusting that a lot of his decisions on players and tactics might actually be a little bit more educated then those coming from fans?

Dage repped this.
  21. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To get goals you need to create space for finishers to do their thing, and to increase the number of times they can be set up to so. The best way to accomplish this is be pulling defenses out of position, bringing goal-threats from different angles, and ensure that everyone in the team is proficient at working together into tight spaces. Gomez does none of this.

We have many better Forward options than Gomez...at least when it comes to beating quality teams, not merely wailing on outgunned-minnows/apathetic-friendly-defenses...oh so many options: Thomas Mueller, Max Kruse, Marco Reus, Kevin Volland, Julian Draxler, Lars Stindl, Andrea Schurrle, etc.

Jogi won the World Cup despite his best efforts, having already f***ed up our previous chances at silverware. If he had failed again; at a tournament in which Spain & Italy were doing everything in their power to hand it to us; it would've been a historic failure.

timh19 repped this.
  22. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reus, Schürrle, Draxler and Stindl are not no. 9's,

Müller can be but it's not his best position imo. Volland is a possibility, but he hasn't yet scored many goals at the highest level yet, and Kruse has talent but has off the field issues.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Huge statement made in Gladbach's 5-0 win vs Hertha. Especially as the season winds down and battle for those top 4 spots heat up. Hahn and Herrmann with goals, while Dahoud adds a brace of assists. Jantschke also makes his comeback entering the match in the closing frame.

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria