Review: German Players Development Discussion - 2017/18

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 3, 2017.

1. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #101 MatthausSammer, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Because there are too many players who are more talented than him. Schürrle is a limited player; his decision-making is poor, his technique and passing is highly suspect. He works well enough in a supersub role because he has speed, good positional scoring instincts, and will work his rear off, but he is not NT calibre, given how many starting quality players we have at his position. Reus will be at the WC health permitting, Sanè, if he progresses even further at City, will be knocking for a spot, and you know Draxler will be there assuming he doesn't implode next season. Beyond that, the likes of Brandt and Stindl have to be kept in mind, particularly Stindl given how he impressed when given his shot. There simply isn't room. Even less so when you consider that other Löw faves like Götze and Özil could be integrated as wingforwards in the new 343 we're running.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -seems like Gnabry might go to loan to Hoff
    -the Bender twins are reunited as Sven goes from Dortmund to Bayer
    -seems like Bastian Oczipka is getting a Schalke medical
    -Pierre-Michel Lasogga might move to Hannover, which if it happens could open chances to Hahn, Arp, and Waldschmidt

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Samed Yesil scored 2 goals in the CL qualifier as Panionios beat Gorica 2-0,

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gnabry to Hoff is official!

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It is funny - this guy you are talking of is since years providing the most goals and the most assists in decisive matches for Germany. Since 2014 only Neymar is slightly better when only taking competitive matches for the national team...

Maybe you just overvalue some kind of skills - but just forget to value others. His performances and the data to it just suggests that there is not just one way to be good - even if FIFA and the algorithm for that game tells you different. His numbers - and it is just the goals and he for sure had his numbers in the World Cup qualifiers when he had 5 goals and 4 assists in the 5 qualifiers he played (in which he just against San Marino did not participate in the decisive goal...) in the Bundesliga this season might be lower because of a goal drought - but he was still one of the best assistants in Europe - and things will change. But - even if you need good club results to get into the team or if you are not one of the usual starting eleven - that does not count for Löw for the ones that always prove their value for the team.

Müller has done that over the years - and despite the Euros has already proven it afterwards. He is one of the captains that holds the team together. Even if some of you think about the newest shiny star - Müller will play right winger in the World Cup if he is not injured.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Samed Yesil scores his 3rd goal in EL today. 2 in the 1st leg and 1 in the 2nd leg.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/B...lke-seeking-fresh-start-in-capital-455383.jsp

Record signing Davie Selke seeking capital gains at Hertha Berlin

Hertha Berlin's Davie Selke is raring to get started with his new club as the capital outfit's record signing races to be ready for the new season.

Selke's spectacular summer saw him add a U21 EURO winner's medal to his collection as well as swap RB Leipzig for Hertha, becoming the most expensive acquisition in the club's 125-year history.

Frustratingly, an ankle injury sustained in Germany's semi-final win against England meant Selke had to watch his team-mates lift the trophy from the sidelines in Krakow. The 22-year-old has also been left kicking his delicate heels while his new team-mates get stuck into the sweltering, muscle-straining work of pre-season.

'Very positive'
    "It's tough as a new arrival to only be able to watch. The boys get to know you best out on the pitch. So I hope I can take part in full training as soon as possible, but it'll be up to the medical team to decide that. "I'm in good hands here. It's clear the boys have worked really well in the last two weeks. I have a bit of catching up to do," said Selke.

"Everything is very positive. I have been very warmly welcomed. It's a family environment. And I have already found a place to live. I don't like being in a hotel at all, so I always try to find something quickly. I haven't had to sing in front of the whole team yet, but I don't think I'll get out of it."

Strides forward
    Having spent two seasons at Werder Bremen after leaving Hoffenheim, and then enjoyed another brace of Bundesliga campaigns in Leipzig, Selke has had ample opportunity to polish his initiation performance.

The rangy forward now hopes to find harmony at the Olympiastadion where he has seen significant strides forward under coach Pal Dardai.

'New step'
    "I want to get onto the pitch as soon as possible and help the team with my qualities. Hertha has developed well in recent years. I would like to get to know the boys, and contribute to what will hopefully be a successful season," said Selke, who will hope to improve on the four Bundesliga goals he struck last season.

"It's a new step for me, a new club, a new environment, new way of working, a new city. I'm looking forward to getting started and getting to know everything."

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Muller seems to be doing very well this preseason. I hope he continues this run of form and that it continues during the season ahead of the WC.

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Marko Marin had an assist in CL qualifier.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.espnfc.com/english-premi...conte-to-make-antonio-rudiger-a-better-player

Miroslav Klose backs Antonio Conte to make Antonio Rudiger a better player

SINGAPORE -- Miroslav Klose believes that Chelsea boss Antonio Conte will get the best out of Antonio Rudiger as Germany build towards the 2018 World Cup.

Klose says that Rudiger, signed from Roma this summer, can only benefit from playing under a head coach who knows how to organise a defence.

"One thing that's good for Rudiger at Chelsea is that he is playing under Antonio Conte, who is a phenomenal coach," former Germany striker Klose told ESPN FC. "This will definitely help his development.

"It's huge for the national team as well because he's got talent, and he's got all the skills. He just maybe needs a bit of time to make the next step but he can be very valuable for the German national team."

Rudiger did not feature in Chelsea's 3-2 International Champions Cup defeat to Bayern on Tuesday, having just arrived in Asia. He had been given extra time off after being part of the Germany squad that won the Confederations Cup.

Klose, who is in Singapore in an ambassadorial role with Bayern on their preseason tour of Asia, is convinced that Germany have the talent to retain the World Cup title that they won in 2014, but he recognises the need to get a couple of lucky breaks along the way.

"We have a great squad and so much talent available," Klose said. "I just hope that all of the young kids can get through the season without injuries so we can have all of that talent available for the World Cup.

"As you know, Germany always try to build a squad for tournaments and that's what has made us successful in the past. Our first aim is always to get out of the group stage and then at the knockout stage, anything can happen."

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    EL
    -Nils Petersen scores the only goal as Freiburg win 1-0
    -Odisseas Vlachodimos kept a clean sheet as his team won 1-0
    -Diego Contento at Bordeaux also won his game 2-1

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Marcel Halstenberg scores in RB Leipzig's 2-0 win vs Benfica.

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Raphael Framberger scored in Augsburg's 4-0 win vs Southampton.

@ 4:43

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria