Review: German Players Development Discussion - 2017/18

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jonas Hector is playing for the 1st time in ages as Koln are currently leading 1-0.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Marko Marin with his 5th goal of the season as he breaks into the top 10 in the scoring table in the Greek League, only 4 behind #1. And the win brings Olympiakos back to 1st place.

have to say from the 4 Germans in Greece: Marin, Yesil, Vlachodimos, and Epstein. That the 1st 3 should leave Greece at the end of the season. Vlachodimos for one seems headed towards Portugal/Benfica according to most reports at some point between now and Summer. Still leaves Marin and Yesil who should play at a higher level. While 31 year old Denis Epstein seems to be in his right level.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Would be nice to see Yesil playing at a higher level. But he'll need to further increase his scoring output within the Greek league in order to draw the attention of other clubs.

Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    still he's already at 7 goals in all competition this season. Should help his case but yeah he needs to do better in the league.Just a shame, that his 1 and half year injury ruined him. He'll most likely never be the same player.

although Marin's performance could attract some better league chances.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    The tough part with assessing Yesil is where his goals have come from. His 3 Europa League qualifer goals were against a Slovenian club in the earlier rounds. While his 2 Greek Cup goals were against second division sides.

Yesil needs to step up his League form and establish himself as a legit starter because that is where scouts will look for. Right now I don't think he's quite on the radar. He seems to still be a rotation player who bounces between starting and bench. When looking at transfer activities among the Greek league, it takes a promising youngster or a player who is a total standout in order to make the move to a larger league.

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like Oliver Kragl from Serie A side Crotone is going on loan to Serie B side Foggia for the rest of the season. He's had 5 games totaling 93 minutes played.

In terms of Germans in Serie B, there is also Tobias Pachonik at Carpi who are in contention for a Serie A promotion.

we also have some Germans who are currently in lower levels on loan like Nicola Guglielmelli from Serie A side Hellas Verona to Serie C side Prato and a few others I believe.

Epitome990 repped this.
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any news on Reus? Is he recovered?

I thought he was in training

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he's back in training was even part of the Winter camp but isn't ready to play matches yet.

… whether he'll make his comeback in February
    "We'll see. I haven't set myself a date by which I want to be back. It's hard to say, given the kind of injury it was, because there are still several steps I still need to take. But I'm positive and I think that in the next few weeks things will progress. Then we'll just have to wait and see."
    https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/...products&utm_term=english&utm_content=article

I recall somewhere else it was said he might be back mid-Feb. So from that and past reports between mid-Feb to mid March. He even stays in contact with Low, well at least the less he plays for Dortmund the more likely he'll be fit for the WC.

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So around 10 games before season ends? Should be rusty

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    uh, how? How many games did Gundo even play for Man City before the November 2017 friendlies for the NT which was his first time since Nov 2016, over a year. He also had injury problems, like one that took him out for almost a whole season. Let's be honest we only tied France because of him. He started the entire move that led to Werner's counter attack goal in that 2-2. And he was massive vs England too. Key player.

10 games doesn't make a player rusty. Besides Dortmund are still in EL so if they get far enough he could be also playing that as well.And 10 games is almost 1/3 of 1BL games. How many times as Reus gotten injured and only for him to comeback as if nothing happened???

class players don't need 20+ games to get back into it. All he need is game time and he'll get there. I think it was Bierhoff who mentioned Low/Germany being very high on Gotze, Gundo and Reus. So even the NT want him on the team.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013