Review: German Players Development Discussion - 2017/18

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    With Philipp now on Dortmund, I think that is going to make it more difficult for Schürrle to make his way back into the NT picture. Philipp is already off to a great start to the campaign but is still somehow overlooked. Schürrle is finally fit again but he needs to ramp up the production or else he's not getting playing time on the club level either. Reus also expected to return in the Rückrunde which will further make things more competitive among them.

Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    look at Huddersfield without Christopher Schindler (suspended).......a 4-0 trashing. That's one player who makes a huge difference when he's on that team. When Huddersfield lost 4-0 to Spurs and 3-0 to Liverpool, both games could have been something like 6-0 or 7-0 if it wasn't for Schindler.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stindl with his 4th goal of the season to make it 1-0 for Gladbach!

Epitome990 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's Stindl's goal.
    https://streamable.com/pb99c

2nd goal scored is from a PK that happened after Stindl's shot from distance hit the hand of a Hertha player.

Epitome990 repped this.
  6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Wow 3-0 for Gladbach in under 20 minutes. Pretty much game over at this point.

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Selke made a very nice pass to Ibisevic who shot on the keeper then for Weiser to be the one to assist Ibisevic's goal to make it 3-1.

Epitome990 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Johannes Geis started his 1st League game for Sevilla today as the game is at 1-1 HT.
    and the assist was by Geis too!!!

here's the assist
    https://imgtc.com/w/qrbtB5n

Epitome990 repped this.
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Mitch Weiser pulled another goal back for Hertha, but they couldn't get any closer as Gladbach added a fourth goal which was assisted by Patrick Herrmann.

Final score, a 4-2 win for Gladbach.

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  11. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    German strikers continuing their productive run this week-end:thumbsup:. Very good that we have so many options at that position now.

Ger90 repped this.
  12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    should start developing some full backs now for the next tournaments

Ger90 repped this.
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #713 Epitome990, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    I think the pool of striker depth for 2020 is looking pretty solid right now. There's Werner, Stindl, Wagner, Uth, Volland, and Selke as the immediate group of options to work with. Philipp can score too, as a versatile winger or secondary striker role. So that's like 6 or 7 core players to choose from at the moment. Gomez is the main player getting phased out after 2018.

Hopefully Ducksch, Teuchert, and maybe Füllkrug, Kleindienst can make upward strides and get into that mix. I'm not holding my breath on Kruse, Ginczek, Niederlechner, Petersen, or Lasogga though, whom I don't think are realistic options.

Arp should emerge as a senior NT hopefully 4 years from now when he's 21 or 22 y/o. Seydel, Platte, Eggestein, Otto, Krüger, Serra, Daferner, and Wintzheimer, etc are at various levels right now but all have the ability and potential to move up as professionals who should be considered in the future. Will be interesting to watch how they develop in the next 4 years.

Fullbacks are looking okay, but more depth would be nice. The LB position has options like Hector, Plattenhardt, Halstenberg, and Max. While at RB, there's Kimmich, Weiser, Klostermann, Henrichs, and maybe Toljan. Hopefully youngsters like Passlack, Itter, Mittelstädt, Horn, and Klünter can steadily improve in the next 4 years.

I actually think that the CB and GK positions are what's more at risk in the near future. For CBs if 2020 is the last time Hummels and Boateng are the key starters, then that leaves us with Süle, Rüdiger, Mustafi, Ginter, Akpoguma, and Tah as the next core to work with. Maybe others like Baumgartl, Kehrer, Anton, Uduokhai, Torunarigha, and Löwen after them. The '96 and '97's have decent options right now. But the prospect appears to get thinner when looking at '98 and onwards.

GK remains a big question mark from players born '95 and onwards. There's only a handful of players from that age range that have steady starting roles. IMO, this appears to be the toughest position to develop right now.

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    keepers are worrisome, outside of Neuer and Ter Stegen is there any great keepers? Or even keepers with real potential. Most of the times we won trophies or got very far in tournaments we had world class keepers. I tend to see too many meh to good at best. It's also hard to develop since there is only 1 keeper at the time on the field. Usually poor form or injuries from the starting keeper is like the only way for another keeper to get chances.

Strikers seems to be in a very good position for us between the current 1st division ones and all the youngsters with potential that could have breakthrough in the next few years. That's the benefit of players like Gomez, Stindl, and Wagner who are on the older side of things, they buy you time for the next gen to get their careers going.

but CB is a very worrisome position, I would also say Howedes is with Hummels and Boa as most likely done post EC20. Ginter and Mustafi don't give any confidence. While Sule, Rudiger, Tah and the others they aren't there yet.

Epitome990 repped this.
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Horn, Leno, and Trapp are pretty interchangeable as third choice options. But not someone who can be seen as a viable starter throughout a tough tournament setting. Baumann are Fährmann are both now in their late 20's and have never been in Jogi's plans.

Odisseas Vlachodimos is probably the most accomplished after them. He's been a standout with Panathinaikos in the Greek league and is supposedly on his way to Benfica. Still needs to be fully confirmed though.

Shame that Karius is the bench option for Liverpool, who mainly plays their CL matches right now. But the move never really worked out for him from the beginning. He still has time to find his way but a move away somewhere else might be best for a fresh start again.

I actually thought Timon Wellenreuther did reasonably well a couple seasons ago when he went on loan to Mallorca. He was one of the top rated keepers in the Spanish second division during that time. But Schalke brought him back and for some reason he basically sat out for an entire season doing nothing. And now he's with a lower table Eredivisie club and has a long way to work his way back.

Julian Pollersbeck was quality in the 2BL last season and won the U21 Euros. But shame that he's just the back up at HSV now. Bit strange but I guess it is what it is. Maybe he'll work his way ahead in the future.

Seems like there's a lot of even but no standout GK prospects from '96 and onwards. Most players are either back ups and playing in the reserves. They need to go out on loan, and likely to other smaller leagues in Europe to build experience.

We have to skip ahead all the way to 2000-born Christian Früchtl to have notable promise. But as a 17 y/o keeper, it's difficult imagining him getting first team minutes for a while.

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Baumann are Fahrmann will most likely never play for Germany. Horn plays in the worse team in the 1BL so I think his chances are very low to make the NT. Currently would say 3rd keeper is between Leno and Trapp.

I do wonder will Trapp get the chance to be keeper #1 if he moves to Dortmund like the rumors say? Burki isn't playing well at all and Weidenfeller I believe is done after this season. There are also some Liverpool rumors for him, which I hope don't happen. No need to see a 2nd German keeper at Liverpool.

Vlachodimos needs to leave the Greek League as fast as possible. If he can breakthrough Benfica then that's better, a #5 league in Europe vs a #14. (according to UEFA league coefficients).

Karius left Germany too early should have stayed longer or made a move to a club with less pressure than Liverpool. I don't think he was ready.

Timon Wellenreuther's career in the Eredivisie is not going well at all after allowing so many goals in games. He's lost his place and has been benched for the last 5 games I think.

Pollersbeck was a big disappointment to most of us, thinking his playing well in 2BL and U21 would lead to a breakthrough only for him to never play any games. With Mathenia preferred instead.

Epitome990 repped this.
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    With the right coach and team system in place, I think Trapp or Karius could be a keeper that Dortmund can build on for the future.

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

as we were discussing just like a week ago, Didavi really is underrated player. Toping the Assist table.

Epitome990 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    here's the assist table non updated from this matchday 12.
    [​IMG]

The updated list, should have Didavi at 6 and Kimmich at 5.

Interesting thing is that the list is 100% all German Players, 5/5!!!

Epitome990 repped this.
  20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I might be wrong but I think Jesaja Herrmann is just one move away from being a force in the league. He plays at RW mostly this season (don't believe Transfermarkt, they said he plays CM) . But with his size n his scoring ability, he can play everywhere up front

Hottmann might have an advantage too. Not because he's a better player, because he plays for Stuttgart n Hottmann is highly rated in their academy (was captain for U17 last season too). Stuttgart is a smaller team so the situation is easier for him

Makanda n Memisevic might also be top prospects for their respective teams.

Hottmann, Memisevic n Makanda all have something in common: if u perform well, u will have your chance.

It's completely different to Wintzheimer in Bayern, Herrmann in Wolfsburg or Kuhn in Leipzig for example.

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Let's hope J.Herrmann does not go to Bayern then. Otherwise he'll end up in Wintzheimer's scenario, and in behind him in the pecking order. Who are both being blocked by Wagner or whoever ends up being their new back up.

Hottmann could it make if he continues to be steady with the scoring output. Ginczek usually misses around half a season with injury. And Terodde isn't quite first division material.

Makanda could move up officially next season at some point. Especially if Teuchert ends up leaving. I hope Makanda signs a contract extension with FCN this summer.

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Sonny Kittel gets his 7th assist of the season, as Ingolstadt take a 1-0 lead vs Fortuna Düsseldorf. Along with his 7 goals, he has now contributed directly to a goal every match in their first 14 games this campaign.

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Great to finally have the in-form Kruse and team chemistry from last season back again to break out of this slump. Can't believe how long this team has struggled to score.

Ger90 repped this.