German NT Kits

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Boandlkramer, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have kits from WC06 EM08 and WC10. My favorite being the WC10 Away kit. Only complaint is that the trunks don't match the top! Why WHITE stripes when they are gold on the tops!? I usually buy the trunks with the tops, but I didn't this time.

Which ones are your favorite? Which do you hate?

2. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dislike most of the German NT home jerseys. Special hate is reserved for the Euro 96 kit, the WC 74 vest and France 98 jersey.

The only German jerseys I like are the 90 away jersey ( the one worn in the semi finals against England) and the Euro 08 jersey.

From the other teams, I like the Slovenian jersey, the Uruguayan and the Brazilian kits.

3. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We all know you have terrible taste in Trikots. ;)

I have the 2002, 2008 and 2010 home trikots. Of those my favorite is the 2010, followed by the 2002. I hated the 2004 trikot, and the 2006 trikot was OK.

I love the black away top. I've been wanting to see that for a long time. I've never liked the green away trikot, and I especially hated the red.

4. Reich

Reich Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the usual away kit is white trunks with the black shirt but since ghana played all white they had to use the black trunks from the home kit.

i have

54 wc home shirt
    74 wc home shirt
    90 wc home shirt
    98 wc home shirt
    00 ec home shirt
    02 wc home shirt
    04 ec home shirt
    06 wc complete home and away kit
    08 ec home shirt
    10 wc complete home kit

the only ones i dislike are 98 and 00. those where horrible looking (appropriate to the football we played back then).

i love the current one. it looks so classy and it's form fitting as well.
    funnily enough 94 was one of my favorite designs but somehow i never got ahold of it.

5. bullethead

bullethead Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Love the 2010 away jersey. Met a guy at the local German bar who had recently been to DE and couldn't find one.....was asking me where I got mine.

I'm guessing they must be quite popular.

Thanks for the explanation of the non-matching stripes - I was wondering about that as well. Makes perfect sense now.

6. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    The black jerseys are beautiful.
    If I had the money I'd buy a black Schweinsteiger or Lahm jersey.

7. Scholl7

Scholl7 Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've got:

Green s/s away WM 1994
    White s/s home WM 2002
    Gray s/s away WM 2002
    Red s/s away WM2006 “Podolski”
    White s/s home WM2006 “Hitzlsperger”
    Blue away GK WM2006 "Kahn"
    White s/s home EM08 “A. Friedrich”
    Black GK kit EM 2008
    White s/s home WM 2010
    Black s/s away WM 2010

Training kits:
    White s/s 1996 (?)
    Grey s/s 2004

I know LOTS of hate for the '94 kits (diamond-neck pattern) from a lot of fans but it's the 1st one I ever got and love it.

I really like the simple design and colors on 2002 & 2006 home & away kits. Disliked the 2004 home and away kits (the 2004 training kit looks WAY better) and REALLY dislike the 2008 away red kit which I don't think was worn in the Euro 2008 tournament.

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The black uniforms are so sharp and classy...i have the black 2010 tracksuit..it really turns heads..and the german DFB logo with the eagle in gold on the chest..is a whole different story in itself..everybody wants one..when a wearing it...i also have a pair in White:D

9. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    I bought a 3rd 06' black trikot, I quite like it. Poldi 20 on the back. I can't seem to find a picture, but I'm sure someone here has seen it before

10. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Well, I only got a 1974 knock off and a 1978 replica.

Design wise, I think we need to differentiate between three things:
    1) Design
    2) Fabric
    3) Cut

So here we go:
    1) In terms of design, I really like most of our home jerseys. There are only a few that I find ugly:

I really dig:

The rest is somewhere in between.

2) I can't really judge the fabric of all jerseys, as you have to see them in person to do so. So I want to point out some examples:
    I really like the current 2010 jersey here. It just looks and feels very good. It's rich in detail but not overdone. Simply a very choice selection of materials.

On the flip side, there are the 2004 Jersey with it's strange combination of two different layers...and the different fabrics that were stitched together in a Y-shape looked kinda gay.

Also somewhat bad here is the 1998 jersey which simply looks extremely cheap from up close.

3) I'm in favor of the somewhat tighter cut, so in that regard I also like the 2010 and 2008 jerseys and to a lesser degree also the 2006 ones. Everything between 1990 and 2006 has been terrible when it come to cut. Everything before 1990 has been pretty good (not the short shorts though ;))

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I loved the 2002 design but the material wasn't the most comfortable. 1996 remains my favorite by far, a real work of art in my opinion, which is why I'm loving this year's so much. It's very similar to our Euro 96 kit, the cuffs were a great idea.

12. Kimmyongguk

Kimmyongguk Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Beijing
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    My favorite has to be the 1994 home jersey (standing firm to all you haters out there! :D) which I own (a Klinsmann jersey in pristine, unworn condition), following by the 2010 home, 1990 home and 1998 home. I am not a big fan of away jerseys but I must say the 2010 black away jersey is really growing on me. I think the red "v" shape collar is a huge turn-off though.

13. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Germany
    Agree, they should just have made it golden like the stripes on the shoulders and sleeves. The all black kit is awfully slick though, probably my favorite kit since 2002.

14. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any takers???? lol.... Only on bigsoccer...lmao

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

DFB - Fanshop lol

15. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i bought the current black away with ballack 13 for my jersey collection. it's sharp and probably my favorite in recent years.

16. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My jab was at the names... The style is BEAST!

Laughing at the names of the players not even on the team any more that are still being sold

17. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    yea it is funny.

thing is, i actually considered a frings jersey since i've always liked him more than ballack. :D

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They should sell those 75% off.

19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can someone tell me who this is? I think it's Der Kaiser....

[​IMG]

http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3745541&cp=3748172.3737562.4065452&cid=P04091&shopGroup=O

Check this out!!! $300.00 ON SALE:$210.00

[​IMG]

Link: Exclusive Germany 2010 World Cup Jersey Set

20. Kimmyongguk

Kimmyongguk Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Beijing
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Still overpriced at $210. You can get the Techfit 2010 jersey for less than $150 these days. And why would anyone want to get a newly-made replica of the 1986 jersey? If it is actually from 1986 then I'd consider buying.

21. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea, $300 was ridiculous. No wonder they brought the price down a bit. Lower it by another $100 and I'll consider it.

22. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Definitely not der kaiser

Maier
    Vogts, Breitner
    Schwarzenbeck, Beckenbauer, Bonhof
    U. Hoeneß, Overath, Grabowski, G. Müller, Hölzenbein

It's either vogts or bonhoff. My vote goes to bonhoff.

23. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really want the 2008 Red away kit but cannot seem to find it anywhere. Anyone got clues where i might be able to get hold of one plz?

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Yes that one! I live in th UK and can't find anywhere that has it in stock in the UK or Europe.

I came across that jersey99 site but it sells fake shirts which i don't want and the soccerpro site says out of stock. Might look into the socceramerican one but with import duties & shipping it'll be a fortune :(

EDIT: Socceramerican is out of stock as well!

Still thanks for the reply Chris!

If anyone could point me to other places if they come across it i'd be grateful! Thanks!