German National Team News & Discussion Thread - Run up to EURO 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Continue here guys.

2. Zullu

Zullu Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Subs, let's end this Spain hegominy thing:cool:

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

subs as well...

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    FR jinxed the Germans.. -_-;;

5. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jinxed them to the final. :D

6. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If we still rely on Oezil as our creative outlet, we'll lose against Spain again. Muller has to be in the game to help with our counterattacking.

1 person likes this.
  7. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We should just hope another team will eliminate Spain for us. :p

8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nonono. It would be an ALL TIME CLASSIC if we could beat them.

9. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We wil, never beat spain with oezil and khedira in tne team.

BVB ftw!!! :p

10. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Löw disagrees.
    [​IMG]
    :D

11. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Özil and Khedira won one match vs. Spaincelona (all on their own, no team mates were on the pitch). They're qualified to participate in the match.

It also looks like the Netherlands could become the major competition over the next decade instead of Spain; or along with Spain. Plus, Brazil.

12. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's hard to predict such things for a whole decade, just look where Germany was a decade ago...
    In the near future Spain is the team to beat and then you have a lot of countries like Brazil, Netherlands, Argentina etc. who could all be a title contender, not to mention France, Italy, Portugal and so on which might have not convinced in the last tournament(s) but could always be a real threat in the next years.

13. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Netherlands look very strong in every department. Their current team is one of the 3 major contenders for the title next year and the youth teams are doing great as well.

Right now, it seems to me that if we're considering Germany to be a title contender during this following decade, similar things have to be said about the Netherlands. Probably more than about any other team, with the possible exceptions of the aforementioned Spain and Brazil. And I'm not talking about 2019, but about 2012, 2014+.

Alot can happen of course. Maybe the Netherlands crash out in the group stages next year. Maybe Italy makes an early surprise comeback. But right now it looks like Holland are transforming into maybe the main competition for the next tournaments. Then again, they are the Leverkusen of international football, so it might be good to have them as the major rivals instead of teams that actually win stuff.

1 person likes this.
  14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you overestimate them.. The youth teams look good but not superior, even the Dutch aren't hyping them. Especially the U17 tournaments mean near to nothing. The Dutch have a very good NT but they're average on more than one position and their bench isn't worth a comment.

Are they a team which is likely cappable of beating any team in the world? At a good day yes. Are they capable of winning a tournament? I doubt it.

15. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't be said, the have a good mix of youth and experience now and fantastic coach. They're one of the favorites next year and in Brazil in my opinion.

16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fantastic coach? Never heard someone say that when he was in Dortmund..

17. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really? I know several who think he should never have been replaced like he was.

18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The only people that say that were the ones expecting immediate results. He had a long term vision and was shafted by BvB's Front Office.

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Also he was responsible for bringing Sahin up among other things.

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup, and then further developed him at Feyenoord when Nuri went on loan.

21. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you were talking about a whole deace... At the moment the Netherlands look for sure strong and they do have a very good team but it's not too long ago that everyone was praising the czechs and Portugal and how they can be the "next Netherlands".
    The Netherlands also don't look very strong in the defence when you use top level standards. One can of course say that Germany has the same issue but we have some really good prospects coming up in this area while I don't see the same for the Netherlands.
    They also have a depth issue compared to other top nations which is only natural for such a small country but depth can make the difference at the highest level.

Germany earned those long term predictions with its past and current work, you can't say the same about the Netherlands to the same extent.
    It's for sure ok to say they will be a title contender in 2012, I won't disagree there but 2014 is already 3 years away and a lot can happen in that time.
    Not to mention that two of their most important players (van Persie and Robben) had serious injury problems in the past.

Like I said in regards to the next tournament they are but just take 2-3 of their main players out of the team and things can change a lot.
    I can't emphasize enough that depth is a serious issue for them and that they were successful at the WC because for once they played very disciplined and effective.
    The Netherlands must of course be taken serious but they always had very good players and are always a threat but the same is true for a lot of other countries.
    Things are very close at the highest level and can change fast and that's why im always cautious when it comes to such "rankings", especially long term ones.

22. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    You come across as a wise man... maybe you should talk about Germany from the same reasonable point of view.;)

23. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not sure if that is supposed to mean that I am not in Germany's case?
    I'm at least noone who already talks about the WC 2014, I know we missed a big chance in 2010 and it's going to be tough to win it in Brazil no matter how strong we might be (or not).
    But I'm also not one of those people who always see the end of the world when things are not running well and said also before 2006 that Germany should never be taken lightly.
    So there is not much to predict in Germany's case. We were pretty much always a title contender in the last 50 years and it would be surprising if we weren't in the next 10 years.

24. Snakeater

Snakeater Member

Sep 21, 2005
  25. Ricken

Ricken Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So Rolfes is given another chance? Isn't he a little too 'old' at 29? :p
    Apparently Low only called 2 strikers in Gomez and Klose. Mueller is there as well but considered a mid/winger apparently.

Glad Reus is being also called. The kid deserves it.

Prominent snubs, Ballack, Marin and Merte (Not sure if he is injured or not but i guess they are calling it lack of fitness)