German National Team News & Discussion Thread - Post WC 2010

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ★ ☆ ★, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Look, I don't judge players on one or two games but over an extended period of time.

2. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    http://www.11freunde.de/international/138041/die_jugend_von_morgen

Intresting article. Its about the striker options for the NT after Mario Gomez and the aging Klose, six are listed:

Nils Petersen
    Julian Schieber
    Peniel Mlapa
    Sandro Wagner
    Pierre Lasogga
    Richard Sukuta-Pasu

I personally only see Schieber and Petersen as real options out of the list. Wagner has the lowest ceiling and i dont think he'll ever developed into a NT calibre striker;
    Mlapa is fast, strong, explosive and pretty skillful, but he can't score;
    Lasogga is an exact opposite of Mlapa, very slow and clumsy but a very clinical predator in front of goal. He is not ready technically though;

The article left out Kevin Volland, who has been playing exceptionally well for 1860 Munich in his debut professional season as an 18 year old;
    Not sure about Lennart Thy's development but he was rated as high as Mario Goetze back in his U17 days;
    Shawn Parker, Marvin Ducksch, Samed Yesil and Timo Werner are strikers for the future imo

3. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    To be frank, I don't see anyone besides Gomez, Muller, Klose and Schurrle to be competing for the striker position until 2014. Gomez looks like a foot in after scoring in the last couple of outings with the NT.

4. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nils Petersen looks like a great prospect out there though.

A clinical finisher, can shoot equally well with both feet, big, has good technique and great positioning for goals.

Those are the attributes that he may still impress us even in the 1BL

5. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2014 is a long way away, it'd be stupid to think so don't you think? Just an injury or two alone to those four could alter the landscape.

6. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not to mention, Loew will not play Schurrle at CF as Tuchel did

I dont think Mueller n Schurrle are options up top for the NT

7. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I kinda wish this string of clasicos between Real and Barca happened close to a WC or Euro... :eek: like last year or something, lol. I doubt the mood it's going to be very good in the Spanish NT for a while...

8. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    haha, true

9. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Last year or next would have been perfect ;)

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With khedira taking out xavi and iniesta in the last clasico....

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well if the rumors in the spanish papers are to be believed the classicos have disrupted the chemistry amongst the Barca/Madrid contingent in the national team..... make of that what you may.

12. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess it wouldn't make much of a difference. Even if the few Madrid players in the Spanish NT were to get isolated from the rest of the starting eleven or even kicked out for strangling Barcelona players, there would not be much of a dip in quality. Fabregas comes in for Xabi Alonso, Reina or De Gea replaces Casillas and, well, I don't think anyone ever liked Sergio Ramos to begin with and yet he's still a part of the team.

13. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol Reina....that guy is such a clown, watch any video of that team post match and he leads the parades.......:p

14. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They have fantastic depth but those are still core players that, for obvious reasons, won't just get kicked out. I think it will be interesting to see if this affects performance in any way, if these things are at all to be believed.

15. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If he makes it to the 1BL first.

16. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You're right, but this is my just own conviction. Of course things could change dramatically.

17. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Who knows, i think it is in Schurrles interest to work on becoming a CF, it is were he is most likely to succeed.

18. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL. But the idea is not that they're kicked out, but that the mood or environment in the locker room isn't good. It appears to have had it's effect on some Dutch teams.:D

Casillas is probably the most important there. So it's only three Madrid players?.

19. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They will forget about it the first night they get back into camp with some sangrias listening to Pepe Reina going on about the one time he saw stevie g out in liverpool.........The new spanish team is different and they have new experiences to fall back on

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gVcHfrZFiw"]YouTube - Schweinsteiger sufrió la conga de España[/ame]
    :p:p

20. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    From an Everton ITK...

Klose's agent has met Everton officials twice in the past week.

21. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If that's true, it would be a good move for him. Everton has no real striker of note unless you consider Saha, and so Miro will be a guaranteed starter there if he can put one in every 2 or 3 games.

22. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At this point in time, from a German NT perspective, I'm not sure if being a guaranteed starter is a good thing. He could 'save' his best for the WC because he was under utilized ( I use that word liberally) at Bayern. Do you see him playing out a full season and coming into EC 12 full of vigour?

23. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He shouldn't start anyway.

24. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, he did manage to come on for the NT vigorously enough in 2006, though of course, that was 2006. Still, he's a professional footballer and fitness shouldn't really be that much of an issue, especially since Everton won't have the distractions of European football. It'll just be straight up league and occasional cup games. I'm pretty sure he can handle it.

25. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Is Robert Huth still under Loew's radar? Saw the Arsenal-Stoke City match, I think he had a pretty good game in general.

Huth, Hummels, Howedes, Mertesacker and Arne Friedrich. I actually think Mertesacker is the worst among the 5.