German National Team News & Discussion Thread - Post WC 2010

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ★ ☆ ★, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Making a post worse in every single way is not "fixing" it.

2. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    It's true, wait and see. That's if Loew fields the A team, which he almost certainly will.

3. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I do hope that he experiments in some way. How about a striker besides Klose? Also, I would love to see Kroos partner Schweini.

4. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Has a list of probables or a squad been announced for the friendly against Australia?

5. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXoagSi4hZ0"]YouTube - Lukas Podolski - 10 Tore des Monats[/ame]

All 10 of Podolski's goals of the month.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    WHat's your point? It's just a compilation, the newest is the current goal of the month. He just holds the record and the number ten provocates such compilations. Nothing more nothing less.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didn't have a point...I just asked a question? :confused:

10. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96

"Goal of the month" is a big thing is Germany.

People vote for them and Poldi has the most which is impressive.

I think Cris just didn't know of this tradition and was confused.

11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fair enough. Sorry Cris.-

12. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks a lot for this compilation Dage. I'm a complete Podolski (NT) fan right from his Euro 2004 debut. :)

I think the Confederations Cup goals against Mexico and Brazil are his best.

I wanted to ask , why wasn't the 3rd goal against Kazakhstan (Oct 2010, I think) nominated as the goal of the month? Which goal garnered more votes than that? :confused:

13. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    This one:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a0E5BuvZ28"]Goal of the Month 10/10[/ame]

14. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My all-time favorite Poldi goal was number 5 on that video. The skill in is first touch and the finish were just world class. He has so much natural ability, its too bad his development has been slow.

I think he is turning into the player we all wanted him to be now that he is taking on a leading role in Koeln.

15. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe my previous comments about Lukas will lead some to believe that I'm not a fan of his, but I do really like him. (One of the most powerful strikers out there -- that left foot.) But often times he wasn't living up to all the adulation he received, and he behaved rather childishly, too. And in the last couple of years, he really hasn't had much to show for all the hype that surrounded him right after the 2006 WC to behave like he was behaving.

So, I am really really glad that he's turned himself around. When he had that kerfuffle against Sahin in the Fall, I thought it was just another one of his immature bouts, but since then, he's really produced for Cologne. I support this forward-moving progress, what with all the scoring. I hope he continues, because a confident Podolski playing near his best is just going to a major asset to his club and to the NT. I salivate at the thought of a free-flying Podolski-Oezil-Mueller forward line behind Klose. I can't imagine another team producing a stronger line-up.

Maybe this new role as captain of his club is really putting things into perspective, and a position of responsibility gives him the right kind of pressure to perform well. Whatever it is, there's a couple of NT matches at the end of the month, and I'd really love to see him deliver.

16. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The reason his development has been so slow is because he refused to work hard according to Klinsmann and co. Like Balotelli, he thought scoring a few goals would save him a spot on the starting 11, while Klose and Toni continued to bag in many goals for them.

He is getting a lot better now, if he can salvage a few more goals before the end of the season he should be fine.

17. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think it is because he realizes, with all these youth players come up - he might not get a place in the squad. Kroos and Goetze expressed their preference to play on the left, he knows he has to keep scoring if he is to maintain that position on the wing.

18. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Australia announce their squad for the friendly against Germany on the 29th of March. Bulk of the squad is the same that played in the WC last year.

QANTAS SOCCEROOS SQUAD – Tuesday 15 March 2011

Tim CAHILL - Everton FC, England 52 (23) FW
    David CARNEY -Blackpool FC, England 38 (5) DF
    Brett EMERTON - Blackburn Rovers, England 83 (17) MF
    Brett HOLMAN - AZ Alkmaar, Netherlands 45 (6) MF
    Mile JEDINAK - Genclerbirligi SK, Turkey 24 (2) MF
    Harry KEWELL - Galatasaray SK, Turkey 53 (16) MF
    Neil KILKENNY - Leeds United FC, England 7 (0) MF
    Robbie KRUSE - Melbourne Victory, Australia 4 (1) FW
    Mitchell LANGERAK - Borussia Dortmund, Germany - GK
    Jon McKAIN - Al Nassr, Saudi Arabia 14 (0) DF
    Matt McKAY - Brisbane Roar, Australia 13 (0) MF
    Lucas NEILL - Galatasaray SK, Turkey 70 (0) DF
    Sasa OGNENOVSKI - Seongnam Ilhwa, Korea Republic 8 (1) DF
    Nikita RUKAVYTSYA - Hertha Berlin, Germany 7 (0) FW
    Mark SCHWARZER - Fulham FC, England 88 (0) GK
    Carl VALERI - U.S. Sassuolo Calcio, Italy 35 (1) MF
    Luke WILKSHIRE - FK Dinamo Moscow, Russia 56 (3) DF

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/2009InsideFFA/default.aspx?s=insideffa_newsfeatures_newsitem_new&id=39339

19. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm curious to see how he performs when Köln lose form again because Podolski tends to do well when things around him work and right now everything at the club is clicking and so many players have stepped up their game.

20. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think him being captain is related to their form. Either way, I don't think he can go on forever playing like shiite at club level, especially with other exceptional players like Goetze, Schurrle, Holtby and Kroos waiting to fill up that midfield. They are all young, consistent and will be really showcasing their talent over the next few years.

21. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm usually really not someone who defends Podolski but this season he actually delivered even when Köln was rather bad and I'd also say that Kölns current run is also based on his performances.

22. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know, which is why he deserves credit. My concern is if it will last when Köln, inevitably, slump again.

23. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    You mean like today? :D

Down 6-1 and he pots one, great goal too.

24. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HA! To be fair, the game was long over at that point.

25. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

Thats usually an excuse for not scoring. He didn't have a terrible game, but the defenders sure as hell did.