German Federal Election 2017 - or alternatively "the end"

Discussion in 'Elections' started by White/Blue_since1860, Nov 9, 2016.

1. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the problem? Corporations in the US regularly pressure local governments to use eminent domain to obtain development land, either for residential or commercial use.

That is until the fallout from Kelo.

xtomx repped this.
  2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fake news that this would create any form of outrage. I love it when poor Murican mod bots get fooled by British tabloids. Basically the only source they have so they probably also think the euro has failed, the EU broken up and we have civil war helter skelter all over central Europe

3. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're saying this is fake? This isn't happening?

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Fake news that this would create any form of outrage"

5. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the government confiscating homes, then making the owner of those homes foot the bill on top of that, won't cause any outrage from many parts of the populace? Maybe I'm thinking from an American-centric point of view, but if that happened over here, I believe there'd be hell to pay. Every right wing politician would use this to fuel for the fire.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're thinking whatever British rightwing asswipe tabloids tell you to think.

Where do you think people lived during post war time in half to two-third destroyed cities when additional 13 mil refugees from the east were relocated into the western ocupation zones?

[​IMG]

7. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're not talking about a war torn country post WWII. We're talking about a prosperous, modern, country that's forcing private owners to give up their property to illegal immigrants, most of which are economic migrants, not Syrian refugees.

But you know what? It's your country. If you have no problem with the government confiscating homes of your fellow citizens and giving them up to immigrants and stuff like that. More power to you. As long as it doesn't happen in 'Murica.'

8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Gutted a largely Black neighborhood and several Black businesses here a few decades ago for an interstate.

But I guess YB thinks it's different when the "takers" are immigrants

herthabsc and crazypete13 repped this.
  9. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More importantly, as far as I am concerned, good news for Merkel (who I think has been the only adult running a major Western country for the last decade) and really good news for the FDP (which if I were German would be my party of choice). .

Boandlkramer repped this.
  10. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #110 YankBastard, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    A few DECADES ago?! Really? That you're counter argument. Also, they didn't confiscate their land and then also make them pay for the highway.

Either way, I'm against eminent domain for any reason.

11. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    This is an article from 3 years ago about the very same building with the very same owner.

http://www.mopo.de/hamburg/leerstan...roht-dreistem-vermieter-mit-enteignung-538978

The city was trying to force him to rent his empty apartments already back then. Apparently they finally got fed up with his bullshit.

Also I can't find a single article with the "refugee" angle the gatestone propagande scumbags put on this.

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think youve just proven what I said before:

Next time I want some info on Japan I will pull a YB too and use some gutter paper from China.

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Economists Jeremy Cliffe normally gives a well informed English speaking view on German speaking elections. Austria snap elections confirmed.
    864499486831378436 is not a valid tweet id

864500324001869824 is not a valid tweet id

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't Austria just have an election last year?

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That was the presidential elections and it took 3 attempts. This is about the parliament and chancellor

ceezmad repped this.
  16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    https://correctiv.org/blog/ruhr/art...-nrw-die-tops-und-flops-der-rechtspopulisten/
    [​IMG]
    Graphic showing where AfD did best. The red dot is Gelsenkirchen II, Schalke 04 territory. 15,22% there. 14,11% in Gelsenkirchen I. Industrial heartland of the Ruhr valley. It seems like with the rust belt and France's north the rightwing populists do best there.

SPD has a clear structural problem ahead of the general elections where the working class, working poor or jobless run away to leftist or rightwing populists.

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So basically Angie can get ther coalitions through in SH (Jamaika) and NRW (black-yellow) and it doesnt look like she is going to lose much constituencies either in fall. Even though that doesnt mean much in a proportional system with overhang seats. But it could blow up the new Bundestag to epic proportions. 598 seats are normal, could be up to 700-800 in the end.

867659430418100224 is not a valid tweet id

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    867660656568348672 is not a valid tweet id

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

869532768723664898 is not a valid tweet id

20. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, they just compensated the owners at the lowest possible excuse for market value, then left any renters to fend for themselves in increasingly scarce affordable housing markets

21. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Moved to Elections to have parity with the UK and France.

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Typical Merkel ad. She appears like 2 seconds in it

Every morning a new day begins when every single one should have a fair chance to live their own ideas and follow their own ways. CDU works towards this. On every single day. CDU. "The center".

23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who is her greatest threat? If it's a 'Trump" she has no way to lose no? But you're right....has she become like HRC, who minimized her on air time because interest went down every time she was on the air?

24. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that you've got this fixation on relitigating the 2016 primary a year later (Why? I don't know. Hillary lost, which I guess was the most important thing.), but this is an extraordinarily bad take. Merkel has been elected and re-elected Chancellor three times already, in 2005, 2009, and 2013. She keeps accomplishing this because she is the leader of a party (the CDU) with whom the German people are more or less content.

Just because she's a woman "of a certain age" doesn't mean that she's the German Hillary Clinton.

25. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I support her and my wife and adult kids, German Citizens, do as well...so there's that. Given what's happened in America, her leaving is the worst thing that could happen. Id say she's the "new" leader of the free world. We are kind of a laughingstock ATM. As far as "like HRC," I don't know, that's why I was asking.