German Dual/Triple Nationals.

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Grifo has been going down fast. 1st he leaves Gladbach after 1 season to join Hoff. He went to Hoff in order to play CL and get called up to Italian NT, which he gets called up to. Now he's headed for a loan after not really impressing.

not only that but a loan to Freiburg returns him to the club he was at before joining Gladbach.

This is Grifo's pro career
    Hoff-Freiburg-Gladbach-Hoff-Freiburg

lol, next he should go back to Gladbach. Seems like he could struggle to make Italy squad again.

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    from 1BL Winter camps I got reminded who are the other German-Poles GK, although I wouldn't be surprised if there are more.

02-Adamczyk who's between Koln U17 and Koln U19.
    01-Olschowsky Gladbach U19's #1.

both Olschowsky and Adamczyk are involved with German Youth NT.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

he's the 2nd German-Turk both 99 after Yilmaz Daler to join this Super lig club. Toptik transfered from Stuttgart II while Daler who originally started his time in Stuttgart youth. Both come from Stuttgart's youth levels. From the 2 only Toptik has been involved with Turkey youth NT.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just realized that Dortmund U19's 00-Enrique Zauner last involved with Germany U16 has been with Venezuela U20 since Summer 2018. He's played 7 games out of 10 in that period of time.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    99-Hadzic scored the 1st goal in a comeback draw for H96 1st team down 3-0 to 3-3 FT. Vs Belgium 1st division club
    99-Kiprit scored a direct FK goal in a 4-1 win vs 2BL club.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hannover 96 defender Kevin Akpoguma has refused to change his mind on his decision not to accept a call-up up from the Nigerian Federation, saying his priority is to make his senior debut for his country of birth, Germany.

Since 2014, Akpoguma has been on the radar of the Nigeria Football Federation and national teams coaching staff.

Former Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia first invited him to a training camp in Abuja in December 2014 ahead of the 2016 Olympic Games but the central defender snubbed his invitation.

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has repeatedly expressed his interest in Akpoguma and the German tactician was unable to persuade Akpoguma to play for the Super Eagles at the 2018 World Cup.
    Speaking to German sports magazine Kicker, Akpoguma stated : ''Gernot Rohr is still interested and would be happy, but I do not want to close the door to the German national team.

"Even if Joachim Löw calls me at the age of 27 for a game or two, that would be an honor for me, because Germany is the country where I was born."
    https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=30630

Epitome990 repped this.
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Good guy Akpoguma. Whatever happens in the future I respect him

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah props to him for his loyalty and shows that he's not an opportunist. Same to R.Khedira and a few others that turned down ticket to WC when plenty of others would have jumped at the opportunity.

Epitome990 repped this.
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At the top of my head, German dual strikers with other countries, only including 98-onwards. Besides there are more 98-onwards who are duals who could still play for someone else.....

Permanent cap tie
    98-Skenderovic

strikers who are with other countries, provisionally capped.
    98-Yuksel, L.Nmecha
    99-Hadzic, Kiprit (likely will happen in March with Turkey U21), Yalcin
    00-Kutucu, Uzun, Aydinel
    01-Memisevic, Heric
    02-Shuranov

not capped but with other countries, Not provisionally capped
    02-Asllani, Harnafi, Krasniqi
    03-Matanovic, Wasilewski

Whether someone believes they are good enough for Germany or not is irrelevant, not the point of this post.

from this list
    -Skenderovic played 1 game in EL for Hoff last season but otherwise still stuck in II. Needs to move up.
    -Yuksel seems like he could leave RL this Summer
    -L.Nmecha has played games for Man City 1st team and currently on loan in Championship
    -Yalcin is a 1st teamer in Besiktas in Turkey 1st division
    -Hadzic and Kiprit are both making their way to 1st team. Both scored in Winter Camp today and Hadzic also made 2 1BL appearances this season
    -Kutucu is rated by Schalke and already scored in 1BL. Bayern rates him and had interest all over Europe.

The rest are still youth players but Uzun with his performances for Bochum U19 would be surprising if Bochum lets him go. Currently U19 West top scorer. Then again Bochum has been a poor club for youth chances over the last few season. If he doesn't go for Bochum likely to attract interest from other clubs.

seems like outside of Skenderovic and Yuksel, the rest are doing well enough to get chances in 1st division if not now then next season. Even those 2 could still climb, they are 98 who's time is to move past RL after this season.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Demirovic and Dadashov are a couple more names for that list

Karlsruher's Malik Batmaz has only played for Turkey U17 before

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah your right.

Dadashov is in the 1st category, Demirovic is in the 2nd but extremely close to permanent cap tie as he made a Bosnia senior NT squad for NL in Nov 2018.

Batmaz fits the 3rd category and seems rated by Karlsruher having already played some 3rd Liga.

total seems 20 strikers from 6 age groups with other countries, that's 3.33 per age group.

Epitome990 repped this.
  19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #444 Epitome990, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    I find the contrast interesting of how few players of Balkan descent represent Germany on the senior level compared to Austria and Switzerland.

The Ösi's have Arnautovic, Dragovic, Stankovic, Zulj, Alar while the Swiss have Shaqiri, Xhaka, Dzemaili, Behrami, Hadergonaj, Seferovic, Drmic, Gavranovic, Mehmedi, Ajeti.

For Germany it's Mustafi who's no longer called up and before him probably Marin and that was a super long time ago

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think there are numerous reasons for this.
    1-Germany's population is like 10X the population of either Switzerland and Austria. Which means our player pool is so much bigger than theirs.
    2-some of the Balkan especially Bosnians seem unattached to Germany
    3-Balkan in Switzerland and Austria are more likely to stand out in those 2 countries than in Germany.
    4-Every freaking country in the world is trying to "poach" our players. Feels like it's getting worse by the age groups, due to scouting and other methods.

speaking of Hadzic, seems like besides scoring he also assisted in that comeback 3-3 draw. Also H96 fans are getting sick and tired of Wood, who has like 1 good game than like 10 bad ones. On top of that Wood keeps missing easy chances, very inefficient striker And their reactions was that Hadzic was much better.

Epitome990 repped this.
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    From the German born/developed Balkans, I'd consider Kolasinac to be the main loss so far. Even part of the youth NT up until the U21 level. If he stayed with Germany, then he'd be among senior NT for sure.

Not really that many standouts after that on the senior level. Muhamed Besic looks to have stagnated in England and is just loaned out to the second division now.

Youth players like Bektic, Martinovic and Kosanic seem to have fizzled out after early promise

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    concerning Kolasinac
    Kolašinac has a German passport and after playing on various youth levels for Germany, he switched allegiance to his parents' homeland Bosnia and Herzegovina and received a call-up for the country's senior national team in 2013. His father stated in an interview that was always the player's first choice to play for the Bosnian national team.[19]

shows how much Bosnians are more attached to Bosnia, although he played for Germany we were 2nd choice. But yeah given the iffy LB issues for awhile, he could easily haven brokenthrough Wonder if he would have made 2014 WC, where we did play CB Howedes as LB lol.

speaking of Austrians, I sometimes wonder what if Harnik played for Germany.

on why he played for Austria.
    Harnik, who also was eligible for Germany, opted to play for Austria, although he has never lived there, after having been nominated for the youth national teams of the ÖFB, not those of the German Football Association.

seriously there are plenty of players who have publicly said they will play for the 1st team who calls them up. Harnik was completely ignored by Germany.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Harnik played mostly on the wing or even attacking midfield when he was younger. So he may not have been a constant call up. During the 4-6 years ago time when Schürrle, Müller, Özil and Götze were emerging. Reus missed a lot of NT opportunities in tournaments but I believe he was in Euros 2012. Podolski was also a regular as well back then.

Interesting though in Harnik's last youth tier NT match vs Germany at the U20 level, the German "forwards" listed include Kevin Prince Boateng and Ashkan Dejagah lol

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/1150762

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I think a similar comparison would be what if Choupo-Moting played for Germany at the senior level. Both him and Harnik are/were serviceable BL players but debatable if they would have altered a lot in the results of the NT in recent tournaments

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's such an eye sore everytime I look back at youth NT and you realize that most players called up had non relevant pro careers.

that link you posted only relevant players
    Neuer, Beck, Khedira, KPB. Never rated Dejagah and his career crashed and burned years ago and Boenisch has struggled, 3 times with no clubs and has not played since 2017, yikes.

looking at that Austrian team, they had Erwin Hoffer, lol. Recall he was overhyped player even scored in that U20 game vs Germany.

I tend to rate Harnik more that Choupo-Moting, although think he could still have been given a chance especially once Low blacklisted Kruse.

we went on a dangerous path in recent years. 2014 WC only 1 striker who was 36 year old, 2016 EC, only 1 striker Gomez and who when injured ruined our game in the Semis vs France. Having more options would have been helpful.

although makes me wonder with 20 strikers that are with other NT or headed there, that will just decrease the striker pool even more than it already is. If Hadzic, Kutucu and Kiprit make 1BL, that's 3 strikers that don't play for Germany.....When I look at 03 strikers, feels like a lot of them are duals too. Can easily imagine Germany calling up strikers thinking they are the best or liking them only for them to not ending up the best or relevant. It's happened before numerous times. Look at how Y.Otto has been a main striker for Germany from U16-U20 (present), when a ton of 99s are doing better than him.

one can say that the constant Y.Otto call up has pretty much made it that Kaya is the only relevant dual left who's still with Germany from the 99.

Epitome990 repped this.