Gerardo Torrado to Everton FC

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Hugo Sanchez, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mexican International Midfielder Gerardo Torrado is about to sign with Everton FC.

The deal is reportedly a loan of 200 thousand Euros with an option to buy at 4.5 Mil.

I am now a diehard Toffee supporter.

1st post. :)

How's everyone doing?

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  3. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia

Hey, welcome aboard. I'll definitely welcome this move whole-heartedly. I think Torrado is an excellent player, saw him in a couple of La Liga games on FSW last year and of course saw him at the World Cup. It does make me wonder what this means to the Sean Davis deal. Will we get both? Because that would be fantastic!!! :)

4. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    Bump.

So what's the deal with this? I assume it fell thru. What happened?

5. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sevilla blocked.

Basically, Sevilla doesn't want Torrado to play.

Not with Sevilla, nor with Everton.

They blocked any form of transfer/loan/deal/etc.

As a result, Torrado is now sitting out the next couple of months til the transfer window re-opens.

:-\

6. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    why? what did he do? did someone finally give the Sevilla management the tape of Landon Donovan abusing him in the World Cup?

Seriously...I would have really like to have had Torrado play for us, especially now that our defense is playing like crap and our D-Mids aren't doing much better...

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Originally posted by Treetaliano

why? what did he do? did someone finally give the Sevilla management the tape of Landon Donovan abusing him in the World Cup?

Sevilla aquired Brazilian D-mid Baptista (he played with the U-23 in the Gold Cup) This meant that the Club now had one extra foreigner. Torrado who is close to getting his Spanish citizenship was the player sacraficed. However the Sevilla faithfull claim that Torrado is a Key player and one of their better foreigners even the Spanish press agrees. Torrado has been having knee problems and will undergo surgery and this could be another of the reasons.. However Torrado who is set to return in Dec claims he no longer wants to play at Sevilla where he has become a crowd favorite. My guess is that having many Offers from EPL and Serie A teams that Sevilla wants to make sure Torrado is at 100% and a EU player before selling him that way they can get more from the transfer fee..

8. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    Lovely :rolleyes:

I really was excited about this when it came out as his "competition" would have been Gravesen and Li Freaking Tie...Having him win the ball from the back and getting it up to Radz and Rooney would have been juicy.

I remember after the WC Roma wanted the guy after he made a Totti his bitch in J/K02...I definately see GT going to a bigger club than Everton though which is another reason I was stoked on us possibly getting him because he would have been a huge steal

9. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    Re: Re: Gerardo Torrado to Everton FC

sorry, you lost me at this point...

10. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    Re: Re: Re: Gerardo Torrado to Everton FC

How so?

Barca...Real...AC Milan...Roma...Juve...ManUre...Arse...etc

There do exist bigger clubs than ours, sorry to break it to you

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Gerardo Torrado to Everton FC

Note the smiley above his post.

There just may have been a tinge of humor in there somewhere.

12. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gerardo Torrado to Everton FC

it's 4am...gimme a break :D