Georgia v Auburn who decides

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Upper90. Inc., Oct 6, 2002.

1. Upper90. Inc.

Upper90. Inc. New Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Well the Nats game is over and as I expertly work the remote I find a women's college soccer game on. Hmmm so I watch, (I admit it I even watch the Mexican station when soccer is on)!

Decent game, and I wont ruin it for anyone who has a tivo tape to watch.

My real point is this. In the DFW market the SEC is not that big of a sell. And within the same time frame or close UNC is playing St Marys. I am sure that SMU and Texas and A&M also had games today too and would gladly have rearranged the schedule to accomodate TV. So who at Fox Sports Net decides? And why?

Dont get me wrong, I want to see more womens soccer on, but I am afraid that some moron at the station will look at the numbers and say "see women's soccer just doesn't sell here."

Anyone got any insight into how this works? Can we lobby for Top 25 head to head contests?

2. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I don't know who decides which games to air, but I was at this game today. I am not a big fan of either team, but was near the area for my daughter's tournament so we went to the game.

It was a fantastic game and should have made for exciting viewing for anyone who watched it.
    I'm just glad to see that they do televise games other than UNC sometimes.

3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Apr 1, 2001
    Austin
    I have never seen any Big 12 games on Fox Sports Southwest, and surely they would be as much a draw as SEC games. Attendence is very good in the Big 12, why not pick a few premier games to put on TV?

The exception is the Big 12 tournament championship in San Antonio, which was on Fox SW the last two years. But that is only one game. And besides, it was on tape delay only, and they cut out a good 20+ minutes of action so they could insert commercials and still fit the 2 hour time slot.

End of gripe.