Georgetown 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by HoyaHooligan, Aug 23, 2014.

1. HoyaHooligan

HoyaHooligan Member

Sep 10, 2008
    The Hoyas opened their 2014 Campaign with a 3-1 win over the University of San Diego late last night( well East Coast time).

www.guhoyas.com/sports/w-soccer/recaps/082314aab.html

"Senior midfielder Daphne Corboz (Green Brook, N.J./Watchung Hills), a preseason All-American candidate and a nominee for the MAC Hermann Trophy Award, scored one goal and had two assists, while senior forward Vanessa Skrubmis (Encinco, Calif./Sierra Canyon) scored Georgetown's first two goals."

2. HoyaHooligan

HoyaHooligan Member

Sep 10, 2008
  3. HoyaHooligan

HoyaHooligan Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Dominant 6-0 win over NC st yesterday in DC.

4. HoyaHooligan

HoyaHooligan Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Another blow out as Hoyas go to Towson and win 5-0. Were up 4-0 at half and played mostly back ups including keeper for the second half.

5. HoyaHooligan

HoyaHooligan Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Interested to see how my Hoyas handle a real team as they travel to blacksburg to take on #5 VT

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Is former Notre Dame forward Crystal Thomas playing?

7. HoyaHooligan

HoyaHooligan Member

Sep 10, 2008
    No. She hasn't played yet this year. Not connected enough to know if she's injured or just not playing or what.

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thank you. I noticed that.
    I liked her at Notre Dame. Wish she had stayed. She has a short and stocky frame and has a quick first step when going for goal. Scored some key goals for the Irish in her two years at ND. Also a very nice kid.

9. HoyaHooligan

HoyaHooligan Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Not well. Clearly outclassed. I'm always a little taken aback at how much faster the top 5 squads appear to be compared to Georgetown. Hoyas lose 6-1 in blacksburg. I mean even though I think my squad is legit top 25 there just seems to be a huge discrepancy between the top 5 and the rest of the country. It's this way in Women's Basketball too. Not sure what it is about women's sports that creates this lack of parity, but the Men's sports certainly seem to have more parity than the female equivalents. Hopefully can get a result vs. Wake.

10. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maybe Nolan should have spent time scouting Virginia Tech's attack instead of telling TopDrawerSoccer how special his team is.

But I expect them to bounce back against Wake Forest. Wake has some bad results with a lack of talent this year. Hoyas can put this one behind them with a win over a Wake team that was heavily overrated at the start of the year.

11. saladking

saladking Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Don't
    Don't forget now they are very young. He said this in the article. I guess they weren't young when they were kicking everybody's butt. :)

12. justdoit

justdoit Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Georgetown will be fine. A lose is a lose. 1-0 or 6-1. The big thing will be the next 2 game. How do they respond??

13. HoyaHooligan

HoyaHooligan Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Not great. Lost 2-0 to Wake. :(