George Bello

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Jazzy Altidore, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that he's in ATL's plans for this season it seems that he deserves his own thread.

It was obviously a tough game in CR but I actually thought Bello fit in well. De Boer wrongly put Bello in an advanced attacking wingback position when a more defensive formation was in order, but Bello got caught out a few times, but I put that more on the coach than Bello, given this was one of his first significant adult matches.

Overall, I was impressed with his control, passing, and athletic ability. He seemed to take the safe option of passing to a teammate too many times when he should have attacked a defender one-on-one, but that's expected from a young kid in this situation. His teammates also passed him up many times when he was in a prime attacking formation, really pissed me off. Overall if he continues to start and plays to his potential he should be in the conversation for the gold cup this upcoming summer, given our LB situation.

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THIS very much stood out to me. And that is a lack of confidence and experience. Hopefully de Boer can get him straightened out.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like how Cannon started out last year. Really hard to do everything all at once. Start with defending and then add offense as you can as the year progresses. Have to like our prospects at lb a few years from now with 3-4 prospects maturing quickly.

4. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven’t seen Cannon but I’ve heard the gossip? What’s his deal as a player? Strengths weakness ceilings? I’m asking on behalf of @LouisianaViking07/09

5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He plays hard and he's a tough kid. A bit like McKennie in his dribbling where it's not flashy but he tanks through and collects bounces and rebounds if his skill doesn't do the trick. I love his mental makeup because he seems a good guy but if a player starts hacking him he just gets tougher and tougher the rest of the game. Don't get him mad. Nice crosses on the ground and a very good one on one defender in MLS but still needs work on that internationally. If he's not and eventual starter for the national team it will mean someone really good is there ahead of him and the team will be well off.

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    You really be earning that assistant salary :p

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  7. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can pay me with beer over a soccer game at Legends next time I’m in the LBC

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    in Belmont Shore? dude. I'd get you a beer on the west side. Some place with less douchey SoCal people o_O

9. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol come on man don’t be so judgmental. Legends is the official AO bar and is a big soccer place. They play all the CL games and are awesome for big international evens like World Cup and Euro championship. Belmont is just as much LB as pine and broadway. I get different strokes for different strokes but chilling with a margarita outside on a warm day at Taco Surf is super chill bra. Getting coked out to metal at Alex’s bar is just another flavor of LB fun. What’s great about LB is the diversity, right?

Also there are douche all over. Hipster snobs on fourth street aren’t exactly the nicest folks.

I admit I’m biased I grew up in Belmont heights and went to Wilson high.

10. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to know though what’s your footy bar LB?

11. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s a right footed player correct?

12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I don't have 1. I prefer watching it at home or with a friend. I get shy unleashing the torrent of emotions with Liverpool's recent seasons (on any members of the public).

13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    You're right. I shouldn't be, but it is so douchey and hipster and suburban types whenever I visit that area. I stick to the Pike all the way up to Willow and areas near Cherry.

The diversity is indeed key. But usually that diversity is far from Belmont Shore IMO. But I've only been here nearly 6 years; so I'm just a cynic. I'll have to give Legends a look-see sooner or later.

14. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Belmont is part of the diversity of culture that makes LB great in my opinion. Surfer chill as fk beer and tacos and weed and sublime .

15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Maybe to some, but I prefer some real folks. That'd be on the other side of the city.

16. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay. Plenty of those folks a "real folks" who are actually born and raised native to LB. It is far from a white homogenous neighborhood anyway (to the extent that should even matter.) I personally know a ton of longshoreman and dock workers who spend much time on second street. We can end it here but I suggest you reevaluate your views.

17. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will you be there with SNOOP, D, O, double G?

18. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Snoop hardly hangs in LB anymore; I believe he still lives in Chino Hills. But you can watch old music videos from the 90s of Snoop on the beach near Belmont.

19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Perhaps you're right. As I said, i'm a cynic when it comes to Belmont Shore.

20. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes but he scored his only goal with his left on a long hard shot. Not sure he's good enough to move left because I haven't seen it but his crosses with his right are pretty decent.

21. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he’s a right back unlike Bello?

22. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to think about your post a few times, wondering if, in fact, @LouisianaViking07/09 was at your house using your computer to post this question. I am still unsure.

23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I'd swing by but only if his sister was there. And if she made some grape Kool-Aid :p

24. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You just have to understand our special relationship.

25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    cue image of Dubya and Tony Blair