Geoff Cameron at Queens Park Rangers

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And B'mouth turn it around to win 2-1. Cameron a bit static in their first goal, the second was a total defensive fail with a cross into the area that left four B'mouth players unmarked for the header.

RIP, Stoke City.

2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Played well, IMO. Tough loss, up 1-0 at half and lost 2-1. He was steady as the holding mid, provided a nice presence and broke up a lot of plays. A few needless wayward passes, and sorta got caught on their 1st goal, but overall good to see him get 90 in the CM role.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    From oatcake:

Cameron- 5- maybe 5 is a bit harsh, but I thought he was our only weak link, especially in the first half. Gave the ball away quite a bit, but still an upgrade on fletcher. Which says a lot about his performance against Watford. For all the good work he does winning the ball back and beating a man. His passes does him down.

Cameron- 6 - not one of his best games, but definitely an improvement on Fletcher.

4. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah he was okay, but he looked a bit rusty to me, still his athleticism allowed Allen to run around with purpose and conviction knowing Geoff could at least slow things down a bit. Should be able to see the field in the battles to come.

I don't think anybody has ever questioned Geoff's mettle. This game next week would be pivotal to staying up. If ever there was a six pointer, this is it. Hope Stoke win Geoff starts and plays excellent.

wixson7, LouisianaViking07/09 and neems repped this.
  5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Word no one thought they'd ever read since 2008...

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I 100% agree. He's on like 1.5 -2 million a year. He wont be getting more than 600 K a year if he returns to MLS

7. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Plus he plays with regularity. If he wants at the end he can come and get a year contract at probably 600k as he is still a mid table epl defender.

8. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Please study this:

Attached Files:

superdave and Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  9. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not really. Dom Kineear would probably have him in LA if he could. There are 24 teams, a solid CB/DM/RB with international and premier league experience who doesn't need visa/green cards would be somewhat desirable

It depends on when he returns, what age he is, and his injury history at the point he decides to come.

If he was to come back this summer and be injury free he could probably get close to his Stoke salary for a year or two before it drops. If he comes back when his stoke contract ends, he will probably get lower.

10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    If Jelle van Damme can get an MLS defender contract, anyone can.

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I can't see Cameron getting a million in MLS but then again Bedoya gets a million and Cameron is far more useful to a club and has a bigger name, so perhaps he might.

12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How old is Cameron?

13. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Date of birth July 11, 1985 (age 32)

14. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Sounders need a back center back and defensive midfield depth. At the right price he would be a good pickup. Spot starter squad depth player. He probably be a starter for some other teams.

15. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    As much as I prefer him at dmid, he is a pretty good RCB in. 3 man back field as well as a serviceable CB, in my opinion he is a strange CB / DM tweener just like Dempsey as mid / striker or MB as a useless jackass / captain.

16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009

Has Cameron done anything to make a name for himself for fans from NT games? Even Boca got a lesser move to MLS on his return and I doubt he was making over $300 K. Best for Cameron to ride his contract out. Maybe even get the record for PL appearances among a Yank field player.

Sam Hamwich and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  17. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    Wow. Had no idea he was close enough to that mark for it even to be in consideration.

But will they install a "Cameron's" pub in his honor at the Brittania? That's the real test.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/hospitality/packages/mcbrides

18. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is in a firm second I believe but has about two seasons of appearances to catch up with Dempsey. Cameron has been averaging between 20- and 30+ appearances per year, so if he remains in Stoke's plans as a primary player for the next two years, he could break it. I think Cameron is at 164 and Dempsey's total was 218.

Winoman and SamsArmySam repped this.
  19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I believe he's 40 or 50 seasons away. 2 more years and he secures it. Ride that contract until it ends I'd say.

20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I kinda like that he'd be a one club man in MLS and one club man abroad.

It's amazing McBride got that after only 4 years there. Pretty damn impressive.

21. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McHead's classiness, production, and his willingness to literally bleed for his uniform endeared him to almost all fans everywhere.

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  22. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to go too far afield, but watching this gave me chills:

23. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I used to fly into London and watch Dempsey at the cottage. It was exciting and the cottage intimate. Dempsey would battle and battle. He was respected by no one in the media but I guarantee the CBs were watching especially after he broke Terry's jaw. Street ball, baby.

24. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OT, but my favorite McBride vid is this one.
    Not all Fulham, but a lot. Some Everton in there, as well.

25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Try as we have, we still haven't effectively replaced him. Our guys either score for club or they score for country, but rarely does 1 score consistently for both (especially in a top 3 league)