Geoff Cameron at Queens Park Rangers

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Sucks for Geoff but good to see my Potters doing what they do, especially to Man U.

3. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Good point fr Stoke. Second goal fr MU a little soft, IMHO. Seen the game and Geoff pulled up just before the whistle but played on for a minute or two. Did not look like a blow out, just a tweak and no more. As it. happened, I was wondering if it was why he looked so poor in the CR game and not included in Hondo. Was not himself that game, at all.

wixson7 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Cameron does not make the 18 today for Stoke against Chelsea.

edcrocker repped this.
  5. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Yep, bummer. No way he gets called in for qualifiers unless he's back in training right away. Bummer timing.

6. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hughesy publicly stated as a silver lining to Saturday's loss he hopes to have Cameron back next weekend; which implies both that he's close and he'll play him straight away if available. He's done it multiple times before and I fully expect Geoff to give it a go given the importance of the upcoming internationals. The bigger question is if he'll pull up lame at some point.

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  8. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lineup suggests it's a 3-4-2-1. Is he in fact playing in the middle of a 3-man back line?

Zinkoff repped this.
  9. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Not watching, but Sparky has gone with that even when it meant moving a midfielder to the back line.

10. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw the end of the game. Stoke were bunkering hardcore for at least the last 10 minutes. Hughes was playing with fire. Compounding the problem was the ref adding an audacious amount of time. Put 5 up on the board, then bolstered it with about 2 and a half more. Been in that situation as a footballer myself and it's maddening. If Southampton would have scored an inquest would have been incoming. Thankfully they survived to win 2-1.

All I can really report was Cameron was moving around sufficiently but not wasn't optimum. He seemed to be holding back a little and playing conservatively. Which would be smart knowing the importance of the games ahead, but he'd have to loosen up and take chances then. I saw kind of a skewed sample at the end.

But Stoke were disappointing without him, then he returned and they won. Might count for something. Whoscored gave him a very strong 7.8 fwiw. 2nd best of anybody at the match. Easy start on Friday for the U.S.

11. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    From what I saw, yes.

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Cameron is a very smart player. When they bunker, he's the guy running around to plug any holes. His work is mainly a background one, but very important.

13. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    So Gonzalez can play like crap, consistently, game after game but still gets to start while Cameron is generally solid to great but has one shit ass game and gets banished to the bench? Makes perfect sense.

14. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    before, during, and after the game i kept thinking what a 3-5-2 would've looked like, or 5-3-2, or GCam next to bradley at DM...what a shit show. i'm sure his coach is happy to have him come off an injury, fly halfway across the world and not play a single second.

15. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Too bad for Geoff, but will continue to watch him at Stoke.

16. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US really did not get the best out of our players. He has put in a solid career

17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    i wonder how much longer he'll be at Stoke.

18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Only thing i can think of is he was still nursing his injury in camp... but Bruce benched him in the previous game in Honduras as well. Head scratcher.

19. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Dude, it's just Manchester City not Trinidad AND Tobago (or even Manchester Metro Area). Totally different situation.

DM in a 4-2-3-1?

LouisianaViking07/09 and dcochran repped this.
  21. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    DM in 1st of and with subs/injuries he moved to RB in 3 man bacline in the 2nd, I only saw the last 35 min and the score went from 3-2 to 7-2 within a few minutes. Not much to say to be honest.

22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It was a bloodbath. Even with the 2 goals it looked men v. boys.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    ManCity had the decency to stop trying to score after the seventh.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I thought it was weird to hear Pep yelling "left foot only!"

wixson7 repped this.