Geoff Cameron at Queens Park Rangers

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Aug 9, 2012.

1. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeez, I hope those guys falling on the steps are ok.

2. Ironbound

Ironbound Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Safe to say they didn't feel a thing.

HartwickFan and Suyuntuy repped this.
  3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are old.

6. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feels like longer. He's 32 already, and has managed to have a fulfilling European career, in spite of a late start. Good on Stoke for that shrewd buy from MLS that's paying dividends ten-fold, and good on Geoff.

Somehow his stint there has been relatively unheralded here. YA's reaction should be closer to Dean Pelton's toward a different Jeffrey.

7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    it's interesting. the commentator first says MLS and then says "the MLS"

Also, he looks so young. I never would have thought he'd carve such a nice career for 5 years at Stoke.

wikipedia doesn't list how much he cost but wasn't it just a million or 2 pounds?

HartwickFan repped this.
  8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    2.15m Euros, as per Transfermarkt:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/geoff-cameron/profil/spieler/31642

And he was making 2m Euros/year in 2016 as per this one:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/pics/pictures/4676/Every-Stoke-player-s-weekly-wages-revealed

In other words, a nice bargain.

9. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Guess tomorrow's game is on some upcharge league pass.

10. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Stoke v WBA and Geoff gets the start at RWB. Our boy does not get much love, but he has to be one of our most consistent YA's. We might not know where he is going to play, but if healthy it is almost certain he will start.

11. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    About as negative a half of football you will ever see. WBA playing for corners and Stoke really handicapped by the RWB having played so much CB lately and not really being an attacking player.

Nevertheless good result for Stoke, clean sheet and still have the point they started with. A point on the road is never bad in the PL. This game has a 90 minute winner off a WBA set piece goal written all over it.

Sparky needs to make a change sooner rather than later. Geoff needs to come off and they need to pick up the pace in attack.

wixson7 repped this.
  12. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    this nbc change is so dumb

wixson7 and justinpaul10 repped this.
  13. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    1-0 WBA 61st min. Geoff mostly at fault, he has looked terrible today. The RWB thing has him all confused it looks like.

Hopefully the goal livens the game up some.

HartwickFan and ttrevett repped this.
  14. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Geoff off Rama on. Crouch comes on, Rama to Crouch for the equalizer on miscommunication at the back between WBA player and keeper.

1-1 FT!

Not bad got a point at Hawthornes. I think for the first time against Pulis.

15. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Yup no surprise Goeff is not a wingback. I think you can play him in the midfield I think you can play him at CB. But at this point I think he has to play centrally.

Gacm32 repped this.
  16. JWMissoula

JWMissoula Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    When I saw he had been taken out in the 69th minute I feared injury. Out of position and playing poorly is therefore a relief.

17. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Sparky with a great big Pullthis to Pulis.

Geoff was simply a tactical sub fixing a starting line-up mistake.

18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    can you elaborate?

19. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Sparky set up defensively and looked as if the players were under instruction to play on the back foot. Wingbacks staying back, no over lapping runs, don't commit to many men forward, etc. etc.

Concede a goal and bring on the big target to fire balls at his head and see if one can drop lucky. It did and Potters knick a point on the road playing almost as dour as west brazil.

I used pullthis as a pun but really it was more like a f*** you Tone and your negative dour cheating concacrap style football.

20. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wingback or not, he's gotten abused twice in two weeks by attackers. Once by Giroud, who should have scored the leveler, and now by the goal scorer who should've had the game winner. For a guy who is supposed to be our lock starter at center back, he ain't in great form. The position he was in when losing the guy today was a central position and whether he's playing WB or CD, he knows he shouldn't lose his mark in the box. He just shut off for a millisecond and he was beat.

21. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He hardly got abused last week. He was decent overall (following a good season debut performance reportedly) and that was at a position he may have never played before in LCB. This week he played another position he may have also never played before in RWB. His form is more than fine and what issues he had are solved by throwing him back in the center consistently where he belongs - cdm or cb. It's a non-problem.

22. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Glad I didn't/couldn't see this game. Let's just act like it never happened.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  24. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Cameron always finds a way to the starting line-up